1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Dark Templar Revealed + Nuke Wallpaper

Discussion in 'Graphics, Wallpaper, Fanart, Signatures, etc' started by FlyingTiger, Aug 15, 2007.

The Dark Templar Revealed + Nuke Wallpaper

1. Patuljak

Patuljak New Member

Slovenia
    I don't like their moving animation, it doesn't seem natural, and the way their cloak flutters in the air looks dumb. I also don't like the scythes, they don't look like an assasin's weapon to me. Overall, I liked the older DT much better, but I can live with the new ones.

2. Darktemplar_L

Darktemplar_L New Member

Bay Area
    I wonder if when the Dark Templars are being warped in, if they can be seen being warped-in. Like during the warp-in process can they be seen without a detector?

3. bluefirefox

bluefirefox Guest

Yeah Darktemplar_L, I think they can be seen because every unit being warped-in can be attacked. Talking about the invisibility, if you realize, they're always cloaked: the blue thing is what the user and the detector see, but they are always cloaked. Beside this, I like the new one, but no it's concept art, it looks like it has a mouth. And a speed upgrade would be nice ;D

4. ToonMOG

ToonMOG New Member

First of all, I don't like how the cloak looks, it seems like it would be too difficult to recognize the unit amongst other units since half of the unit seems less transparent than the rest of it.
    Second, I don't understand why they have a scythe if they still do they same kind of attack they did in SC, I like the running its more ninja like however... but loose to cloak or change it, its distracting. Also they are way to bulky to be an assassin type unit... at least its good to see them in SCII tho. ^_^

5. BnechbReaker

BnechbReaker New Member

i don't like the new weapon, seems clumsy and not swift and deadly like the old one

6. bluefirefox

bluefirefox Guest

Well, I think the new weapon could have something to do with a new special ability yet to unveil. Remember, they said that the old units would have to gain new abilities in order to remain in SC2, in example: Zealot's Charge.

7. string_me_along

string_me_along New Member

what would be really nice for the death animation of units vs. the DT is when the DT kills a human unit, the unit gets decapitated. Here's a marine. Oh noes! It has no head anymore. And that medic?! Also decapitated. It would be nice to see blizzard use variations on the death animations depending on what killed it. A thor artillery strike would look a lot different from a DT assassination.

8. Indigent

Indigent New Member

They DO have different animations for deaths for marines and stuff. When the fire bat blows up it just blow up with the same animation but the reaper flies in any dirrection. When the marine dies sometimes it gets sliced in half down the middle. In the demo for protoss, in the final battle the zealot sliced the marine and just ran through him. It looked like the marine was fine but started stumbling and he fell in two pieces, sliced right down the middle.