1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Colossus needs some upgrades

Discussion in 'Protoss' started by CaptainPicard, Oct 2, 2007.

The Colossus needs some upgrades

Discussion in 'Protoss' started by CaptainPicard, Oct 2, 2007.

1. Gforce

Gforce New Member

yeah i didn't think about changing the weapon firing sequence. That would be interesting.

2. Tankman131

Tankman131 Guest

I think it should be able to gain an anti air upgrade, like some pew pew rays to fight off some air units, but not an army

3. Meee

Meee New Member

Poland
    A flyswatter should do.
    That would look awesome ;D

4. ItzaHexGor

ItzaHexGor Active Member

Sydney, Australia
    Why do you want it to have an Anti-Air attack? This issue has already been brought up and resolved. Basically, if the Colossus were to have an Anti-Air upgrade, it would nullify it's weakness and it's Anti-Ground capabilities would have to suffer because of it. It's meant to be a pure Anti-Ground unit, like the Siege Tank. Giving it an Anti-Air capability is not the way to go.

5. EonMaster

EonMaster Eeveelution Master

Black City, Unova
    The colossus should definately not have an anti air attack. Air is the only way to effectivly counter them without suffering huge loses.

If it did have an anti air attack, its life and attack would have to be seriously scaled back to prevent the colossus from being overpowered and to prevent it from overlaping with other protoss units.

6. string_me_along

string_me_along New Member

I don't think the colossus should have an anti air attack, however, it would be useful to have the arbiters stasis field, if necessary, to keep them from getting attacked (freeze the battle) until you could bring in anti air reinforcements. I think that would be an excellent protoss tactic and work within the boundaries of the game... but I don't think that stasis field is currently included.

7. ItzaHexGor

ItzaHexGor Active Member

Sydney, Australia
    Even that's going too far. The Colossus is an amazingly effective Anti-Ground unit. Not Anti-Air, not a caster, pure, 100% Anti Ground. Add anything to it, an Anti-Air attack or Stasis Field, and its other areas, like health and damage, will suffer. Give it absolutely any way to defend itself or prevent being attacked from the skies, and its other areas will suffer.

8. Gasmaskguy

Gasmaskguy New Member

Sweden
    It is exactly like Itza says. Unlike other hardcore anti ground units, like the Siege Tank, the Colossus even makes an air target, to further boost it's hp and damage output.
    It might not even be as OP as Jon claims it to be (although I believe him :p), because the Colossus sacrifices a lot in order to do all that damage.

I wonder how powerful a Colossus would be if it skipped cliffwalking.

9. ItzaHexGor

ItzaHexGor Active Member

Sydney, Australia
    Haha, I was just thinking that as I was typing earlier. I was going to add "Give it any way to defend itself or prevent being attacked from the skies, or any other kind of ability, and its other areas will suffer." Then I realised that people would pick me out on the cliff walking thing. I could have then mentioned that it'd be stronger if it didn't cliff walk, but it'd weaken my argument non-the-less.
    Even if the Colossus didn't have cliff walking and its attack was made much, much stronger, it wouldn't be as useful. At the moment it's about as powerful as it needs to be, so cliff walking is a much better option. Still, it makes you think.

10. Smokiehunter

Smokiehunter New Member

I think its cliff walking just gives you more ways to be strategic. it also gives it a way to run away if things get too hairy on the ground.