1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The fate of the Ultralisk...

Discussion in 'Zerg' started by PrivateJoker, Jun 16, 2007.

The fate of the Ultralisk...

Discussion in 'Zerg' started by PrivateJoker, Jun 16, 2007.

1. burkid

burkid New Member

o yeah srry. i read that a few days ago on this topic, and i liked the idea so i thought id metion it, didnt mean to plagurize.

2. paragon

paragon Guest

Or the colossus steps on the ultra and pokes its eyes out.
    I thought the zerg trademarks were zergling, hydralisk, overlord, mutalisk, guardian

3. PowerkickasS

PowerkickasS New Member

not sure about mutalisk or guardians. they dont appear too often in the cinematics
    who do you think would be the most memorable units to you when someone says 'zergs' to you?
    if i wasnt a starcraft fanatic i would be thinking those 4. zerglings and hydras are obvious. guardians appear so many times in cinematics and are famous for being dumb flying crabs that cant shoot air, and hey who could forget the massive strongest ground ultralisk!?

4. paragon

paragon Guest

i forget the ultralisks. and people usually don't make them. Even queens are more identifiable as a zerg thing than ultralisks are.

5. burkid

burkid New Member

are queens even in any cinematics?

6. paragon

paragon Guest

I think there are some in the one where a bunch of the zerg were going into the worm hole to auir.
    And there were definately mutalisks there. And lots of overlords.

7. burkid

burkid New Member

hmmm... i must have missed them.

8. DontHate

DontHate New Member

ah i really hope they don't take em out. they were so awesome lookin'

9. paragon

paragon Guest

In that mutated elephant sort of way (just picture the kaiser blades being the tusks and the rest will fit)

10. DontHate

DontHate New Member

I accually always thought of an ultra like a cat/lion, but after thinking about it an elephant does look more like it.

11. [LightMare]

[LightMare] New Member

imagine how much manpower and machine power is necessary to dig an ultralisk's grave... R.I.P.

12. burkid

burkid New Member

i just watched that cinematic. all i saw was mutas, overlords, and guardians, no queens

13. WuHT

WuHT New Member

O actually the main thought is that when your ultralisk are hurt..you can actuallly pull them back withtout the smaller units (that are now entereing the fray) to get in their way. Normally this happens..and you ultralisk just turns their back on the enemy...so they might as well go down fighting.

I mean the point is that by issuing a command..the other zerg units get a semi-override command that tells them to move out of the way (if they are in the way). Best way i can describe it is a more intelligent way of unborrowing stacked zerglings and watching them move around to clear space. I mean who can actually micro the rear zerg to move out of the way..as the pathing will tell them to fill up any empty spots as soon as they can.

14. Remy

Remy New Member

US East Coast
    Zerg staple units to me are ling, hydra/lurker, muta, and defilers.

15. paragon

paragon Guest

Ah my mistake then. Maybe they were in one of those screens that they had before missions in the campaign.

16. burkid

burkid New Member

that might be it.

17. SirBaron

SirBaron New Member

The Ultra is just impractical. It must die and be replaced by some better unit.

There's a few units though that's a MUST in SC2, which is the 'ling (confirmed), hydra (confirmed......), muta (confirmed) and defiler (unconfirmed). The rest are just bonus, i can do without them.

Also if they add defiler and it doesn't have dark swarm, or they in any other way have changed dark swarm... blizzard is in for a rough night.

18. Piretes

Piretes New Member

Yeah the basis of Zerg is Ling/Hydra/Muta, Defiler's aren't even neccessary but add huge tactical options in the middle to late game. Would hate to see them go. Lurkers should stay too.
    I do think that the Ultra is really a Zerg figurehead. Would hate to see it go, but Blizzard should buff or change it some way (they're geniuses, let them think it out) and make it more practical in your everyday skirmish.

19. DontHate

DontHate New Member

i accually thought lurkers were pretty useless. yea it'd suck to see em go.

20. paragon

paragon Guest

lurkers were great. remy will probably yell at you for that comment when he sees it.