The Horror of the Infestor!!

Discussion in 'Zerg' started by Prodigal, Mar 10, 2008.

?

What do you think of the infester's model? (Model only)

1. Its great and origional! Keep it!

21.1%
  2. I'd prefer a new model.

57.9%
  3. I don't really care.

21.1%

The Horror of the Infestor!!

Discussion in 'Zerg' started by Prodigal, Mar 10, 2008.

1. ekulio

ekulio New Member

I think it's confirmed that it only damages HP.

2. Prodigal

Prodigal New Member

Can anyone cite an official non-speculative source that explains to some extent what Disease does? :good:

3. ekulio

ekulio New Member

Several people posted sources on page 5.

4. VodkaChill

VodkaChill New Member

Montreal, Quebec, Canada
    New model for Infestor? Most probably not, still does not look better than the current IMO.

OK, most probably this is fan made and nothing official, but here's what I found. I did not have time to investigate and there is a website link on that video that might have more answers about the source of this.

If anyone has time , please feel free to investigate this.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fWY6ANvJRRU

Thank you

5. Meee

Meee New Member

Poland
    Wow, it looks amazing compared to the old one. I sure would love infestor to look more like this than the old pile of pudding, this one wins hands down

6. VodkaChill

VodkaChill New Member

Montreal, Quebec, Canada
    But again, I am not even sure what it is... For all I know I can be a different game. but I doubt it, it looks to much like a Zerg and the abdomen seems to have been drawn with the same style as the baneling. The only hint I have is the the title of that video that is, ''Infestor design revised''. Apart from that it can be anything ! Help me clarify this please ???

7. Meee

Meee New Member

Poland
    It looks like it could be the new infestor, or at least fan made one. Notice the tiles under it are in the same style as units on official sc2 site. Also the multiple mouths could be taken from old infestor

8. VodkaChill

VodkaChill New Member

Montreal, Quebec, Canada
    Ok after a quick investigation the website link that is tagged on that video if for something completely different. They seem to be mass advertising that game all over gamers websites. So unless someone plays that game and can tell us if this is a creature in the game of if it is a Infestor concept that someone added that tag for unrelated advertisement....

9. ekulio

ekulio New Member

Odd. That creature looks ever so much like a starcraft 2 unit and yet the link is to some other space fighter game. I don't see how a creature like that would belong in a game where you never leave your ship. It looks so much like the new infestor, I love the way the abdomen glistens.

Maybe the guy who posted it was just being stupid and decided to throw in a plug for his website. I dunno.

Either way it's a nice find.

10. LxMike

LxMike New Member

Infestation is a great ideal , but I don't know how they gonna balance it to avoid abus ?i.e. mass and then capture everything

11. ItzaHexGor

ItzaHexGor Active Member

Sydney, Australia
    It won't be effective to mass any unit type in StarCraft2 because every unit has a weakness. If you're massing Infestors then your opponent will be able to mass a counter. Infestors may be able to sneak underground to get to the enemy's buildings, but the chances of your opponent not having any form of Detectors is extremely small, so the Infestors'd be mown down before they reach the buildings.

12. Smokiehunter

Smokiehunter New Member

I think they are more intended for fast expansions or a 4v4 you leave a few buildings behind so you can infest and have a constant stream of weak ranged units.

13. VodkaChill

VodkaChill New Member

Montreal, Quebec, Canada
    If i read right, the infestion last 10 seconds or so and then the building returns to original owner. So you got a bunch of weak guys and cut the production of that building for 10 seconds. I think it will not affect the balance too much.

14. LxMike

LxMike New Member

ah ok only for 10 sec. I thought it was a permanant infestation like in SC1

15. VodkaChill

VodkaChill New Member

Montreal, Quebec, Canada
    Keep in mind that in SC 1 you needed to bring that command center to 1/2 hp before you could infest. Now you can infest MOST buildings (as far as we know, if it's not all) while they have 100% . It would be too imbalanced if it was perm.

16. Spacechick

Spacechick New Member

10s is short,increase it a little ,like 30-35s,that will damaged the enemy production

17. VodkaChill

VodkaChill New Member

Montreal, Quebec, Canada
    10 seconds is all Zerg needs to turns the tide of the battle and provide good diversions.

18. VodkaChill

VodkaChill New Member

Montreal, Quebec, Canada
    After I watched the Zerg Video again I saw that the Infestor actually burrows more under a line of 'MARINES' goes for the barracks line and needs to turn right after the Add-On attachment of that barrack.... Wait, does that mean that you cannot move burrow under buildings?!

Sounds right for me
    1- You can't hide Infestors under building
    2- You cannot pass a walled Terran or Protoss choke even if they have detectors, since you cannot go under buildings.

From there the Infestor as less window of opportunity opened for him to sneak in a base. If a Terran sees that you have Infestor he can easily wall off with Supply Depot, and (until lately) Protoss could wall with Phase Cannons, but they cannot be moved anymore (Refer to Q&A Batch 35).

Now the only thing Infestor can Infest is undefended building in an unwalled base. And seeing how the graphical intense infestation is when taking place, it will be easy to spot and to take out the purple pile of crap before they get out of your base.

19. gusgusthegreat

gusgusthegreat New Member

It's an amazing unit and a brilliant idea but I'd like to see a more attractive rendition. Of course, it is Zerg. So as attractive as it can be, at least. :p

20. EonMaster

EonMaster Eeveelution Master

Black City, Unova
    That would make it an excellent decoy. Send a few to one side of the base and start infesting. While your opponent sends thier army to stop thier buildings from being infested, unburrow a few nydus worms on the other side of the base filled with banelings to kill those now defenceless buildings.