1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Corrupters.

Discussion in 'Zerg' started by ced, Mar 10, 2008.

The Corrupters.

Discussion in 'Zerg' started by ced, Mar 10, 2008.

1. Overling

Overling New Member

Yeah! I wonder if an infested pylon generates creep... lol

Better yet: how does an infested Zealot fare in battle? :eek:

2. furrer

furrer New Member

Denmark
    lol
    Yeah it would be cool with protoss minions... the best way of destroing that race... Muhahaha. Im just waiting for some new screens

3. Tankman131

Tankman131 Guest

from what ive seen ib the video, there is way to much strength in the corruptors attack... it did seem to corrupt that crusier very fast and that may be an overly powered effect given to the corrputers.

also, an infected zealot would be awesome... like a zergling with psi swords

4. DontHate

DontHate New Member

to me, the corruptors are kind of... well just weird. I think corrupting should take longer and give you more benefits. Possibly give you control of that unit, just make it fire a lot slower with lower defenses. I think corrupting a unit so it just stands in the middle of a battlefeild not doing anything is kind of... well not corrupted.

5. ninerman13

ninerman13 New Member

Ah, but it stands in the middle of the battlefield shooting at your enemies, not doing nothing!

6. ItzaHexGor

ItzaHexGor Active Member

Sydney, Australia
    First off, look at how many Corrupters there were attacking the Battlecruisers. It's easily understandable that that many pure Air-to-Air units are quickly able to take down some Battlecruisers.
    Also, it only Corrupts the target if it deals the killing blow. It's not on a timer or anything, it's that when the Battlecruiser is destroyed, instead of dying, it just corrupted instead. That was how long they'd take to kill one, and it's very similar to that of some of the other units we've seen, not to mention that Blizzard probably tweaked it all so we weren't waiting ages for them to destroy the Battlecruiser.
    I'm against the idea of Infested Protoss. I'm not against the Zerg Infesting their buildings, but they shouldn't be able to produce Infested Protoss from them. I'm gone on a lot about it in other threads, but summarising, Protoss, who have such a high sense of honour, would commit seppuku before they allowed themselves to be Infested. Whether they do it by stabbing themselves or using their psychic powers to mentally shut down their mind, they literally wouldn't allow themselves to be Infested.
    Also, it was described in a Q&A a while back that a critically injured Protoss warrior is teleported back to their home base, once Auir but now Shakuras, just before death. If they were Infested, the Protoss could teleport them back and eradicate them.

7. AcE_01

AcE_01 Active Member

Australia
    ^
    tahts lorewise...im with you man...protoss are to honourable to get infested..

thought, their robotic stuff should be infected....a infected collosus....now tahts hot...lol

8. ItzaHexGor

ItzaHexGor Active Member

Sydney, Australia
    That wouldn't really be counted as an Infestation though, would it? I'd thought of it more as a... hmm, not sure what it'd be called. Kinda like overgrowing it, like a strangling vine or something. Arrgh, this is really bugging me. Does anyone know what I mean or am I just talking gibberish?
    Also, Infested Protoss warriors or machinery wouldn't be able to use the normal Protoss weapons. Zerg don't have the same psychic levels as the Protoss, nor do them know how to operate them.

9. AcE_01

AcE_01 Active Member

Australia
    ^
    yeah i understand...robotics will have all tentacles out of it n stuff...but meh..i dno.

10. Meee

Meee New Member

Poland
    It's corruption, since that's what you can do to colossi. Now it's a good thing that corrupted units get that glaive wurm-like attack instead of their own weapons. Corrupted colossi would be scary o_O

With that being said about toss weapons, what will infested zealots use? Exploding isn't an option since that's what banelings are for, so what's left?
    It'd be better to leave toss uninfected. Zerg could gain some benefits from their buildings instead of units, which would make for a new racial difference (and in the same race!) and solve protoss honour issue

11. Wlck742

Wlck742 New Member

In your head
    I'll only go for Protoss Infestations if it's well explained in the campaign and Duran gets the hybrids working. If not, then it should be out.

12. Meee

Meee New Member

Poland
    Which would be damn hard to explain since infested units are normally an addition to your army and actual hybrids are supposed to be really powerfull

Oh, wait Off Topic

13. ItzaHexGor

ItzaHexGor Active Member

Sydney, Australia
    I don't reckon that Corruption is the right word for it. Corruption implies that it's been turned bad, an organism taking over a mechanical vehicle or ship would be a different term. I guess Infestation fits what I'm trying to say, but there's another word for it. Can't think it right now, I'll get back to you guys.
    I think it's plausible for them to take over Protoss vehicles, because the Protoss cannot prevent the hulls being overtaken. I wrote about it in the 'Zerg Dragoon' thread or something. Basically I logic'd out that because the Infestation inside cannot use the weapons, shields, etc, it'd have a normal Zerg attack but have almost twice the armour of any other unit. The reason being it has both its normal carapace as well as the Protoss hull to defend itself. It would be a bit cumbersome and slow, but very durable. It's pure speculation though.
    As Wlck742 said, I think the Hybrid will be the Zerg/Protoss combo instead of having Infested Protoss. Zerg/Terran are Infested Terran, Zerg/Protoss are Hybrids. But what of the Terran/Protoss?

14. Overling

Overling New Member

How about claws? If corrupted air-units can use Glaives, Zealots can use claws. Would sort of make it up for the energy blades in a Zerg way.

15. Blackskies

Blackskies New Member

Okay so from watching the videos this is what I have seen on how it works tell me if I get it right...

Okay so say 6 corrupters come up against maybe 2 bc's and 4 vikings. The corrupters corrupt the 2 bc's which do not attack just kind of sit there and act like dummy units while the enemy fires at them instead of ur corrupters. Then you fire at 1 of the vikings and they start killing that one viking and then you send in mutalisks for the mop up. So you don't control the corrupted units they are just turned into dummy targets for your enemy to waste bullets on costing them time and the battle. So this doesnt sound so imbalanced as long as you cant take control of the corrupted units.

16. Meee

Meee New Member

Poland
    Corrupted units also shoot something similar to mutalisk's glaive wurms, but they don't turn towards the enemy to do that

17. Blackskies

Blackskies New Member

O.... well i like the decoy idea better shooting glauve worms means its gay and probably imbalanced although i see its purpouse lore wise. That and it would be tight to use on a collosuss 7.

18. furrer

furrer New Member

Denmark
    I hope the corrupters work against Collusus, else we (zerg) will always need roaches, and they should be cut.

19. ItzaHexGor

ItzaHexGor Active Member

Sydney, Australia
    Why do you think that having the Corrupters working against Colossus will get rid of the need for Roaches? Roaches aren't the only things that can take down Colossi. Try the Mutalisk and Guardian. Besides, the Corrupters will still be able to attack them, because the are classified as an air target. Whether it Corrupts it or not is a different story. Personally, I think they will.
    What have you got against Roaches anyway?

20. furrer

furrer New Member

Denmark
    No use unless they are early tier (no harassing abbility, low dps, only capeable of tanking which units like stalkers will be able to take care of), and i want the hydralisk back to tier 1.5 again.