1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The roach still sucks

Discussion in 'Zerg' started by ekulio, Jun 20, 2009.

The roach still sucks

Discussion in 'Zerg' started by ekulio, Jun 20, 2009.

1. PsiWarp

PsiWarp New Member

Aiur
    I am very eager to see what changes befall the Roach, which remain to be seen until tomorrow's NDA ending. I'm not expecting a huge change, just minor changes like damage/bonus.

However, if the Roach is moved up one tier because of the Hydralisk, it would be interesting.

-Psi

2. Sueco

Sueco New Member

Pro players will use roaches in a battle of atrition, pulling them back before they reach 50%. Especially after the regenerationm upgrade, they will easily outlast most similar sized armies. We just havent seen them being properly used thats all.

3. Kimera757

Kimera757 New Member

That's their hard counter. If you're facing stalkers, for instance, you should be using zerglings as well. Use roaches to counter the zealots (which otherwise would counter your zerglings).

4. needler

needler New Member

5. Bthammer45

Bthammer45 New Member

Yes it did I hope the roach gets a offensive damage change.

6. Gardian_Defender

Gardian_Defender New Member

Oregon_USA
    Yes I say more bass damge and a little less boosts damge against bio units. This would help it be a little better all around damge wise and not making it a Zerg kill with boosted damge etc because of fighting biological units with it's damge boosts. This would also compensate for there teir. However I would also like to see the lurker come down a teir.

Maybe they could have the hydra den mutate into a weaker form of lurked den making you to have some lurked defence(maybe until you get the real den they would have 3/4 their normal stats) so instead of 40 damge it would be 30 and so on and then once you have the real lurker den you can de-mutate the Hydra den for a FUL refund.

Last edited: Jul 3, 2009
  7. Bthammer45

Bthammer45 New Member

I think they should do a base damage instead of damage zersus smaller units or something else entirely and I can see it as a tier 2 unit but it really needs a type of offensive place.

As for a lurker comeing down in tier i think as long as the roach deals heavier damage versus units they wont need to plus it keeps things balanced because if they did that then the infestor would most likely get put to tier 3 and i like it as a tier 2 unit.

Also I think they should be viewed as the meat tank of the zerg force as in light of how the immortal is to the protoss force able to take damage and dish it out but in a more zergish swarmed way.

Last edited: Jul 4, 2009
  8. Gardian_Defender

Oregon_USA
    Well accually the hydra got brought down to a teir 1 unit the roach is now a teir 2 unit and the Infester is at teir three as of curent (I think) I saw it in another thread and I think it was pretty up to date.

i'm happy with the changes. It's a little more like SC1, you have a mix of lings and hydras with a sprinkiling of banelings for some extra damge, then you could rush to maybe some roaches and mutas or you could skip them entirely and got for hydras lings banelings and a few infester. This would be kind of like a ling muta and defiler build that you see in the pro games.

So I guess they want to stay away from SC1 a little bit but I think that's what's happening right now.

9. Bthammer45

Bthammer45 New Member

Well until the zerg get to tier 3 they have no anti armor units per say I think due to the fact that its tier 2 now it should get a base damage or do more damage versus armored possible.

10. Gardian_Defender

Oregon_USA
    Well don't you want to send the roach against infantry units like 3times as many roaches as they have marauders or something. I guess it would make the roach a bit more helpful vs 3rd and late game. But I guess that's what they could turn into a more of a late game super roach force. Imagine 150 roaches attacking you're base. You kill of the first few front lines but once they make it to you're front door it only tAkes time since in about 5 seconds they can generate to full health and sun upgraded they can regen to full hp in like 2-3 seconds(I guess it deponds on there final hp) but still how do u fight an enemy that regenerates it's health that was taken away between every shot? I guess you would need a crap load of tanks and bunkers to be able to live from that. And maybe a ton of medivacs to help you suvive also.