1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Horror of the Infestor!!

Discussion in 'Zerg' started by Prodigal, Mar 10, 2008.

?

What do you think of the infester's model? (Model only)

1. Its great and origional! Keep it!

21.1%
  2. I'd prefer a new model.

57.9%
  3. I don't really care.

21.1%

The Horror of the Infestor!!

Discussion in 'Zerg' started by Prodigal, Mar 10, 2008.

1. BloodHawk

BloodHawk Member

CT, USA
    I don't like the idea of the building turning back to normal after a time period.
    I assume it's set up that way now so a small force of infestors aren't OP.

I was thinking they should have to root within a building and stay in it to allow an infestation. Or even use them like drones and sacrifice them to sortof build on top of the Barrack (or what ever) like a vespiene geyser.

Most people seem to hate the current animation as is.

2. Psionicz

Psionicz New Member

Under Your Bed
    Thats not a bad idea, since you have to suffice for its ability to move underground undetected.

3. Inside Sin

Inside Sin Active Member

Earth
    I like the idea of, using a defiler to take over the building, but, instead of it taking it over and you have to kill it to stop it, you can kill the buidling, but it wont destroy the actual building, just the defiler ontop ( infestor overwhelming it ) and it's not got much HP, so instead of fighting the unit it produces, fight it's source.

So, will a Worm just move from one side of the map to another, instead of actually controlling?

4. Psionicz

Psionicz New Member

Under Your Bed
    We know now that you can control the Worm its self.

5. CannonFodder

CannonFodder New Member

Somewhere near you
    I know this goes back a bit in this thread but VodkaChill that link you posted was of an infestor model. If you read the info on the side it said it was a fan designed infestor model which IMO looks a lot better than that fast purple sack of crap.
    Also I love the idea of infested buildings, but I think that a building should be damaged after the infestation ends. To counter this however the skill would cost at least 70% of the infestor's max mana, that way you couldn't use infestors to destroys a whole expansion.

6. VodkaChill

VodkaChill New Member

Montreal, Quebec, Canada
    Keep in mind that I am agreeing with you 100%, the model looks a lot better from the link that I posted.

This being said in some post that Blizzard posted, I read that the model of the infestor was exactly what they wanted to do whit it, '' a pig pile of smug''. Since they think that the model was exactly what they were looking for, there is but few chances that they will decide to modify the model. And I can't blame them since the current model is an ''abomination'' like the Zerg is instead of being another ''bug creature'' that already populates the Zerg ranks. They are going for new stuff. Even if they don't change it I will still buy the game and still play with the infestor and probably like them in the end.

7. CannonFodder

CannonFodder New Member

Somewhere near you
    but it looks so ugly. How can blizzard do this to the best looking race?
    However I doubt the look of one unit will many people from playing the game, just as you said vodka

8. Redlazer

Redlazer New Member

They really ought to reconsider the Infestor; the model is downright hideous. Before the Infestor came about, I always had an idea for a unit that infests buildings by growing onto them, kind of like how Drones grow into buildings. Sacrificial units for the greater good have always been typical of the Zerg, so I think it isn't that bad of an idea. Perhaps somthing all tentacle-y, that could wrap around the structure desired for infestation, or perhaps a blob like thing.. Zerg Amoeba anyone? =D

9. CannonFodder

CannonFodder New Member

Somewhere near you
    that would be cool, and would fit the zerg theme, especially if they changed the infestor model to have lots of little tentacles.