1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Terran Raptor

Discussion in 'Terran' started by aMp, Feb 17, 2008.

The Terran Raptor

Discussion in 'Terran' started by aMp, Feb 17, 2008.

1. zeratul11

zeratul11 New Member

nah its alright.

my only advice is keep on posting and back up or just support everything you post. believe me i went down as far as -17, but i never gave up. i learn from my mistakes and keep on going and look at where im now. well i cant say im a terrific poster now or im very mucy much honored here, no, im still hated by many and i still post badly a lot. but the thing is everything is better now compared before and im glad i didn't give up against flames and "idea" haters alike. ^^

goodluck and dont worry guys like you are very much supported than the other way around.

and the thor shoots particle beam or something it doesnt have a rail gun. almost all uver cool mech got laser weapons etc. and the thor looks advance enough to have laser technology.

2. aMp

aMp New Member

I would like to know WHY you think the ability is bad furrer.

3. zeratul11

zeratul11 New Member

btw thanks furrer when you said my idea about the nomad seem nice in the omnidiscussion thread, but you were probably joking. lol

4. furrer

furrer New Member

Denmark
    I was not joking, REALLY.
    aMp. In the right moment it would be able to kill very much... 24 mutalisks fighting 3 raptors, they use their aby´s, GG

5. aMp

aMp New Member

not quite but almost

6. furrer

furrer New Member

Denmark
    The abbility would be really good if it wasnt so strong...
    But its also a bit, what should i say, boring or old/not new...

7. L89

L89 New Member

Yes, the ability will be good if it wasn't already on the Phoenix. Talking about phoenixes, an idea for a Terran AtA special ability is the ability for them to be able to detect enemy fighters from a greater-than-line-of-sight distance (which maintains the Terran theme of early detection). This ability can be adjusted to avoid imba, such as only having this long detection range in the 11 oclock to 1 oclock direction (makes sence; modern fighters nowadays have many restrictions due to their radars).

Anyway, once the enemy fighters are located, each Raptor (love the name) can fire a long-range missile. Each Raptor only has one of these (due to having one external hardpoint) and must go back to base to reequip (cost?). However, the missile is only their secondary weapon, with their primary being lasers (or rail guns, whatever). Dig or diss?

I got this inspiration from the F14 Tomcats and their Phoenix missiles. Check out http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/AIM-54_Phoenix.

8. aMp

aMp New Member

That's a perfect idea! But yes, their primary gun will stay as rail guns. What could we call this ability? I think it should be called the Tracer.

9. Kaaraa

Kaaraa Space Junkie

United States
    L89: I do like the seeker missile idea. It's a nice feature without being a ripoff of the Pheonix's Overload.

As for the Raptor's main atack, I agree with the majority of the thread that mini-railguns sound awkward on an AtA ship. Even if they fired faster than a normal sized railgun, you'd need multiple guns that with alternating fire to get a decent rate. I'd rather go with lazers, or dual plasma torpedo launchers ;D

10. aMp

aMp New Member

I did say that there is two mini rail guns.

11. Kaaraa

Kaaraa Space Junkie

United States
    I'm just not sure that two would be enough is all - anything that has two guns/claws/what have you gets that merged into one attack. I was thinking four railguns, two firing each cycle.

12. Blackskies

Blackskies New Member

I think it should have four rail guns, six lazer cannons, eight gatling guns, ten photon torpedo cannon, eight thousand mini machine guns and it needs to be bigger then the sun. Yup. that an air counter.

13. Kaaraa

Kaaraa Space Junkie

United States
    Do I detect a hint of sarcasm in your post, or is it just me?

Let's try to keep our posts at least somewhat constructive, shall we?

14. aMp

aMp New Member

Don't you mean the Death Star?

15. Ronin

Ronin New Member

Beware
    Wheh i read about the ship i got a mental picture somethig similar to the wraith and was armed with teh rail guns, now i had four, two on each "wing" that would fire one after another keeping a constant stream of moderate fire that could shread through lighter craft but couldnt pierce the thicker neosteel hulls of, say a battlecruser, or the carapice/metals of their couunterparts. I couldn't quite picture a bomb area but the missles sound great, however i still cant find myself agreeing with the name raptor. It just does not seem to fit along with the other new unit names...well anyway if I had to rate the idea as of now id give it a 8/10. I'm generally a pretty critical on judgements so 8's are really good unless I am totally extatic about something.
    afterthoughts
    Diddnt like the name or the bomb idea, and id like it if there could be a discription of its look, cluster rockets sound fun though.

16. aMp

aMp New Member

Rockets and rail guns ftw, ronin. lol