1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Marine Shield

Discussion in 'Terran' started by Singuris, May 23, 2007.

?

Do u think the marine shield looks cool or crappy?

1. i like it

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. i think it sux

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

The Marine Shield

Discussion in 'Terran' started by Singuris, May 23, 2007.

1. kehmdaddy

kehmdaddy New Member

Different badges would be cool, they could even have each different team color have its own symbol. If they keep the bayonets, I hope they're actually functional, because getting bayonets for a health increase doesn't make a lick of sense to me.

2. Dreadnought

Dreadnought New Member

Maybe they dont increase health. maybe thats part of the range or damage upgrade.

3. [LightMare]

[LightMare] New Member

marine shields pwn, there is no debate on this in my op[inion, so all you non-believers, take your sorry butts home!

4. Space Pirate Rojo

Space Pirate Rojo New Member

Canada, eh?
    For the shell upgrade from the Academy that should give the Marines bayonets. I know they're not related but it would be a cool idea.

5. [LightMare]

[LightMare] New Member

the marine image is so taking. i just love terran too much

6. Hadean

Hadean New Member

Hamilton, Ontario
    yeah I dont get how you guys think a bayonett increases range. If anything it'll ruin range due to accuracy because it puts more weight on the gun.

It probably comes standard with the shield for logical reasons. Whats the point in having something that can defend against melee attacks but has no means of striking back at it's attackers. Whether or not the marine can actually attack melee doesnt matter, it's the in-perspective thinking.

7. silky2007

silky2007 New Member

So the marine shield and knife are upgrades ... for hitpoints the shield ... they can give them some genetic implants ... or something like that ... like in warhammer ... and a wapon upgrade for the normal dmg ... but the shield ... in the starcraft univers ... is not well seen ... this is not a FOOTMAN FROM WARCRAFT IN SPACE ::(( get real guys

8. burkid

burkid New Member

im thinking the bayonet will just increase damage done to units in melee range.

9. LimaBeanMage

LimaBeanMage New Member

The actual use of a shield on the battlefield in the starcraft universe is not really debatable. It just comes down whether you like how it looks. After all, the shield is just an excuse to add an amount of health which can be done by a plethora of other means.

10. silky2007

silky2007 New Member

and the bayonet ... MARINES were not concived for CLOSE COMBAT SITUATIONS ... because the lack of mobility ... because that BIG exoskeleton armor ... SO ... that's why we have FIREBATS ... perfect for close encouters with both zerg and protoss !!!

Merged posts. Please read the forum rules and do not double post.

the MARINES look simply awsome ... without the SHIELD and BAYONET ... best concieved unit untill now ... the zealot needs more work ... for the basic units I mean ...

Merged posts. Please read the forum rules and do not triple post.

MARINES ROCK ... I hope they open the TERRAN section faster  !!!

11. burkid

burkid New Member

stop double... triple posting

12. silky2007

silky2007 New Member

sorry ... it's late her in ROMANIA ... it 3 o'clock ... and i'm trying to post a little faster so i can go to bed :p

13. starcraft2

starcraft2 New Member

marines dont need sheilds, i dont think blizz need to change up the marines alot they look perfectly fine, the shield looks more "warcraftish" like one of those dwarfs or somethin watever thier called, like peopel said "this is not warcraft in space"

14. Singuris

Singuris New Member

Milwaukee
    A few things to add-

If you look closely in some pictures the shields have no emblem mainly on non red player color marines( In new screenshots)
    Also in this picturehttp://www.starcraft2.com/images/screenshots/ss8-hires.jpg It looks like the marines in the front are crouching or are hunched over also it is clearly shoulder mounted so the marines are capable of using TWO HANDS. FYI reapers in top right and left corners look tight.

I still oppose the shield idea but it is growing on me.

15. GuiMontag

GuiMontag New Member

hmm, not sure about the crouching. I think the sheilds without emblems look fine
    it looks like the sheild can be repositioned aswell

16. kehmdaddy

kehmdaddy New Member

Although I think they should change the look of a marine in a different way for this health upgrade, which should be very useful and powerful, I am starting to accept the shield... let's just not have a defend ability as well 8)
    And let's get rid of that bayonet... thats a :no:

17. Dreadnought

Dreadnought New Member

Bayonet FTW
    *STAB* Zergling dies.
    Im sure the terrans can make sharp strong bayonets to do this 8)
    The terran shields make perfect sense. They look like they can be mass produced, cost very little, and make them look like riot police (somebody else mentioned this) Shield + Bayonets FTW
    Gosh terrans are turning out to be just like warhammer 40k but thats ok cuz 40k ROX!
    http://us.games-workshop.com/games/40k/witchhunters/catalog/seraphim.htm

18. Singuris

Singuris New Member

Milwaukee
    YES 40k for the WIN

19. Heretic666)GC(

Heretic666)GC( New Member

Newfoundland
    Now only if Zerg would turn into 40k. I'm a Tyranid player and they seem a lot like the Zerg already, except Zerg don't have cool psychic powers.
    Tyranid Hormagaunt = Zergling http://uk.games-workshop.com/tyranids/miniature-gallery/6/
    Tyranid Ravener = Hydralisk http://uk.games-workshop.com/tyranids/miniature-gallery/9/
    Tyranid Carnifex = Ultralisk http://uk.games-workshop.com/tyranids/miniature-gallery/11/
    Tyranid Zoanthrope = Devourer http://uk.games-workshop.com/tyranids/miniature-gallery/12/
    Tyranid Gargoyle = Mutalisk http://uk.games-workshop.com/tyranids/miniature-gallery/10/

You can see similarities between them. Both are Insect/Reptile races that rely on swarm tactics. Now that I think about it, The Protoss seems a lot like the Eldar race.

But back on topic, The marine shield looks cool. Sure it is leaning more towards 40k, but 40k is good too.

20. [LightMare]

[LightMare] New Member

them marine shields adds awesomeness. and if you don't like it, i'll own you with shielded marines in a game because they are much stronger

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.