1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The fate of the Ultralisk...

Discussion in 'Zerg' started by PrivateJoker, Jun 16, 2007.

The fate of the Ultralisk...

Discussion in 'Zerg' started by PrivateJoker, Jun 16, 2007.

1. i2new@aol.com

i2new@aol.com New Member

well to be truthful i have read alot of the team liquid reports and from that they said the dmg on a stalker was dumped up, It was a while ago i know but the stalker then was doing 15 dmg. ANd it dose bounce dmg to armored units. The roach and ultralisk are armored and that adds 8 dmg, thats 23 dmg total. A roach only has 90 hp and a rang of 4. The stalker has a range of 6 and alot more life then a roach. On paper a roach wont be winning agenst a stalker but an ultralisk is going to walk on both those units at the same time....I'll take the ultralisk :)

2. ItzaHexGor

ItzaHexGor Active Member

Sydney, Australia
    I think you might've gotten yourself a bit confused. Originally the Stalker dealt eight damage with a bonus eight to Armoured targets. Recently it's been changed to deal twenty damage plus an extra bonus to Armoured targets.

Last edited: Apr 27, 2008
  3. CannonFodder

CannonFodder New Member

Somewhere near you
    i still think that the roach is better against the protoss, while the ultra is better against the terran

4. ItzaHexGor

ItzaHexGor Active Member

Sydney, Australia
    I still don't really see how you come to that conclusion. Tanks need to be able to absorb large amounts of damage. The Roach isn't able to, in fact, taking large amounts of damage is its weakness. Protoss has a tonne of extremely powerful units that would make incredibly short work of them. However, the opponent will either want to be focusing fire on them, in order to get rid of them quickly, or not attacking them at all, in order to not let them take advantage of their high regeneration rate. If there is an Ultralisk on the scene, they're not going to be focusing their fire on the Roaches, they'll be focusing fire on the Ultralisk. Ultralisks are able to tank for six hundred damage, Roaches would only be able to tank for not that much more than ninety.

5. Psionicz

Psionicz New Member

Under Your Bed
    What? Source plz...

6. ItzaHexGor

ItzaHexGor Active Member

Sydney, Australia
    Source? Here.

7. Psionicz

Psionicz New Member

Under Your Bed
    That was March 17th

8. ItzaHexGor

ItzaHexGor Active Member

Sydney, Australia
    So what? I said that originally it did eight damage with a bonus of eight to Armoured targets but it's recently been changed to twenty damage with an additional bonus to Armoured targets. Just because that change happened a few weeks ago it doesn't mean that it wasn't changed.

Also why are you always so obsessed with only having 100% up to date information? Blizzard is never going to release all the current stats and update them daily, so we're going to have to work with temporarily outdated stats, ok? Would you rather people say things like 'The Roach will not be able to defeat a Stalker' and someone replies 'But it might be able to, depending on how strong each one is'? Or would you rather people say things like 'At the moment, from the information we've been given, the Stalker should be able to defeat the Roach because it has much more health and range. It deals enough damage to overcome the Roach's regeneration rate and Blink can be a huge advantage because it allows the Stalker to instantly move out of the Roaches range but stay within the Stalkers range, meaning it can keep attacking but the Roach will have to stop and run forwards, resulting in the Stalker taking less damage than it otherwise would have in the duration of the fight'? I know which one I'd prefer. If you prohibit us talking about anything that hasn't been updated in the past six weeks, what is everyone going to talk about? Going by your logic, that would mean the Zealot's Charge is outdated information, anything about the campaign is outdated information, pretty much everything they've announced is outdated information. It's true that stats are constantly changing but that doesn't stop people using them in conversations, so quit complaining and mentioning the fact that all this information is old. We all know it's old but there is nothing we can do about it. It's the most accurate information we have at the moment, unless someone's able to find something more recent which isn't possible in most cases, so that's the information we're going to use.

9. Psionicz

Psionicz New Member

Under Your Bed
    A month and some was a few weeks ago? ok. Its just that I remember someone/others correcting me that it is no longer 20(+8) but it was 8(+8). Then I ranted about how the Stalker was starting to look sucky, it was possibly you or GMG. Thats why.

10. ItzaHexGor

ItzaHexGor Active Member

Sydney, Australia
    It was six weeks. I never said a couple of week or anything, which would mean about two, I said a few, which means a few.

The Stalker originally dealt eight plus eight damage, but since then it's been changed to be twenty base damage with an extra bonus. Unless you can find a more recent source that says it has since been changed back to being eight plus eight, this is the most recent update we've got so that's what we're going to go by. I'll have no problem if you can actually find a source saying that, but I find it extremely hypocritical when you ask for my source and say that it's out of date when you offer none of your own.

11. Psionicz

Psionicz New Member

Under Your Bed
    I never said it was incorrect. It was just suprising as someone argued with me that it wasn't 20 anymore. But yea its not a big deal.
    Care to discuss this in the Stalker thread?

12. ItzaHexGor

ItzaHexGor Active Member

Sydney, Australia
    Only if there's anything more to discuss. The point is that the Stalkers increased damage will make it another effective counter against the Roach. Roaches won't be able to stand up against Protoss for long so they won't be able to reap the benefits of having such a high regeneration rate meaning they won't be tanking much more that a hundred damage per Roach. Ultralisks on the other hand start off with six hundred health, so will be able to hold the line for a lot longer than some Roaches. Roaches will be good for early game tanking and raiding, but they will never compete with the Ultralisk as the main tank for the swarm.

13. Psionicz

Psionicz New Member

Under Your Bed
  14. lurkers_lurk

lurkers_lurk New Member

Red Bluff, CA
    OH!! i found this info, right from Karune.

Re: Roach seems cheap.. | 4/25/2008 8:46:44 PM GMTDT

The Roach at 90 hit points and 15 hp/sec regeneration excels at small number skirmishes, but at large encounters, they are not extremely hard to fight.

1vs1 a Roach will beat a Stalker. 5vs5 a Stalker group which focus fires and a little micromanagement can beat the Roaches with little to no losses.

Roaches are the best at countering units that attack a bit slower and do not do huge amounts of damage with a single attack, such as the Zealot.

here is the source : http://www.battle.net/forums/thread.aspx?fn=sc2-general&t=1059767&s=blizzard&tmp=1#blizzard

15. freedom23

freedom23 New Member

the ultras sure did some ultra progress
    and so the fate of the ultralisk after 4 years of evoulution was cleaving attack and burrowing underground so whats next??

16. SOGEKING

SOGEKING New Member

What do you think about their size ? Compared to a Terran Thor an Ultalisk should be a big dog near a little man.
    But according to a picture the Ultalisk seems to be a horse and the Thor a man.

I suggest for the Ultralisk to get a little size. A bit tiny more size than now.

17. overmind

overmind Active Member

New Zealand
    i used them!

in this build they are great, they really needed push and burrow and now they rock.

18. freedom23

freedom23 New Member

what about the overseers how come we havent heard any of those from paris?

19. Juggernaught131

Juggernaught131 New Member

America
    i always saw them as useless, maybe they are not on the final list

20. Blade

Blade New Member

Shoreline WA
    yea, the Ultralask was more of a "....should i us it?...nah...GO ZERGLINGS!!!" unit ^^

Blade-