1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The New Firebat

Discussion in 'Terran' started by -LT-, Nov 18, 2007.

?

Do you like it?

1. Yes! The Changes are Great!

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. It's OK.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. No. Firebats from the Factory is Awkward.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. No. I hate the Model.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. No. I don't like it at all.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. I don't want the Firebat in the game at all.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%

The New Firebat

Discussion in 'Terran' started by -LT-, Nov 18, 2007.

1. BirdofPrey

BirdofPrey New Member

Arizona
    I like the new model but the factory thing might make the firebat less useful by making it come later. It is best against zealots and zerglings which are tier 1 units so a tier 2 counter is bad.

I think the way they are taking a barracks unit to fill in a factory unit moved to fill in a starport unit is just a little too awkward

2. Overling

Overling New Member

I still have a feeling that they're making ground units tougher this time around, and getting air will be about getting mobility. If this was true, then anti-ground would be more valued, and Firebat would have a secure role throughout the game. However, if they give air units powerful guns, melee units and Firebat won't have that much space in late games, going against Blizzard's outspoken wishes.

By making anti-air units more effective, ground "stuck" units will become more important also, and even if the Firebat comes later in the game, it will still be very handy.

3. ekulio

ekulio New Member

Aaah how come I didn't notice that?

My only other demand is that the Firebat must smoke inside his helmet. Otherwise I might hurt people.

4. Quanta

Quanta New Member

I really don't want the firebat back in the game especially if it comes at the cost of the Viking moving the the Starport and the Valkary having no replacement. Maybe it would be useful against the Zerg but if it comes at such a high price I don't want it. If it can be in the game with the Viking back in the factory and a Valkary replacement in the Starport I would be ok with it. Maybe with a new ability it would be acceptable or if it is really good at countering zerg. However, I really am skeptical of a Tier 2 melee unit. Especially one that cannot shoot air.

5. Overling

Overling New Member

Make it come from a building that substitutes the Merc haven.. Something like a Foundry, or whatever that could in theory be a half-way to Special Ops. and suitable for making a Firebat. Something linked to equipment. Ghost's nukes should really be kept for later, so there should be another building as a requirement for Special Ops. and it would be nice to see the Firebat as a reinforcement should you decide to not get the Factory and go for the Special Ops branch of the Tech-tree.

What if Engineering-bay moves to become a prerequisite for Firebat? Or bringing back the Academy?

6. Indigent

Indigent New Member

I like the new firebat. If they could fit into drop pods I would not need a nuke lol. And in the picture, how would you be able to tell that the firebat is orange? It is wearing a red mechanicle suit armor thingy shooting out fire. Unless of course the color changes depending on what team it is in lol. That is what zealots do now except they can't retract their phy blades...
    And of course I still smoke in my helmet.

7. Rex

Rex New Member

The Firebat is big but for those of you who DON'T WANT THE FIREBAT BACK well remember the old saying Hot knife + Butter and who wins Firebats + Zerglings or Firebats + Zealots, well I think they put the Firebat back in becuz if an enemy attks early with Zerglings or Zealots you can counter better It was a basic thing Firebats cut through shields and fire is more effective on Zerg, but the size is way too big looks like a blockade, and Firebats coming from the factory is just plain weird its infantry, just becuz it has heavy armor like a Goliath or something doesn't mean it goes in the factory, the factory is meant for units that drive vehicles (Ground based). Heres something to think about every race has similar things Melee/Close range: Zergling, Zealots, Firebat, Ranged: Hydra, Rine, Goon

8. Indigent

Indigent New Member

That doesn't sound very accurate to me... If I wore full body armor with a huge gun, I could take on a giant Mechanical shell of a preliving alien far greater then I in intelligence and obedience?

9. Unentschieden

Unentschieden New Member

The Firebat returned on Fan demand, Karune mentioned it as one Poster asked if any suggestions are taken for SC2.

10. cohnee

cohnee New Member

I like having the Firebat back as a new heavy infantry unit, but if it is going to be the basic factory unit (which I don't have a problem with) it's needs to look more like a mechanical walker, rather than a big bloke in a big suit.

Something in between where it is now and the old Goliath. Make it into an proper Assault unit.

I do see lots of uses for the new Firebat. Close in protection for the Thor and Siege Tank. Tackling Zealots, Dark Templar, and of course, Zerg Melee units.

I'm not fussed about lack of anti-air. The Terrans always had effective AA early on with the Marines.

11. Hunter

Hunter New Member

Hungary,Székesfehérvár
    Well the Firebat doesn't need to look more mechanic I think, the size of the meele armour, and its heavy weapon is enough to treat it as the early game assault unit.
    The only problem I have with placing it in the factory, is that I will miss the 4 units from the Barrack's selection menu..

12. kuvasz

kuvasz Corrections Officer

Hungary
    No you won't. Marine, Reaper, Ghost, Medic. See? :)

13. Hunter

Hunter New Member

Hungary,Székesfehérvár
    Well well, I had a rough day with a math test:D Now I know why will it be totally wrong..

I forgot to count the reaper, if you really train it in the Barracks

14. Overling

Overling New Member

Hey, I got an idea: if Firebat's damage isn't instant. Like, it decreases HP for the flame's duration, but not all at once.

Suppose that, if it lasts 1.5 seconds and does 15 damage, it does 1 damage per 0.1 seconds for each attack. This could be a good way to overcome the Immortal shield, as its flame wouldn't do a huge damage all in one, but over time. How about it?

15. Gasmaskguy

Gasmaskguy New Member

Sweden
    Sounds good! Blizzard said that the Firebat attack is like the SC1 attack just now, but that they are trying out a similar sweeping attack and damage system to the one colossus has. So it might happen! :p

16. Indigent

Indigent New Member

Nooo!! Don't send me back! They put you in a little box in a dark room with the science vessel! All he says is excellent!

I want the firebat's fire to be channeled.. :D

17. -LT-

-LT- New Member

Hahaha That's funny, Indigent. :D

18. 10-Neon

10-Neon New Member

Gainesville, FL
    I am seeing the new Firebat as sort of a role-shifted Goliath. It seems to have been "promoted" to take the place of the Viking, which itself was "promoted."

19. ekulio

ekulio New Member

I don't think so, I think Viking and Firebat serve two different roles.

I would like to see the DOT attack for the firebat, however you could say the firebat can't shoot constantly or it would overheat (like the covenant assault rifle in Halo). That would help balance.

20. Thalion

Thalion New Member

I want Firebat able to set buildings in flames!