1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The New Lurker!

Discussion in 'Zerg' started by Prodigal, Mar 10, 2008.

The New Lurker!

Discussion in 'Zerg' started by Prodigal, Mar 10, 2008.

1. Gforce

Gforce New Member

they are talking about the tiers of buildings and units. They are some units that come in-between tiers.

2. furrer

furrer New Member

Denmark
    gtx75 if you mean this. Here i just said that starcraft2 shouldnt be like Starcraft 1.

3. ItzaHexGor

ItzaHexGor Active Member

Sydney, Australia
    Furrer, I hope you didn't copy and paste from that site where you got all of that tier information from, otherwise we might have some problems. Enough problems have been created through typos, etc, already.

4. Mattbaumann777

Mattbaumann777 New Member

Is it confirmed that the new lurker isn't invisible when burrowed?

5. ItzaHexGor

ItzaHexGor Active Member

Sydney, Australia
    Yes it is. In fact, I was never aware that it was ever unconfirmed.

6. overmind

overmind Active Member

New Zealand
    Where are you getting that it isn't invisible while burrowed from? It's the same as starcraft, only visible to the owner unless i've missed something major.

7. Mattbaumann777

I haven't seen anything official, I just heard stuff about it on the message board. A visible lurker would be sort of like a visible dark templar. It forces the player to build and use detectors properly if there are cloaked units.

8. necromas

necromas New Member

Minneapolis, MN
    There was some quote posted about lurkers burrowing shallower than other units. I figured if it had an effect on gameplay it would mean that an enemy could see some change in how the ground looks to be able to tell a lurker is there, but wouldn't be able to target it. This would basically get rid of the tactic of having your lurkers refrain from attacking (and revealing themselves) until the enemy army was right on top of them, and then launching a devastating surprise attack killing everything in a couple attack cycles before they could do something like comsat or retreat.

9. Mattbaumann777

I can see that being an issue with the hold fire command. But even with that, the zerg player has to use strategy in turning that command off and on. Eg. You might forget you put "hold fire" on and the enemy walks right by you on the map. I personally think a lurker trap would be a fun idea for SC2, the same way dark templars can get right next to you before they attack.

10. necromas

necromas New Member

Minneapolis, MN
    In starcraft 1 at least to get the lurkers to not attack you had to use a glitch where if you tell it to attack a building out of range it will just freeze up and do nothing until given a new order. Well, I suppose you could also constantly mash the stop command.

I can just imagine if you could hold fire on spider mines, so many friendly fire incidents would be avoided, and they would be so much more dangerous in large mine fields.