1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Thor poll

Discussion in 'Terran' started by -LT-, Oct 15, 2007.

?

What do you think? Should Thor:

1. Stay as it is

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Get modified and have another role

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Be kicked out of the game

0 vote(s)
    0.0%

Thor poll

Discussion in 'Terran' started by -LT-, Oct 15, 2007.

1. zeratul11

zeratul11 New Member

sure. 8)

and

i still think the reapers pistols are LAME. give them arnold swAarcneger's ERASER gun. why cant the terran come with something like that...wait i know why.. gameplay / visual issues and balances? come on. :-\

2. CarriersMustReturn

CarriersMustReturn New Member

I like it the way it is.

3. SOGEKING

SOGEKING New Member

He must not be changed. He is very great like this.

Normally as the battlecruiser is maybe bigger than the Thor, the battlecruiser had to be built by a SCV like the Thor no ?

4. pgalde

pgalde Guest

It should be modified as in hp. then we would want it to be to much of a strong unit. it may be like this to keep a balance between terran, zerg and protoss.

5. BirdofPrey

BirdofPrey New Member

Arizona
    Welcome.

Please elaborate on what you mean.

6. Overling

Overling New Member

Ok, it seems like the Predator is gone. Why not change the Thor so it has a GTA role, that the Cobras might not have now that they're turned into an anti-infantry unit (source: some old Q&A).

Cobras can slow down enemies and attack while moving. This isn't necessarily an anti-air fire, or an anti-armor fire. Siege-tanks do anti-armored, but they can't hit air. If Thor's skill becomes an AoE aerial attack, neither Yamato or Plasma array will do its function. And since the cannons are located on its top, they might be better off as GTA than another kind of sieging. It would even mesh well with STs, rather than overlapping with them. What you guys think?

7. carlsjr11

carlsjr11 New Member

i think that compared to the mother ship it seems like it wont have as many upgrades

mother ship, and thor seem to be the 2 big race units thats why i compared them

8. ItzaHexGor

ItzaHexGor Active Member

Sydney, Australia
    The Thor unit is fine as it is. It would be used a heck of a lot less if if could only attack air units. The Thor is already able to attack air units anyway, so there isn't a proper reason to take away its Ground-to-Ground attack. It is basically designed for sieging bases, which it wouldn't be able to do if it could only attack air units. I don't see why people say that the Thor overlaps with Siege Tanks. All they have in common is their splash damage against ground units. Siege Tanks won't be able to fill the role of the Thor, and the Thor won't be able to fill the role of the Siege Tank. They are completely different units.

9. Rex

Rex New Member

so if it get modified will there then be SIEGE TANKS I LUV THEM ;)

10. -LT-

-LT- New Member

Of course! That's why we're modifying the Thor. Because he overlaps with the siege tanks.
    If the siege tanks are out, the Thor won't have to be modified.

11. DKutrovsky

DKutrovsky New Member

I want to see it modified.

I would like to see it made into a small/medium sized unit killer(check out my shiva suggestion).

And i would like to see it reduced in size, its TOO big imo.

12. ItzaHexGor

ItzaHexGor Active Member

Sydney, Australia
    It's meant to be big, that's the whole concept behind the Thor. It's meant to be the utmost advanced of all the Terran mechs. I don't see why it overlaps with the Siege Tank so much, the Siege Tank is obviously designed for siege, but the Thor is an assault mech, not a siege mech. It is designed to take on units rather than buildings. The Thor has less range but no minimum range, and a bigger splash. And if that isn't enough, the Bombardment ability is what really distinguishes it from other units.

13. techlology

techlology New Member

I agree, the Thor is one big bullet magnet. It is something you would use to rip through your opponent's defenses leaving him to go "oh no! OH NOO!" as his units get killed by your reinforcements while they concnetrate fire on your Thor.

If it has to be changed, then I would like to see it getting a melee attack.

14. ItzaHexGor

ItzaHexGor Active Member

Sydney, Australia
    A melee attack would be useless. It is way to slow and clumsy to be given a melee attack. Also, the concept doesn't suit Terran at all. Terran have always been based around attacking from a distance. Even the Firebat still have a bit of range. There is already a thread based on a melee Thor design, so if you wish to talk about it further, post there. http://www.starcraft2forum.org/forums/index.php?topic=3982.0

15. cohnee

cohnee New Member

I agree that the Thor is fine as it is. My only real suggestion is that it loses it's bombardment ability. Mostly because I think it is a little too close to the siege tank in that respect.

Of course we're basing our views on a few short videos. No one knows exactly what the Thor is capable of.

16. i2new@aol.com

i2new@aol.com New Member

Thor's anamation shout change right. they should change the cannons on its back with like 6 Missurents or like rocet packs and give it an ablity called Hammer Fury where it unleashes tones and tones of missles at 8 different targets. each target will most likly be killed by this attack taking like 400 dmg. and it has a normal gound and air attack.

17. ekulio

ekulio New Member

If they take away the bombardment ability they have to up the normal attack, which is fine by me. I just hate to see those awesome cannons go..

You know, the more I think about it the more the Thor is starting to seem like a sucky and over-expensive Archon.

18. DarkTemplol

DarkTemplol New Member

Hmm, I think the Thor should be scrapped, and rebuilt from the ground up. It needs a faster attack, albeit less powerful, something along the lines of 25, with a cooldown slightly longer than the Archons. It needs a fair movement speed, and it needs to be expensive. Like, 250 Minerals, 250 gas.

The unit I would have in mind would be a monster to soak up damage while tanks deal the real power.

Protoss have Archons
    Zerg have Ultralisks
    Terran have... Not much.

The Terrans need something to fill that role.

19. darkone

darkone Moderator

Mississippi
    the terrans have range they don't need a sponge

20. DarkTemplol

DarkTemplol New Member

True I suppose. It would be nice to have though. Mind you, you are right, the range of tanks, coupled with a Meat shield could upset balance.