1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Marauder

Discussion in 'Terran' started by Seradin, Jan 25, 2008.

The Marauder

Discussion in 'Terran' started by Seradin, Jan 25, 2008.

1. ShdwyTemplar

ShdwyTemplar New Member

Tacoma, Washington
    [img width=123 height=91]http://s213.photobucket.com/albums/cc103/ShdwyTemplar/th_Marauder4.jpg[/img]
    Although it is not the best quality this one I just found shows the projectile of the Terran Marauder.
    I'll post a higher quality one in a few minutes.

2. ekulio

ekulio New Member

Hmmm...it's just the firebat with a new paint job.

Sucks. I really loved the new firebat.

3. AcE_01

AcE_01 Active Member

Australia
    i actually love the marauder. looks awesome!
    i think that big backpack constructs the "grenades" that the marauder fires. That special backpack build these "special grenades" to slow the units down.
    that is one reason i believe it should be in the factory. the factory needs to construct those backpacks and the heavy bodysuits.

4. ShoGun

ShoGun Guest

I can't even remember what the sc2 firebat looked like. Will someone be kind enough to post both a pic of the maurader and a pic of the firebat together for easy comparison?

5. ShdwyTemplar

ShdwyTemplar New Member

Tacoma, Washington
    [img width=157 height=113]http://i213.photobucket.com/albums/cc103/ShdwyTemplar/Firebat1.jpg[/img]
    SC2 Firebat
    [img width=82 height=88]http://i213.photobucket.com/albums/cc103/ShdwyTemplar/Marauder2-1.jpg?t=1204939286[/img]
    SC2 Marauder

I know a solution! Make the Firebat the unit that actually comes out of the Barracks(decrease its size a bit), but make it so they can upgrade it to a Marauder! Option ahoy! Also since this is the first iteration of the Marauder we have seen i hope it loses a bit of bulk and gets +gritt.

6. ShoGun

ShoGun Guest

Hey thank you. I like the maurader's color scheme a lot more, and I don't think that is such a good idear -_^

7. ShdwyTemplar

ShdwyTemplar New Member

Tacoma, Washington
    I do like it as well, it just seems to have lost a bit of gritt touch to it that they just added to the Marine. It took a step back to the Toy SC2. Still, it doesn't really surprise me as they supplied real gritt to the Marines most likely as they wouldn't be taking Marines out anytime soon.

8. zeratul11

zeratul11 New Member

LOVE the marauder. its a large powered suit. mech like. its great.

just like the mech soldiers they have in animatrix. i think the maruaders most likely have the same size to it.

and NO i dont want them infantry size.

9. Psionicz

Psionicz New Member

Under Your Bed
    It couldn't be a firebat anyway, technically it would locomote too slow for it to effectiently engage a unit such as a Zealot which would actually tear a Firebat to shreads.

Also Barracks build the big Marine suits so they can obvioulsy build Marauder suits.

10. zeratul11

zeratul11 New Member

yes but i think the marauder is a semi mech powersui armor. the guy inside only fits the upper part of the maruder. i think the whole feel and 80% of the marauders arm are controled much like a mech with cockpit.

11. ItzaHexGor

ItzaHexGor Active Member

Sydney, Australia
    It's in a suit of armour, like the Marines or Medics, not a mech, like the Viking or Goliath. There isn't a cockpit or anything.
    They're not actually amazingly big, comparing them to Marines, they're big, but not oversized. Mainly, they're bulky, which they'd to be because of the two grenade launchers and large pack. As a result, everything else would need to be bulked to support them. I don't get what's so weird about the large packs, they'd either need to store all the grenades, or produce them.
    I like the colour scheme a lot. Terran were never meant to be stylish and flashy, and I doubt any time would be wasted trying to make them look as though they are.

12. Prodigal

Prodigal New Member

I like the Marauder, it just really does appear to be a "large SCV" in a combat equiped suit. I'd like it to be more differentiated from both the SCV and the Viking. ;)

13. zeratul11

zeratul11 New Member

yes but their power suit is so BIG that you can consider it to be mech like. im think the human body is 6x smaller than the maruader suit, i think the soldier's height inside is like only half of the marauders height.. and the marines power suit are like 3x increase the size(not height) of a human. check out tychus.

14. ced

ced New Member

Canada
    I Agree!

Love it... just to big. Look at the middle left side of Screen shot D (to the left of the red square in the pic i've added bellow). The marauder is standing behind/above a marine and all you can see is the marine's head and the gun peaking out. It's like some kind of bear attack (or prison shower sex).

[img width=359 height=388]http://i27.tinypic.com/jae7hi.jpg[/img]
    I stole the pic from anothe thread. Ignore the red square.

15. zeratul11

zeratul11 New Member

nah. why make it small? just imagine it in real life, the bigger the better.

16. ItzaHexGor

ItzaHexGor Active Member

Sydney, Australia
    It's not actually that big though, it's just beefy. It's got huge fists because of the grenade launchers, bulky arms to support the fists, a large pack and sturdier legs. The size, by which I mean the head-height, doesn't look that much different to that of a Marine. The Marauder just looks taller because its head is in a lower position relative to the shoulders, etc.

17. Psionicz

Psionicz New Member

Under Your Bed
    The Marauder is almost the same height at the Marine people. Its just the big arms gives it a towering look.

Lol @ Prision shower sex on the battlefield

18. AcE_01

AcE_01 Active Member

Australia
    man, im just worried of how it will walk. hope it doesnt look like a dope when its walking...lol

19. ItzaHexGor

ItzaHexGor Active Member

Sydney, Australia
    I also hope that the arms move naturally, and not like the StarCraft1 Firebats, who just seems to have an 'up' position or a 'down' position.

20. AcE_01

AcE_01 Active Member

Australia
    yeah i rkn eh?

when the marauder is not firing its arms are down. i hope its arms will be moving freely when walking. but, since he's in his uber armour it looks hard for him to move his arms freely and smoothy.