1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The roach still sucks

Discussion in 'Zerg' started by ekulio, Jun 20, 2009.

The roach still sucks

Discussion in 'Zerg' started by ekulio, Jun 20, 2009.

1. Sueco

Sueco New Member

When roaches are microed by pro players everyone will cry for nerfs, mark my words.

2. Bthammer45

Bthammer45 New Member

Only thing I can see it needing is the cost slightly changed so it includes gas maybe something on the lines of what the old hydra had in costs and possible a attack that works differently but thats it.
    Im also going to say this 2 it was staged its pretty obvious.

Last edited: Jun 22, 2009
  3. i2new@aol.com

i2new@aol.com New Member

not so much one detector and the unit is absolutly useless burrowed or not. Its just a matter of making it to a detectoer. For terrans it wont be that hard even if your using reapers i bet the D-8 charges can still hit burrowed units (thats just my random guess) so if you still wanna play a stand still fight with terrans you wont survive. Tanks can still one shot roaches too. Its just protoss that will have troble killing them out side a 5 or 6 unit focus volly attack.

4. Gardian_Defender

Gardian_Defender New Member

Oregon_USA
    I say bring the roach to the second teir, give the roach a shorter cooldown/ speed boost and a damge boost, and bring the HP to about 80 or what ever is balenced, (posibly even lower) Then bring the hydra and lurkers down a teir and wala you've fixed some big problems with the Zerg.

Last edited: Jun 22, 2009
  5. i2new@aol.com

i2new@aol.com New Member

they said the hydralisk was already at its old spot in SC1 its just still a little more expensice.

6. Gardian_Defender

Oregon_USA
    kk, but i still think that the roach should be a little faster, it seems really slow for a zerg unit. and i could also see them getting a Huge HP nerf, maybe down to like 50? then it they would regen all of there HP in 2 seconds (when Upgraded) mixed with a bit of micro that could be a very effective force. i think they should boost the normal damge (ive heard that it was 6) and ive heard that its double against biological units.
    the roach in general should be moved back a teir and given more damge and speed. (just my opinon)

7. Ballistixz

Ballistixz New Member

that may be true, in all the battle reports and sc2 demos we seen so far we seen ALOT of the abilities thatt he toss and terran can do, but they still barely scratched the surface with the zerg units. i think its about time we see what the zerg can REALLY do. i think we seen enough of toss and terran already, its about time for the zerg to shine...

and those vids where we see basicaly masses of zerg units hardly cut it because thats what the zerg are SUPPOSE to do! there a swarm so of course they mass. but those vids explain nothing on the abilities and capabilities of each zerg unit. we havent even seen some good muta/hydra vids which are icons of any zerg player. mutas/hydras to zerg is like marines/tanks to terrans and dragoons/zelots to protoss. and we havent seen a single hydra/muta in action.

there is one vid i remember where mutas were used in SC2 but in that demo the zerg player was raped like 5 seconds after the mutas poped... i forget which one it was but im sure some of u know which one im talking about. and that was a pretty OLD video anyway.

as for the roaches, i dont see how there bad. you get them pretty early and they pretty much rape marines and zelots in early game. and in battle report 3 he did not micro his roaches alot, that and the fact that stalkers are a good counter against roaches since there mechanical. he also didnt have alot of support for the roaches. if he had a good amount of zerglings to back up his roaches im certain he could have taken down the stalkers pretty easily.

Last edited: Jun 24, 2009
  8. Gardian_Defender

Oregon_USA
    I think we all are getting annoyed of seeing the Zerg lose in both battle reports. I bet the next BR will be ZvT and will show case the Zerg completly pwning he terrans in every way and going in for the kill with a huge force of zerglings/ roaches and banelings.

That's what the Zerg do best... Swarm!

9. Ballistixz

Ballistixz New Member

ya if its really staged then they HAVE to make the zerg win at some point. so far in the battlre reports the terran and toss each have 1 or more wins while the zerg has 0. but im hoping that if the officials dont show the true power and abilities of the zerg then im hoping the demo will have some fraped vids or replays of ac tually pros using them correctly. hopefully no rush games so we can see each race in full glory actually.

10. i2new@aol.com

i2new@aol.com New Member

that would be super gay if the 4th BR was a major blizzard joke and lasted like 5 or 6 mins and was a zerg rush match...

11. Gardian_Defender

Oregon_USA
    that would be retarted. but i dont think that, that would happen. with each race they have been only showcasing the NEW units and there ABILITYS. so its probly going to be alot of the queen and her abilitys and the roach and banelings in the zerg wining battle report.

at least thats my prediction, so i doubt we will see any hydras/mutas in the battle reports because they want to show off the new units, not old units that pretty much do exactly the same thing as the first game.

12. needler

needler New Member

The battle reports have been released about every two months and Blizzard said that beta will start during summer, so it probably starts before the next battle report would be released, so there probably isn't anymore battle reports.

13. furrer

furrer New Member

Denmark
    May I ask why? Not all can play beta, and I know fansite's will report a lot, but why stop with the official blizzard reports?

14. needler

needler New Member

Well aren't they unnecessary when there is lots of videos that are not staged?

15. furrer

furrer New Member

Denmark
    nothing made by blizzard is unnecesary. they got some things they want to show us - fine for me. lets bet 500 minerals that they will continue and at least make one after beta release?

16. needler

needler New Member

No bet, you'll win nevertheless.

17. Ballistixz

Ballistixz New Member

they would have to stop making them eventually, why not stop at 3 =p? especially when the beta will have us exploring and giving us alot more info on what each unit can do way way more then the BRs can. thats basically why the BRs are made anyway, to give us insight on what the new maps are like and what the units can do.

18. necromas

necromas New Member

Minneapolis, MN
    The problem with roaches is their regeneration is useless against focus firing, and though you can get burrow and pretend it's like blink, it still has a lot of limitations compared to stalkers and marauders, stalkers can blink and easily double their survivability without actually taking any stalkers out of the fight, and marauders are tough enough to not need any tricks to make them efficient.

As soon as the enemy gets detectors, your regeneration is completely countered because now you can't burrow to make it useful. Stalkers and marauders also have counters, but the presence of one detector isn't going to kill their effectiveness in the mid game.

19. furrer

furrer New Member

Denmark
    no, stalkers just get raped my speedlings and marauders by hydrylisks I imagine.

20. i2new@aol.com

i2new@aol.com New Member

If your so afraid of your roachs dying to focus fire make other units that should make more of a concen. Sience hydralisk are back at a lower tier lurkers should be down to tier 2 right? make them along with roaches. Are you going to waste time on fireing at a roach which is lower possible dmg done then a lurker with the new increased range as blizzard has said. Even though that person will still need a detectoer present even if a stalker blinks behind the line its gonna get its face torn off by lurkers. Unless the blink completely out of the battle range theres next to no hope of survival. Guys you need to stop getting worrierd. Blizzard has not showed us all the possiblitys on the current SC2 build. the zerg are fine army tactic wise. I still think there major problem is there economy.