1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Marine Shield

Discussion in 'Terran' started by Singuris, May 23, 2007.

?

Do u think the marine shield looks cool or crappy?

1. i like it

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. i think it sux

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

The Marine Shield

Discussion in 'Terran' started by Singuris, May 23, 2007.

1. FlyingTiger

FlyingTiger New Member

CT
    The more I see the shield though, the more I like it. I dunno. Ever since they said the shield/bayonet is an HP upgrade, I just started to like the shield. Looks kinda cool when you really think about it, and it makes some sense since a shield it suppose to "block" (hence more HP, I should say withstand) some attack.

lol they don't have unlimited convicts though and they are human too that can go up in rank. You know more experience, the better. Army needs experience. That's why the US lost Vietnam cause we kept on replacing our more experienced troops (those who likely leave after a year) with troops that just went through basic training and have no clue about the terrain and ugly traps and tactics the north had.

2. Nikzad

Nikzad New Member

that and the fact that we jumped in without really knowing what we were doing and neglected to realized the strategic advantages the VietCong had in their knowledge of the terrain and environment

I still say that they should just get an upgrade called "Titanium Plating" or something at the Academy or its SC2 equivalent and give the upgraded marines a big white "X" on their chests or white rings on their forearms or biceps or give some sort of visual cue once they are stronger

PS - I like how every time this thread dies down, someone new joins and posts "it suckx" or "itz g4yz0rz" and it gets defibrillated

3. [LightMare]

[LightMare] New Member

DOUBLE HIGH FIVE! LAWLZ WE PWNED THAT DOODE SO MUCH, much?

4. Ghost

Ghost New Member

Ok...

I dont like the shields looks but as it gives HP I like it, now its a matter of how much hp. If it gives like +10 im not getting the bloody shield.

5. burkid

burkid New Member

it will probably be about 20 hp

6. Ghost

Ghost New Member

how do people feel about 110 bonus hp xD Joking. It'll prolly make em like hydras, I hope.

7. FlyingTiger

FlyingTiger New Member

CT
    i think its worth the upgrade... i mean if it costs 200 minerals to upgrade ALL marines with +10 hp, then its worth it.

Imagine, 12 marines with 40 hp = 480 Total HP and compare it to 12 marines with 50 hp = 600 HP... thats 120 HP difference or 25%. They will last about 25% more doing 25% more damage or even more if microing right.

A marine with 10 HP left always beats a dead marine, eh? ^_^

Soooo worth it hehe

EDIT: I personally think its gonna be 10 HP. I mean hydras are not the basic unit of the zerg... its the zerglings. So having the marines as powerful as the hydras would be unbalanced and unfair. Cause really the terran equivalent of a hydra is two marines.

8. Ghost

Ghost New Member

Aww, make it 20 =(

9. concreteasflesh

concreteasflesh New Member

what if the upgrade would give the marine a 15HP upgrade and +1 to armor, being the marine has no basic armor level. it would make it much more durible and useable even in late game. and if medics come back then the M&M strat will blow all you Immortal and Stalker worshipers out to the starrrzzzz. . . .but ye just a thought..

10. Ghost

Ghost New Member

I like the 15 hp 1 armor idea.

With the +1 armor it could even be +10 hp.

11. Nikzad

Nikzad New Member

ummmm whats the word i'm looking for.....hmmmmmm.....

oh yeah, i got it!

IMBA

12. Space Pirate Rojo

Space Pirate Rojo New Member

Canada, eh?
    As long as they last a bit longer, I'm a happy Terran.

It wouldn't be imbalanced if that's what IMBA stands for. The Marines are the first combat unit of the Terran.
    Zealots can be damn strong when upgraded.
    Zerglings become Cracklings with Speed and Attack boost along with Carapace and Melee upgrades.
    Marines have Stimpacks and a Range upgrade. Stim is okay. Range is great. They still get torn apart by the other race's base combat unit.

13. Nikzad

Nikzad New Member

Yeah but thats only if its a battle between ONLY upgraded zealots, zerglings, and marines in the later stages of the game

by the time everyone is upgraded, they should be using a better mix of units, and with that, Terran already have frigging awesome units to backup the marines they are using at that time

in other words,
    marines + tanks + goliaths + etc etc etc = balanced
    (marines + 15 hp + 1 armor) + tanks + goliaths + etc etc etc = imbalanced

14. Space Pirate Rojo

Space Pirate Rojo New Member

Canada, eh?
    Starcraft is all about countering and when I go Marine, Tanks, and Goliaths I don't add anything else besides a Science Vessel or two for abilities and detecting.
    I still win. But there's still a way to kill my army because Starcraft is a game of countering.

15. overmind

overmind Active Member

New Zealand
    being as strong as hydra would be stupid hydras are suposed to strike fear in the heart of every enemy

16. Hadean

Hadean New Member

Hamilton, Ontario
    Yeah but Hydras En Masse would lose to Marines En Masse because of the speed of attack and the fact that Hydras did either 1/2 damage or 3/4 damage to marines, so I never really found Hydra's to be that deadly or fear inspiring.

17. L0ck and L04d

L0ck and L04d New Member

ok then picture a huge colosal beast, standing 10 feet up, with two 3 foot long sci's, drool oosing from its mouth and a chest with a cavity that can open up and fire razor sharp acid needles at you and rip you to shreads in seconds!

Can't say that about a marine, zealot, firebat or draggon can you?

18. Ghost

Ghost New Member

Show no fear, hydras are nothing but overgrown lizards to the right players. Its easy to end a GIANT hydra attack with 1 pylon, 1 shield battry, 2 reavers.

And to Lockandload, Ive asked myself this question b4, i would fear a zealot much more due to the fact that it moves faster, its stronger, has a shield, mental powers and psi blades that can cut through virtualy anything.

19. kehmdaddy

kehmdaddy New Member

I don't think you can compare story/lore to gameplay by saying "This unit can't be stronger than that because that one's scarier." But, it would be dumb to make marines stronger than hydralisks just because of gameplay. I'm liking the way +10 HP/+1 Armor sounds though.

20. Dreadnought

Dreadnought New Member

The marine shield is soo cool. They just need to put a better symbol on it. Would be cool if you could select your faction like EUD or Confederates so u could have different badges :)
    Also the bayonets make perfect sense since there are many melee units in starcraft.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.