1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Marauder

Discussion in 'Terran' started by Seradin, Jan 25, 2008.

The Marauder

Discussion in 'Terran' started by Seradin, Jan 25, 2008.

1. Ensomgrav

Ensomgrav New Member

I see the marauder either as a heavily armored trooper with a fast rate of fire, they should be quick on their feet for short bursts, but otherwise a little slower then your average marine. Whether they get launch grenades or not, I honestly don't care, as long as a few of them can turn a pack of zerglings into several stacks of canned shredded zergling. yum yum

2. DKutrovsky

DKutrovsky New Member

how about a slow moving on the run shooting unit.

Like, he runs backwards and shoots at the same time, but not very fast so melee units can still hit him, but he takes less damage because of the time gap between moving and and actually hitting you know?

So that way he can give chase and kill melee units

3. furrer

furrer New Member

Denmark
    I would like something fast, that still owns meele with splash!

4. AcE_01

AcE_01 Active Member

Australia
    i, for some reason..see Marauders with huge metal-like claws. clamping everything they see. i know this will not be...but, i dno! i just see them like that...rofl! =]

5. Heavyarms2050

Heavyarms2050 New Member

how bout a infantry that uses a shotgun?

6. Psionicz

Psionicz New Member

Under Your Bed
    Shotgun sounds cool, maybe that is the chance to give Terran an energy weapon for their infantry, ad shot guns work very well close range and decent mid so I think Blizzard should impliment a system where the gun shoots a burst of energy particles, this would give the unit 2 options kill 1 unit effectivly or get mid range and damage a cluster of enemy units.
    I'd love for Blizzard to do this, adds more strategies into the game also. For example:
    You have 5 of these units and the enemy has a few Zealots and he hasn't upgraded charge yet so you can play it safe and micro them at mid range doing damage to all the units since the shot can spread. But lets say the Zealot uses charge, what happens? it gets energy close up and more damage to each individual Zealot and ultimately death. Nice counter for the charge ability where it would own Marines but not these Marauders.

7. Ensomgrav

Ensomgrav New Member

Can any of you say rapid fire grenade launcher?
    It does very little damage, lets say 2, opposed to a gauss that does 6, but has good splash.
    Fast rate of fire, slow moving heavy armor. Can sprint for short amounts of time.

8. Psionicz

Psionicz New Member

Under Your Bed
    I noticed when people post, not all but a lot, never seem to acknowledge the post before hand and come out with something totally different meaning the person beforehand wasted thought and time.
    Can't you guys atleast give input on the post or say something relevent on the topic at hand concerned that post then move on to his/her idea or whatever
    [/rant]

I think that would be kinda weird having a a fast firing GRENADE launcher which does 2 splash damage, grenades are a lot more powerful than little bullets.
    Terran need something unique which isn't in the game and spawns new tactics which allows this unit to be dynamic and not an obvious type unit.
    Leading to me saying it should be an energy burst which spreads (or something similar) as it hasn't been implimented into the game, also having a weapon which spreads adds two uses, deadly close combat or a spread used for crowd control, kinda like a ground valkyrie.
    This is also a efficient way of dealing with the Zealot's powerful charge ability whereas Marines would get raped, Marauders would stand more of a chance, possible making the Protoss player to think twice about attacking you since you have Marauders.
    Then it allows play to be more personal as some players would prefer to get in close and other would rather have more of these units to deal nice spread damage stopping a huge mass of Zerglings in there place. As we all know Zerg swarms will be a lot more effective since theres no limit to how many units you can select.

9. ekulio

ekulio New Member

I don't know about an actual "shotgun" but something similar would be cool, I at least like the spread damage idea. Maybe a semi-automatic shotgun...a normal shotgun just shoots to slow for SC. Energy shotgun definately sounds cool, and I the idea of all the micro possibilities with the spread shot thing.

Hey, what if instead of a shotgun it's like a flechette launcher? You know, the shotgun's big brother. That would be some serious crowd control.

I really really doubt they'll have a terran unit with a sword or something, so if fire isn't it then I think this thing is gonna have a decent range. Maybe they just altered the firebat so much that they just decided it needed a new name?

10. DontHate

DontHate New Member

The "shotgun" idea sounds pretty neat and sounds like it can add some strategy with it. I was thinking making a cheapish unit that has fairly average health and does low damage at far range. Once it gets closer, it does more damage. It could be fairly good coupled with seige tanks and also if you're trying to push with it, you would want to charge your units in and fire close in, or you can just chose to fire from afar. I don't want it to be a shotgun though...

11. Psionicz

Psionicz New Member

Under Your Bed
    @last two posts. That was basically my idea. :]
    And my usage of the word shotgun was simply the primary type of weapon, flechette launcher sounds better and would look better than some rusty low tech shotgun thing.

12. Ensomgrav

Ensomgrav New Member

a shotgun would work , swords would be ridiculous, so they are strictly a no-go. as for my idea, they're really more like tiny explosive bullets then grenades.

13. DKutrovsky

DKutrovsky New Member

Cool, the marauder is a ranged unit with duel granade launchers ;) Slows units down, and does extra vs armored units, very neat support unit that can also be stimpacked, great vs zerg, great vs zealots, great vs stalkers and immortals, might even use it in ter ter games...

14. Gasmaskguy

Gasmaskguy New Member

Sweden
    The Marauder seems to excel at fighting biological thingies. Since it also does extra damage against armored units, I bet that it can't target air.

I find it neat that they somewhat transferred the Cobras stun to the Marauder. The Marauders grenades will most likely do AoE, but will it also slow down everything caught in the splash?

So, do we have a "new" bet DK? :D Wether or not the Marauder takes 1 or 2 supplies?

15. Psionicz

Psionicz New Member

Under Your Bed
    So its basically a Vulture in a Firebat suit with ensnare wrapped around each grenade and Stimpacks in it's pocket. Wouldn't it be logical for it to attack air also since those are the fast agile units that go anywhere.
    And I'd say it will take 2 supply.

Btw, I think my idea for the Marauder's weapon is better as grenades are boring, don't allow much tactics as would a shot gun and have been done already in sc1 :p

16. DKutrovsky

DKutrovsky New Member

We cant really tell, if they give us the HP or damage stats or cost, i can guess...

Right now it really can be both, although i would think its 1 supply :DD

17. ItzaHexGor

ItzaHexGor Active Member

Sydney, Australia
    I don't see why the Terran need another ground-support unit. Marines don't need much more support. They've already got the new shield upgrade increasing their health, they've got Vikings as Anti-Infantry support, Siege Tanks as Anti-Armored support, Medics to heal, Reapers to flank and Air-to-Ground support from Banshees. Why can't Terran be given an Anti-Air unit instead? Is there an actual reason for it?

18. DKutrovsky

DKutrovsky New Member

You dont know if the marauder will attack air or not.

19. BirdofPrey

BirdofPrey New Member

Arizona
    Grenades aren't known for their effeciveness vs flying targets

20. AcE_01

AcE_01 Active Member

Australia
    dw my friends =D

blizzard will create a new air unit....i can just feel it!!!!!1 =]

or maybe they will even bring the predator back...man i loved the predator design..it was so dam sexy LOL =]