1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Corrupters.

Discussion in 'Zerg' started by ced, Mar 10, 2008.

The Corrupters.

Discussion in 'Zerg' started by ced, Mar 10, 2008.

1. Meee

Meee New Member

Poland
    Nah I played the good guys - Atreides 8) (Dune 2000)

2. Smokiehunter

Smokiehunter New Member

They just don't look zerg. zerg have thick exoskeletons and are not at all flying jelly fish. just like the lurker and the roach I like the concept but dislike the art.

3. ninerman13

ninerman13 New Member

If you watch the video closely one can see the corrupted units firing back at the other ones. So again in case anyone still isn't clear - the corrupted unit becomes a Zerg turret. Stationary, yet still can fire at you.

4. Overling

Overling New Member

Does it say somewhere that it is stationary? I remember seeing those Vikings taking off with the Corrupters after the confrontation... but I'll double-check it, to be certain.

Ok, cross that, they really stay in their places. Well, at least it is balanced! lol But how long will those units remain there? Will they be able to recover their health? Will they maintain their damage/armor stats? I suppose, if they can't be moved, that they will be also uncontrollable, so their skills should also be a no-go. It is nevertheless a great ability and a great unit (the corruptor and the corruption).

5. lichking

lichking New Member

It doesn't say anywhere, but i checked and can't see any of them moving from their positions. I may be wrong though

6. Ayzee

Ayzee New Member

Sweden
    Atreides ftw ;)

Heh btw.. the walkers that Atreides had - can't recall their names - they really look like predecessors of the thor. 4 shoulder mounted cannons, bipedal walker, protruding cockpit.. the works :D

..Not to mention the nydus worms.

--------------------MERGE----------------------------------------------------

I just figured out exactly how the corrupters work! This is new I suppose.

Seen the new HD gameplay trailer?

There you can see how the BCs/vikings immediately after being corrupted start firing glavie wurms at the rest of the vikings! You just couldn't see it in the old low-def video since all the other corrupters are firing at the same time! :)

7. Overling

Overling New Member

Ok, I'll overlook the fact that you just double-posted (lol), because that possibility is just great! Would make a great sense if infested air-units got a "muta-like" creature spawn/merged with it, and attacked enemies using Glave Wurms! lol Time to recheck the video once more! ^^

BTW, you should try and merge your posts. ;)

8. Psionicz

Psionicz New Member

Under Your Bed
    Hmm I must check this, its 75% downloaded :D

9. Overling

Overling New Member

Ok, I think now that the Vikings attacking were actually the healthy ones, and they were trying to destroy primarily the corrupted ones for a reason... can the corrupted units undergo a transformation and become worse than the corruptors themselves? Like a bigger Scourge? lol Wow, possibilities...
    Afteral, we didn't see those BCs firing back, and I really think that the Vikings firing were the uncorrupted, firing at the corrupted ones. There should be a reason for them to preferably fire against a unit that isn't attacking you yet...

10. ninerman13

ninerman13 New Member

The Battlecruisers, once corrupted, did start to fire on the un-corrupted Vikings immediately (they just didn't flip around). It's hard to see (easier in the HD video). The Vikings, as they got corrupted, also start firing on each other, and the healthy ones try to kill the corrupted units instead of the Corruptors. I imagine this simply happens because they are closer together. So Overling, the corrupted units ARE actually firing at the Vikings.

11. Ayzee

Ayzee New Member

Sweden
    Overling, you are half-right. If you watch closely and preferably at 50% speed you'll clearly see the corrupted vikings exchanging fire with the uncorrupted ones. The vikings are firing missiles while the corrupted ones fire something resembling glavie wurms.

...and ninerman13 beat me to it, kudos! :)

12. AcE_01

AcE_01 Active Member

Australia
    ^
    ohh yes!! i see something firing from the BC and vikings!! it does look like glave wurms! tahts cool!!

13. WuHT

WuHT New Member

The scourge were very effective against carriers , but terrible against BC. However, the devourers were more effective against BCs than Carriers (not every interceptor is going to have it's attack slowed down, unlike the BC's)--

So the Corrupter is the solve-all Antiair ? The SC air balance model fighters<dedicated antiair<capital<fighters doesn't seem to be matched now ..for better or worse

14. Gasmaskguy

Gasmaskguy New Member

Sweden
    I wonder if you can corrupt Colossi.

15. furrer

furrer New Member

Denmark
    Ahh, finally someone figured it out!
    Now we are sure they "kill" the unit before the coruption takes place right? Else it would be OP or?

16. VodkaChill

VodkaChill New Member

Montreal, Quebec, Canada
    Most probably I'll be all wrong, but the way I see it I am not sure if the Corruptor actually deals HP damage. Maybe if the unit as 500/500 HP, it only needs to inflict 500 of Infestation damage, and then you got an infested BattleCruiser, if it's in bad shape 250/500 hp, it will make to corruption come faster.

The reason I am saying this is that, in the video, once battlecruisers are corrupted, it needed allot of time before the others non-corrupted unit could take them out.

Or maybe the corruption will attack HP and once Hp is depleted, get corrupted then get full HP back (Command Center in SC1 for example).. Sincerely I doubt it, since the corruption that corruptors and the new defiler(sorry I got a blank for that unit name right now) has seems to be of same nature and we all noted that those Barracks never cough on fire before being infested...

Just trowing in ideas here :D

EDIT: Spellcheck was run,

And that idea of a corrupted Collosi would be really neat. I like how infested unit and building gets all zerg like tentacles all over

17. furrer

furrer New Member

Denmark
    Your 2nd "idea" is the one I think will be in.
    And the infestor (new defiler) used a spell, the corupter attacked.

18. Gasmaskguy

Gasmaskguy New Member

Sweden
    Just thought of something else that will be funny; corrupting lift offed Terran buildings. :D
    Man it gotta hurt when your CC gets corrupted, without a doubt (pray to god that you're above land so that you can land before it's too late).
    Corrupting Corruptors will also be a lul.

About the Infestor. They said that you can infest ANY structures.
    So I wonder how infested Zerg buildings will look like. XD
    Slime + more slime on top of that? Yuck. :p

19. ItzaHexGor

ItzaHexGor Active Member

Sydney, Australia
    Hehe, they might be able to Infest any structure, but technically speaking, Zerg buildings aren't structures, they're organisms.

20. Wlck742

Wlck742 New Member

In your head
    I want to see the Protoss building get infested. Imagine having all those tentacles sticking out of a Pylon.