1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The New Lurker!

Discussion in 'Zerg' started by Prodigal, Mar 10, 2008.

The New Lurker!

Discussion in 'Zerg' started by Prodigal, Mar 10, 2008.

1. zeratul11

zeratul11 New Member

they should make the lurker bigger and have a very different look. zerg IMO still needs huge monstrousity units. and all are old ones making a come back. i expected more from them. =\

giant turltes that can spawn units on the go? giant centipede like units? new giant flying hive like unit? and so on. oh please not the guardians again. xp

2. johnnyxp64

johnnyxp64 New Member

totally agree the LURKER MUST CHANGE!
    this look its just pathetic and look to much like the roach!
    the original lurker had much better disign!

this is great and come from hydrilisk
    [img width=326 height=226]http://homepage.mac.com/cheethorne/Starcraft/images/lurker.jpg[/img]

this is owfull and comes from cat-tiger- starwars 2 beast.
    [img width=326 height=226]http://images.wikia.com/starcraft/images/8/80/Lurkeruf4.jpg[/img]
    [img width=250 height=134]http://images1.wikia.nocookie.net/starwars/images/thumb/5/55/Nexu2.jpg/250px-Nexu2.jpg[/img]

and thats How it Should be!!
    [img width=326 height=226]http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/starcraft/images/thumb/1/10/SC_Ghost_Lurker.jpg/750px-SC_Ghost_Lurker.jpg[/img]

3. ItzaHexGor

ItzaHexGor Active Member

Sydney, Australia
    Zerg are swarmers. They don't consist of lots of large units, they consist of millions of small units. Sure, there are exceptions, mainly the Ultralisk, but as a whole, each unit is generally on the smaller size. The reason for this is that they're a super-organism, like an ant colony or beehive, which never contain too many larger creature. For the Zerg, obviously the Queen is an exception, but apart from her there is, and only should be, one other large unit. The other unit sizes are fine as they are.
    @ johnnyxp64. I'd prefer the new one. Look at the legs and such of the concept art. They look all blunt and spindly and are all centralised towards the back. The head and back look too much like the Hydralisk. It's supposed to be a Lurker, not a Hydralisk. Apart from the head, which wouldn't fit in with the new Zerg theme, the rest of it looks horrible.

4. Wlck742

Wlck742 New Member

In your head
    Okay, if you people are still saying Lurkers should look like Hydras because they evolved from them, look at this:

[img width=500 height=290]http://srs.dl.ac.uk/Annual_Reports/AnRep01_02/anthrax-bacteria.jpg[/img]

That's what we were before. And here we are now:

[img width=500 height=182]http://hydrodictyon.eeb.uconn.edu/courses/EEB210/evolution.jpg[/img]

Yes, I'm referring to the naked man on the computer.

5. johnnyxp64

johnnyxp64 New Member

@Wlck742 this evolution come after 4Billion years, not 4 years in Starcraft2!
    and also we dont say to change it just too look more hydralink, more important is that this sh**T its very very horrible and looks like the roach you can spot it during gameplay!

hey how did you know that i was naked infront of my computer? :p ;D

@ItzaHexGor if i understant right, sorry i found it very un Zerg unit!

on the other hand the new Hydralisk, Ultralisk, and the Corruptor are AMAZING!

6. Wlck742

Wlck742 New Member

In your head
    And yet the Zerg can evolve a Drone into a giant quivering building in minutes. In real life something like that would take millions, if not billions of years. Zerg have a MUCH faster rate of evolution than any other organism, it's that simple. They would have no problems getting something that looked like a spider/crab from something that resembled a snake.

7. johnnyxp64

johnnyxp64 New Member

your point of view sounds ok, but gameplay time doesnt represent earth time.
    nevertheless i dont like the render its terrible in my opinion they could have come with much better spider style art!

dont you find Starcraft Ghost's Lurker more spidy and better art?

8. ItzaHexGor

ItzaHexGor Active Member

Sydney, Australia
    It already is a spider. The thing at the back is a leg, not a tail.
    The Star Wars creature doesn't look that much like the Lurker, the only thing they've really got in common is the broad head.
    I didn't like the StarCraft:Ghost Lurker either. It looks much to thin, fragile and spindly. The StarCraft2 one looks much more sturdy and robust.

9. Meee

Meee New Member

Poland
    I wouldn't mind if the new lurker's legs where thinner on joints (where it connects with claws)
    And I definately prefer the hydra-like head. The old one that is, not the large crest

10. ItzaHexGor

ItzaHexGor Active Member

Sydney, Australia
    The old crest looks as though it's actually longer than the new one, it's just that the new crest is much broader.

11. WuHT

WuHT New Member

Hmm i'd like to see the front end of the upper carapace taper off to the head of the lurker .. similar to the old hydralisk <--- the current broad carapace can only be described as crab-like at best, and at worse it's a big swollen head. The rest of the body ..especially the 5 claw legs definately has a prehistoric alien feel to it, while the big carapace looks like it's a mutant.

-- Hopefully there is an animation for lurkers (at least they should face their targets) when firing from burrowed stage (visible only to controlled players)... the only problem is how does lurker burrowed stacking look now ?

12. johnnyxp64

johnnyxp64 New Member

i am saying it look similar to head ofcaurse not the tale guys!
    and thats enough to make it look terrible! this is not a lurker this is FAT FLY with Spidy Legs :p

if the doubled the fat of ghosts lurker ...hmmm than would be really nice :D

13. Overling

Overling New Member

I liked this one. I don't see any cat-tiger in it. To me it looks like some egyptian insectoid beast.

14. furrer

furrer New Member

Denmark
    Yeah, its pretty OK for me too, perhaps its just a big for fatty, else its great.

15. Overling

Overling New Member

Another thing that caught my attention: since Lurker seems to be in a high Tier, why not give it the ability to climb obstacles? Make it so it needs Hive, and then allow it to go up and down just like the Colossus. It would fit its role perfectly, and I don't see why it would be OP, when you already need detection to hit it when it is in attack position. To say the least, would make it more unique than Jackal's 'line of fire attack', compensating its slow and avoidable way of attacking.

16. Gforce

Gforce New Member

a new lurker design would be niec.

17. Psionicz

Psionicz New Member

Under Your Bed
    Doesn't this Star Wars creature look so Zerg?

[img width=500 height=351]http://images.wikia.com/starwars/images/b/b7/Acklay_NEGAS.jpg[/img]
    [img width=440 height=210]http://www.starwars.com/databank/creature/acklay/img/eu_bg.jpg[/img]

Even has the head crest along with imposing claws and teeth.

thats how I always pictured the Lurker being similar to that.

18. AcE_01

AcE_01 Active Member

Australia
    ^
    i think the art concept of the lurker will look similar to that. but change the gameplay art abit.

19. CannonFodder

CannonFodder New Member

Somewhere near you
    the lurker in its current form is way too big to burrow into the ground with any reasonable speed. It should be more snake like, and streamline for faster burrowing. Also I really don't like the attack animation, while I think BLIZZARD will probably change it, right now the attack look horrible. I also like the idea of a terrain traversing Lurker that could climb up and down cliffs/walls.
    That being said most of the other units look GREAT, except the roach which looks like a warped lurker.

20. Hodl pu

Hodl pu New Member

Dont forget the infestor... omg what a horrible model. Anyways! Lurkers need a new model, it's head look like a Kabutops and yeah.. i just plain don't like it. They should return it back to the original model in the cinematics.