1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Zerg Roach

Discussion in 'Zerg' started by ShoGun, Mar 11, 2008.

The Zerg Roach

Discussion in 'Zerg' started by ShoGun, Mar 11, 2008.

1. Mattbaumann777

Mattbaumann777 New Member

I agree they should bring back upgraded Hydras and Lurkers that can move while burrowed.

2. Kye

Kye Guest

Overpowered!

Roaches are insanely overpowered. you walk in with 3 of them and bang, the whole base is dead, it is stupid.:mad:

3. Mako

Mako New Member

Marines just crumble before roaches....

4. FFenix

FFenix New Member

LOL roaches suck balls, speed lings are the way to go

5. Gardian_Defender

Gardian_Defender New Member

Oregon_USA
    Yea I like masses of lings more but roaches just kill everything cuz of the bonus to bio. I agree it is pretty gay though.

6. KHaYMaN

KHaYMaN New Member

Oregon
    I would like to see the Roach spawn 2 broodlings when it dies. This would fit thematically with the concept of roaches, which not only never die, but breed like crazy.

And yes, I'm ok with imbalance as long as it is zerg imbalance. For the......Queen of Blades? (just doesn't have the same ring to it, damn Kerrigan)

7. tskarz

tskarz New Member

8. Bthammer45

Bthammer45 New Member

Because they needed it now hopefully they will tone down the maurader next.

Its called balance

9. tskarz

tskarz New Member

You're right, zerg can just fend off helions and zealots with zerglings. when immortals and tanks come onto the field we can let loose our nerfed hydras and mutas...

Zerg are supposed to be able to mass cheap units, so the logical thing to do would be lower the roach's HP or attack. If they rationalize this nerf by buffing ultras I'm gonna puke, because ultras with more attack or HP will still be a ****ty, overpriced unit and zerg players aren't going to last long enough to get them on the field.

10. Arc

Arc New Member

how come zerg always get nerfed when they get kick-assed most of the time -_- lame, they should've reduced the life or something instead

11. asdf

asdf New Member

zerg don't get ***-kicked... in fact, zerg is mostly just a roachfest. roach nerf was needed.

this really doesn't add much to the cost of the roach... one extra overlord every 4 roaches instead of every 8. oh no, how horrible! it affects late game much more than early game, to be honest.

12. tskarz

tskarz New Member

Don't discount the fact that we lose larva for those extra lords as well, and we are going to be constantly supply blocked if we are trying to counter zealot or helion cheese (b/c they both murder lings).

Besides the fact that the way they have designed zerg in SC2 goes against what the race is supposed to be (huge mass of cheap units) the roach is far from overpowered in mid-late game. Stim packed marauders absolutely destroy them, and toss can use the sentries' OP forcefield +stalkers or immortals.

13. Arc

Arc New Member

+1

hydras are quite good, but the cost has way been increased, in SC1, they were cheaper but still not OP, so why the increased cost now?

well yeah, roaches are quite good early game, mid game presents new counters for them, so that doesn't make them that op, decent players rarely whine on roachfests anyway

with the supply cost on the recent patch, roaches become a be-all end-all type of strategy. It lagged production because of more overlords required (which of course needs larvae), this makes the zerg less flexible because of the supply crunch, @asdf said it himself, it f**ks up zerg late game (which is already bad), coz the supplies which could be used for brood lords, infestors, mutas, and hydras were eaten by roaches, we could still use other strats and BOs but those are often without viability when the game goes on (speedlings + banelings) this strat is good, until for example marauders (who roaches rape) start raping speedlings

as an adaptive strat, I wall up for a while with banelings then go on straight to mass mutas and broodlords XD

Last edited: May 14, 2010