1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The new Overlord

Discussion in 'Zerg' started by Aurora, Mar 11, 2008.

?

Do you like the new Overlord?

1. Yes, and all of its new aditions.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Yes, but not the Overseer upgrade.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Yes, but not its new abilities.

100.0%
  4. Yes, but it should get its old ability to transport back again.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. No, all of it is crappy.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%

The new Overlord

Discussion in 'Zerg' started by Aurora, Mar 11, 2008.

1. Sueco

Sueco New Member

I for one turned on the idea of the overlord as some kind of infestor... would allow the Zerg mechanic of infestation to really affect gameplay in a fundamental way rather than being this neat trick you can do.

Perhaps not properly infesting like the old ICC, but spilling creep all over an enemy building so that it can't produce. An attack could include a large number of overlords that could shut down enemy production as long as they get to stay stationarily over said building. That should not include defense cannons though.

So.. you would risk your supply units but may be able to shut down his production... seems like a fair trade to me.. specially since then aren't transporters any more, they seem to be more and more a unit that you hide in the corner of the map. Would have to be properly balanced ofc, put in t2-t3 an so on... but it would be cool if Zerg could actually get to infest something for once.

The infestor seems more and more to become a regular caster with no exciting abilities. It actually doesn't "infest" anything anymore as those terrans are spawned from eggs... I motion to change its name since it doesn't do any infesting anyways.