1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Overlord; Would anyone change it?

Discussion in 'Zerg' started by MrFrancko, Jun 24, 2007.

The Overlord; Would anyone change it?

Discussion in 'Zerg' started by MrFrancko, Jun 24, 2007.

1. capthavic

capthavic New Member

I guess the only I would change is that if one or more get killed and it causes you to exceed the unit cap then some of your units go wild and attack anything near them.

2. shirija

shirija New Member

Where as terran would go dormant (no ammo, no supplies) and protoss just die?

3. Lord David

Lord David New Member

Melbourne, Australian Continent, Earth, Sector 001
    What? You mean something like this?

If you are over pop limit (note enough Supply, Psi, too many Underlings) etc... then

Zerg: All units attack each other until the pop comes back down to order.
    Terran: All units stop attacking wherever they are until the pop comes down to order or you build more depots.
    Protoss: Random number of units are killed randomly based on your over the pop limit.

4. paragon

paragon Guest

That adds too much an element of randomness into it. And in terms of competitive gameplay, randomness is bad. Like those random attack damages in WC3... 60-100 damage... really? That's a big fucking difference.

5. capthavic

capthavic New Member

I dunno I'm just saying cause thats what happened when the Zerg command structure is broken.

6. shirija

shirija New Member

Because they don't want the game to be so bland that you can put it into a calculator. The randomness of attack has always been present. In real life there's always a chance that your short would slip or your swing a little off... It's entirely realistic, in fact, all damage should be between a negative number and a positive number, if the damage is >0, damage is calculated, if it is <=0, then it's a miss. That is even more realistic! In fact, I would like to see marines jam their guns once in a while.

7. [LightMare]

[LightMare] New Member

i played this game where you had like 2 hundred overlords, and i made them follow each other, then i was like, "traffic on the southbound" they always got stuck

8. paragon

paragon Guest

Oh I bet you'd just love it when your marine's guns jam and they get f**ked by zerglings and don't kill a single one. There is a big difference between realism and fun. And StarCraft is not striving for realism.

By the way, they are gauss rifles. They shoot metal rounds at supersonic speeds using powerful electromagnets in a sequence so that have are pulling and half are pushing all the way down the barrel of the gun. No doubt they have a small powerful energy source to power these electromagnets as well as more advanced wiring that is probably very thin (nano technology) so that they can get the maximum number of turns in the smallest amount of space possible. They don't jam.

They don't jam because there is no gas the muck it all up. Guns jam today because the gas from the combustion of the cartridge eventually mucks up the inside of the gun if it is not cleaned and taken care of well. For example, the M16 during Vietnam frequently jammed. This was not the fault of the actual gun. This was because some penny pusher in Washington decided that they should use a cheaper powder inside the casing of the cartridges. Therefore, when they fired the bullets, it really f**ked with the internals of the gun and got very dirt in there. Thus, jamming. M16s don't jam a lot now because they use better ammo.

You can never put the game into a calculator because of unit positioning, micro, etc... this exists in SC and will exist in SC2

9. Remy

Remy New Member

US East Coast
    M16A2s still jam a lot. At least too much for my liking. It is especially annoying when it happens to you multiple times at a qualifying range.

That's why they teach you that stupid SPORTS manuever.

And M16s are not "guns," they are "rifles" or "weapons." Guns are generally used to refer to heavy artillery like guns on battle ships or armored track vehicles. But I guess that might just be a military thing...

10. paragon

paragon Guest

Well the M16 was never a really great weapons anyways. HK G36 is a much finer weapon. FN SCAR is a much finer weapon. HK 416 is a much finer weapon. Hell, HK just about anything is a much finer weapon.

11. MrFrancko

MrFrancko New Member

Remind me never to run into Paragon in a dark alley, especially after he takes a look at a few screenshots from the game. I'd def. be hoping his M16 jammed then.

12. FrenkyV

FrenkyV New Member

What does the word Phallic mean?
    I'm non-English

13. DontHate

DontHate New Member

like... cucumber shaped? if you know what i mean :D

14. Remy

Remy New Member

US East Coast
    M16s are definitely not the greatest rifiles ever designed. They are so toy-like inside and out.

15. Becka1988

Becka1988 New Member

hahahah i like cucumber on salad ;)

16. Remy

Remy New Member

US East Coast
    You must like your salad... tossed too.

17. PrivateJoker

PrivateJoker New Member

she likes getting her salad tossed, and then, drenched with creamy ranch flavored dressing. With really big round croutons thrown on so that it tastes...crunchy...

18. paragon

paragon Guest

Yes well I think my tae kwon do training would come in more handy than my knowledge of weapons.

19. PowerkickasS

PowerkickasS New Member

i like my salad HOT psssss

20. Decna12

Decna12 Guest

thing is the zerg don't attack each other they just stay idle for the rest of the game