1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Thor poll

Discussion in 'Terran' started by -LT-, Oct 15, 2007.

?

What do you think? Should Thor:

1. Stay as it is

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Get modified and have another role

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Be kicked out of the game

0 vote(s)
    0.0%

Thor poll

Discussion in 'Terran' started by -LT-, Oct 15, 2007.

1. Dinoxe

Dinoxe New Member

If you can get 2 Siege Tanks for the same cost then the Thor is not that expensive, and how do you know 2 tanks does a lot more damage then a Thor?

2. Ronin

Ronin New Member

Beware
    I really want it to stay, huge demoraliser to see multiple huge mechs walking to your base guns at the ready while its bombard is devastating.
    but it definitely needs a little uniqueness, i think that it should be able to get weapon choices like the BC (goes in artillery slot)
    1) AA missile batteries.
    2) the artillery cannons
    3) a bunker esque platform that can hold up to four MARINES no others giving it a slight firefight boost for both AA and AtG attacks.
    any thoughts?

3. Psionicz

Psionicz New Member

Under Your Bed
    Yea sounds like a good idea and that way it balances out with the Mothership, cuz right now the Mothership is all over the Thor.

Oh, and why not Firebats inside, makes sense to protect it from melee attackers

And I was waiting for someone to talk about the psychological effects it would imply also cuz my mouse would be moving pretty fast if I saw a few Thors coming. :powerup:

4. Gasmaskguy

Gasmaskguy New Member

Sweden
    Getting two Siege Tanks for the same cost as one Thor doesn't make it cheaper. The Siege Tanks are really buffed up in SC2, their range are 11+ or something like that (they increased it to something), while the Thors standard cannons have short to medium range.

How I know that 2 Siege Tanks do more damage than a Thor? The Thor has a damage of 24 + an anti armor bonus (methinks), while the 2 ST's would do a trembling 100x2 damage range 11+.

5. Psionicz

Psionicz New Member

Under Your Bed
    Defense: 3 (+1) Type: Armored Movement: Slow
    Armament: "Thor's Hammer" Particle Accelerators

Damage: 27
    Attacks: 2
    Range: 6
    Speed: Slow
    Targets: Ground, Air

6. Gasmaskguy

Gasmaskguy New Member

Sweden
    27x2+ anti armor bonus. That's like 54-80 damage, depending on what you're shooting at.
    Still pretty weak compared to 50-100x2.
    Its range kinda sucks too.

7. Psionicz

Psionicz New Member

Under Your Bed
    You sure theres an anti-armor bonus?

The Thors seems like an excellent choice to be the front-runner in assulting a base, and while the enemy focuses on the Thor you could send in a raid party and mess up their minerals or vital base areas.

8. Ronin

Ronin New Member

Beware
    The thor cannons are shorter range and probably the same fireing rate as the siege tank but there are three things that makes it shine brighter than the siege tank.
    1) it can move then shoot and run without any delays between mobile/power attack.
    2) it has no minimum range (i think)
    3) the thor also has the artillary barrage which pretty much 1 shots (sort of) any unit, at least it is in much less time than a siege tank to kill a building.

The marines only was kinda a thought that was based on that the bunker platform would be on top of the thor's cockpit kinda like they just built it on top.

9. Gasmaskguy

Gasmaskguy New Member

Sweden
    No minimum range = true.
    But its movement speed sucks. A ST in tank mode can roll away from a Thor pretty quick. And if the chase includes a lot of turns, the Thor would have to stop and turn all the time.

And your third point isn't very valid. We don't know if it's left. The Artillery ability overlapped with Siege Tanks and might have been replaced with something else.

10. Ronin

Ronin New Member

Beware
    well without having to pack up and move the Thor between fights you can (relatively) safely Attack move it to the front lines where it will attack any (hopefully) rogue units between pts A and B. Where as a Siege tank can't do that as well since it needs to pack up to roll out.
    But i do concede to the face my 3rd point is fairly unfounded, thank you for pointing that out. (that wasn't sarcasm, sorry if it sounds that way)
    I am trying to "voice" my opinions here and stating out facts based upon my imperfect knowledge I don't know everyting and there are venues of conversation that do not reveal themselves to me while I am "speaking" so if I don't think of something it does not occur to me that I missed it sometimes. Its just part of being human.