1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Phoenix lose his overload ability ?

Discussion in 'Protoss' started by Justicator, Oct 12, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

The Phoenix lose his overload ability ?

Discussion in 'Protoss' started by Justicator, Oct 12, 2008.

1. overmind

overmind Active Member

New Zealand
    Of course the corsair is dead against a battlecruiser that's an anti swarm fighter against a capital ship, the point is that the corsair is probably the most effective air unit against massed air, and a decent number will do reasonably well against even battlecruisers or carriers.

The phoenix does not need to be super effective against battlecruisers, because the protoss already have a very powerful anti-capital ship ship, the warp ray, the phoenix doesn't need to be more effective than the scout or corsair in this role as it's job is to take on masses of air units (well, it was meant to be), for a simple gameplay reason i am for keeping the anti-gravity and leaving the overload off, but giving the phoenix simple splash.

2. freedom23

freedom23 New Member

how about a splash damage upon death lol

3. 1n5an1ty

1n5an1ty Member

Reality
    The Phoenix is made for anti-light air. Due to its low damage, people really should just focus-fire on more fragile air units like terran banshee and vikings. How ever, It really dont see any air-to-ground units for protoss nor any +dmg vs light units. Thus I would like to see a modified overload ability for phoenix that just continually damages units within a certain radius, ability to attack ground units, and + dmg vs light. This still wouldnt be one-unit FTW due to its relatively low HP and low damage.

4. EonMaster

EonMaster Eeveelution Master

Black City, Unova
    That sounds almost exactly like Psi Storm, cept it doesn't need + dmg vs light as it kills most of them anyway.

or

The Nullifier's Molecular Displacement, does 10 dmg but homes in on 10 targets of the same unit, 4 of them kills 10 marines/probes/drones instantly. Not sure if it can hit air though.

5. 1n5an1ty

1n5an1ty Member

Reality
    hmmm i should have been more specific. I meant that the overload ability withh affect units within a certain radius.
    Phoenix should have +damage vs light and the ability to attack ground units cuz i really dont see any good air-to-ground units for protoss. The void ray is only good for armored and high-hp units and the capital ships are too expensive so instead of creating a new unit, blizzard should just give air-to-ground to phoenix. ( it replace scout as well as the corsair)

6. freedom23

freedom23 New Member

1 possible reason they cut off that skill is probably protoss firepower, i mean, dont you think theyve got enuff splash units in total?... lets see a breakdown..

Protoss

H.templar - psistorm
    Nullifier - molecular displacement
    Archon - psionic shockwave (attack)
    Collosus - splash beam
    Phoenix - (missiles) - im not sure if those are like the valkyries halo missiles targetting random area..

- this line up seems massive enuff for the protoss to handle mobs.. and not to mention that the mothership has some questionable abilitites too...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.