1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The fate of the Ultralisk...

Discussion in 'Zerg' started by PrivateJoker, Jun 16, 2007.

The fate of the Ultralisk...

Discussion in 'Zerg' started by PrivateJoker, Jun 16, 2007.

1. Piretes

Piretes New Member

Lurkers are teh best when used correctly. I'm afraid I can't flatter myself about my Lurkerage, but some of the pro players commit genocides with those buggers..

2. paragon

paragon Guest

Multiple lurkers means a marine extermination or zergling extermination.

3. PrivateJoker

PrivateJoker New Member

*pops the cork of a bottle of champagne* Woo! Most trafficked thread in the Zerg unit forum!

;)

4. Fenix

Fenix Moderator

My idea for the Ultralisk....

Ultra-Burgers! You can make 400 from a single unit! Throw on some lettuce, tomato, grill it up with a Perdition class flamethrower, and POW. Tastes great, AND less filling.

5. Remy

Remy New Member

US East Coast
    No my brother, just no.  Lurkers are just sick.  But more importantly, they are very important and much needed to the Zerg.

I feel kinda lazy right now so let me just point out some of the important things.

Lurks are Zerg's only means of practical splash damage, this not counting mutas(which isn't splash damage) and infested terrans(which isn't practical).  But even better, lurkers themselves don't even deal true splash damage, it is actually AoE melee damage, which is tons better.

Lurks are Zerg's only means of attacking under cloak effect.  Even lurks are not true cloaked units, but without them Zerg has no cloak tech rush, or a cloak strat at all.  Meaning, there would be no direct way of taking advantage of and punishing opponents who are weak in detection capabilities.

If you combine the above two points, guess what, lurker is also the only unit in the entire game of SC that can deal splash damage while under cloak effect.  How sick is that?

Lurkers can return in SC2 unchanged, that's how good they were.

6. Space Pirate Rojo

Space Pirate Rojo New Member

Canada, eh?
    who is zarg unit? srsly

7. paragon

paragon Guest

speaking of cloaked units and the zerg, do you think the succubus (if it exists and if it is really an infested ghost) would have some sort of cloak left. After all, kerrigan can still cloak.

8. PowerkickasS

PowerkickasS New Member

actually i hate lurker's cost lol

9. UchihaItachi0129

UchihaItachi0129 New Member

T_T nooooooooooooooooo my ultralisk T_T on another note i like lurkers too ^.^

10. PrivateJoker

PrivateJoker New Member

Defilers were one of the most useful spell casters in the game! They were very underused, but devestating against players that massed bcs and Carriers. They see a defiler = instant retreat. The fact that a spell caster that was so powerful could burrow and be invisible without detectors?? Creepy! Imagine if High Templars were cloaked like DT...except their spell could do almost 500 damage in a larger area, and they had an area spell that made their ranged attackers invincible to ranged enemies. Why weren't defilers used that much by most players? ;)

11. mc2

mc2 New Member

The lurkers can be useless if used incorrectly, but it can also be deadly if used correctly, instead of the typical choke point, place them some place where it's not choked but the enemy will walk pass. and keep pressing the stop button until they walk right above your lurkers.

Back on the topic with ultralisks, they are very important if you tried to take down a terran base lined with siege tanks. Of course the best choices here are guardians and queens to take out tanks, but ultras can shield A LOT of damage from your zerglings and hydralisks, they can also take a pounding from the deadly psionic storm, so their high cost is for a reason, depends on if you know how to use it or not

12. paragon

paragon Guest

See, the fact that guardians do the job of the ultralisk better then the ultralisk does shows how useful it isn't. Plus more ultralisks will die on an attack like than than guardians will. Unless they went full air which would make your ultralisks completely unable to defend themselves.

13. stizur

stizur New Member

Wouldn't your Guardians be incapable of defending themselves as well?

Edited out quotes. Please read the forum rules and refrain from quoting unnecessarily.

14. Fenix

Fenix Moderator

Ultra's are one Zerg unit I never myself using. I mean, they're pimp as heck, but they're too big to be of any use. Strong, but just....Bulky. In the original, they were worthless. In BW, with the upgrades....They were viable, but still crappy.

Lurkers pwn. I'll be mad if they're not in it.

15. paragon

paragon Guest

Um.. not if everything is a ground target. And you should always have AA defense around as well.

16. PowerkickasS

PowerkickasS New Member

the ultralisk in sc2 should do pwnage damage ^.^

17. paragon

paragon Guest

the ultralisk in starcraft 2 should be replaced by something cooler, more useful, something that eats babies.

18. DontHate

DontHate New Member

keep the ultras buff up attack and give it an ensnare abilitie. i think that would make it quite the usefull.
    (not the queens ensnare, the raider's ensnare)
    it keeps a ground unit in place and unable to move and an air unit is turned into a ground unit and cannot move .

19. paragon

paragon Guest

so you want a tauren raider combo?

20. DontHate

DontHate New Member

sure why not?