1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Firebat

Discussion in 'Terran' started by DKutrovsky, Jul 9, 2007.

The Firebat

Discussion in 'Terran' started by DKutrovsky, Jul 9, 2007.

1. MeisterX

MeisterX Hyperion

New Port Richey, FL
    So... if the Reaper was basically a firebat with jetpack that could raid your minerals, and could handle any kind of melee unit but sucked against range, would you think it was imba?

2. i2new@aol.com

i2new@aol.com New Member

Lol if the reaper had a firebat attack mode, they would be a little over the top. I think if they switch into firebat mode they should not be able to use the jet packs because the fuel is being used for there fire attacks while in firebat mode. That sounds fair.

3. MeisterX

MeisterX Hyperion

New Port Richey, FL
    Wow i2... you should read the whole post next time lol. I was saying that the Reaper WOULD BE a Firebat with a jetpack upgrade.

Not just an attack they switch to.

4. Nikzad

Nikzad New Member

5. grrrr...

grrrr... New Member

i dont really like reapers,,,i want my firebat back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! when it comes to killin zerglings. what works out better than a sexy firebat...burn them like chickens

6. Protosscommander

Protosscommander New Member

7. IO

IO New Member

Crix please....
    Just beacause he isn't a mod isn't any reason for him not to point that rule out.

8. BirdofPrey

BirdofPrey New Member

Arizona
    Well that statement fits you well then.

GO AWAY ACKBAR

9. venado

venado New Member

Have you a bad day? Cmon man, Protoss Commander is right... we have to help to keep this simple and clear

10. Remy

Remy New Member

US East Coast
    When you violate forum rules and someone else points it out to you, why does that make you feel the need to attack them.

Please read the forum rules if it somehow upsets you that others are pointing out violations to you. If you don't like that, don't give people a chance to do it by knowing the rules, simple as that.

11. SID

SID New Member

Oh wow... that's sweet... and make sure they explode a damaging death too!

12. Protosscommander

Protosscommander New Member

But i guess Terran fire bat is no more now in SC2 ithink :)

13. MeisterX

MeisterX Hyperion

New Port Richey, FL
    The latest news says they're being tested.....

Hopefully our suggestions will be taken to heart and it will be combined with the Reaper.

14. BloodHawk

BloodHawk Member

CT, USA
    I really dislike the reaper/bat comboed unit idea. Various reasons I wont go into (mostly stylistic).

How about leaving the bat off the list as a trained unit, but including it in those ghost drop pods? It would solve the issue of the bats not being able to close gaps to do their proper melee before getting splattered. Might make for a great harassment tool as well. Give ghost options of marine drop/bat drop/mixed drop. This could help make the drop pod skill a bit more useful/dynamic.

Lore could say Terran commanders realized bats sucked and resoc convicts are <edit>better</edit> resourced as marines. However felt it unwise to completely retrain existing bats as marines. After all, that armer is f**kin bolted/welded on.

I see lots of potential holes in my thoughts here. Just wanted to throw out a different idea on this highly debated topic. Feed the flames; if you will.

15. moobox

moobox Member

Bloodhawk that a great idea, and I like how you made the Lore to fit very nicely.

As MUCH as I would want that option for the Ghost, I can't see it coming. Wicked idea though, and I would love for it to happen!

16. MeisterX

MeisterX Hyperion

New Port Richey, FL
    If you don't combine the Reaper and Firebat in some way (only the attack would be the same) then Terran will have NO melee type splash unit, period. They're also lacking a specific anti-infantry unit that specializes in the task. A base raider would be the perfect candidate to fill this niche as well as another.

It would then become a dual-task unit instead of a specialized one. Not only does it fill a necessary gap for the Terran linuep, but it also diversifies the unit and makes it more useful in a number of situations rather than just one or two. It also perfectly solves the problem of the Firebat's previous weakness due to lack of mobility. With the jump packs they can close distances easily simply by going up a cliff and coming back down.

17. Vindicatormsc

Vindicatormsc New Member

just adding the Firebats to the game will be fine,instead of mixing them with the reapers.the idea of mixing them,i really don't like it.sounds so forced...

and besides,they had great ideas for Firebats in SC:G.they had napalm rockets there,that they could use to hit distant targets.

if they put Firebats in SC2,they should have their normal flamethrower splash attack,and the Napalm Rocket as a somewhat large AOE attack,controlled by a cooldown...

18. MeisterX

MeisterX Hyperion

New Port Richey, FL
    Why go to the trouble of creating an entirely new unit that is still going to be overly specialized when there's a perfectly good brand new unit sitting there waiting to have an upgrade to let it fill this niche.

I've discussed all this before. Check out the other threads:

Reapers

Remy's Concerns. Reaper is mentioned here

19. Heavyarms2050

Heavyarms2050 New Member

So who here likes the new firebat model?

20. DKutrovsky

DKutrovsky New Member

I like it a lot, i wouldnt mind him having a special ability though :)