1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Archon Theory

Discussion in 'Protoss' started by Darth_Bane, Sep 1, 2007.

?

The Archon Theory what do you think?

1. Yes, all 3 Archons should be there

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Just the Dark Archon and Twilight Archon

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Just the origionals

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Just the regular Archon and the Twilight Archon

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. Just the Twilight Archon

100.0%
  6. No Archons at all

0 vote(s)
    0.0%

The Archon Theory

Discussion in 'Protoss' started by Darth_Bane, Sep 1, 2007.

1. Protosscommander

Protosscommander New Member

Well, Protoss Dark Archon, aRE nicely to used, because of them you can control those two and three races right :)
    and you will become more powerful :)

2. Itsmyship

Itsmyship New Member

Where only cool people live... So Cal!
    In case no one has pointed it out yet, you misspelled originals...just felt like pointing that out :)

3. DontHate

DontHate New Member

3 archons really does make the most sence... i mean why the hell would they just disapear... althought the twilight archon is pretty good becuase its a mix of both.

4. ShdwyTemplar

ShdwyTemplar New Member

Tacoma, Washington
    I could answer why the other two disappear rather easily actually. Its simplistic logic on this part of the Protoss reasoning for this. ;D

The Protoss* of Aiur had to leave their home planet of Aiur for Shakuras. As such they were less in numbers and thus left with less High Templar to sacrifice themselves to create an Archon. The Dark Templar are the same, but, for another reason which is that they have themselves not a large sub-civilization of the Protoss. That being said they would not have the capacity to form many more Dark Archons like the Protoss of Aiur. If that is true then to combine there powers would be best in the interest of both as it would allow for more Archons and for the unity of the Protoss to shine through. Simple enough.

5. Darth_Bane

Darth_Bane Moderator

Seattle, Washington USA
    Yes exactly ShdwyTemplar you just spelled out what I said earlier just a little bit easier to understand, I can bairly understand what I say half the time anyway (just kidding, I actually am pretty good at english). So to the point that instead of having the originals stay there just have one unit you can mix and match for exaple:

The T Archon 2 HTs make is stronger than that of the T Archon that 1 HT and 1 DT make and has no spells or skills other than the splash damage effect.

The T Archon 2 DTs make will be weaker than the T Archon 1 HT and 1 DT make but it still has an attack (although it is much more reduced) and 2-3 more spells/skills then either of the other two T Archons.

Now obviously the T Archon made from 1 HT and 1 DT is inbetween both the other variations so it is more flexible. So if you just want a unit to be a supreme assault unit solely for destroying enemy units and buildings than the T Archon made from 2 HTs is just for you. Now if you want to be devious and cunning or to have a good support unit for the main army to lay your opponents down low than the T Archon made from 2 DTs is what you want. Now the T Archon made from 1 HT and 1 DT is designed to slightly fill both roles and beyond that so you have a more flexible unit within the game so that it does not have just one role to fill in but several.

Now that they are all mixed up and you want to know who is who when you want to, on the playing feild the Archons should have slighly different colored auras like the first game but they are all still T Archons so the Techtree is still balanced out well and there is more units to have so instead of 3 you have one unit so you can have 2 new cool units and the Archon Theory is still stable while you are at it.

6. Hito

Hito New Member

I dont see a point in having all 3. Though it would be nice to see the Maelstorm ability come back somehow.
    Would also like the Twilight Archons to use both hands when they shoot. ^_^

7. BnechbReaker

BnechbReaker New Member

we can have as many as we want in the map editor!

8. MeisterX

MeisterX Hyperion

New Port Richey, FL
    Well... just because there "3" types of archons doesn't mean there will be 3 in the map editor.

They only said units that were scrapped from SC2 would be included. And some of the more popular axed unit from SC1. I doubt you're going to see the Queen or anything ;)

9. MarineCorp

MarineCorp New Member

England, United Kingdom
    Just the Twilight!! the Twilight Archon is like a replacement of both regular Archon and the Dark Archon but not only that both of them WILL be in the Map Editor!? Huzzah!! ^_^

10. BnechbReaker

BnechbReaker New Member

nooooooooooo blizzard must include all units from the starcraft universe, and with the super powerful map editor, you can also make your own. yes that's what blizzard must dooooooooooo

11. Shadow Templar

Shadow Templar New Member

The Twilight Archon is really turning into a mess story wise. It should be 1HT 1DT, that makes sense. However, that won't be easy, seeing as the two now have different building requirements now. If they had the same you could just make one of each and merge 'em. Maybe that why they made it so 2 of each could merge. Maybe its just for the best. It does make things alot simpler. Still, they should have slightly different abilities based on their composition.

12. MeisterX

MeisterX Hyperion

New Port Richey, FL
    The more I think about it....

I think there SHOULD be only one archon.... the Twilight. And you should only be able to make it with an HT + DT.

DT + DT and HT + HT could just not make anything now ;)

Makes sense.... with the loss of Auir the power to merge two HTs could have been lost. And the DTs are unable to do it because... their numbers are dwindling???

13. ninerman13

ninerman13 New Member

I think the current setup makes sense, mainly because it represents the unification of the Protoss. While both the High and Dark Templars still retain their original traits and unique abilities, Tassadar's example has set a precedent for being able to use the other side's powers if one tries hard enough. In other words: Twilight Archon. DT + HT makes sense, as one of each side leads to combined power. HT + HT and DT + DT also makes sense, taking into account how the Protoss as a race have changed since Brood War.

14. Andrewgosu

Andrewgosu Guest

I would just like to see the regular Archon, in its original role.

The name "Twilight Archon" sounds so pumped. Why Twilight?

When I first saw Dark Archon hundreds of years back, I didn't like it very much. Same goes for the Twilight one.

The "regular" Archon is truly the best.

15. Darth_Bane

Darth_Bane Moderator

Seattle, Washington USA
    Wow this is getting lots of votes. Besides that has anyone who has posted for the last nine posts read what I typed last?
    It is a solution for all of our problems accept for the zerg and terrans. READ IT BEFORE YOU POST!

16. 225popcap

225popcap New Member

I reckon it should go like this.

dt+ht=Twilight archon
    dt+dt=Dark archon
    ht+ht= Protoss archon

It still makes a bit of sense. Twilight archons get some of that awsome dark templar and the normal archon at the same time. High templar and another make the normal. Dark templar and another can make the Dark archon which focuses on more special abilities. Maybe the shields,cost, damage and energy can go up or down to compensate for it all.
    That way we dont have to argue so much..

17. MeisterX

MeisterX Hyperion

New Port Richey, FL
    Hi 225, welcome to the forum. But please read the entire thread before making a post. :D

These points have already been touched upon.

My general feeling of the popular opinion is that (possibly) HT+HT and DT+DT shouldn't be able to form an Archon whatsoever. But that's just because having 3 different archons is simply not an option.

18. Darth_Bane

Darth_Bane Moderator

Seattle, Washington USA
    exactly that is why my idea on the top of this page is long yet a really good solution for all our problems. NOW COMENT UPON MY GENIOUSENESISITY!

19. ninerman13

ninerman13 New Member

Just to quantify your idea for the sake of clarification:

HT + HT - Twilight Archon, 25 Attack, No Spells
    HT + DT - Twilight Archon, 20 Attack, Feedback
    DT + DT - Twilight Archon, 10 Attack, Feedback, New Cool Blizzard Ability

I can definitely see that working. Technically still one unit, but very very versatile. I like it.

20. Vindicatormsc

Vindicatormsc New Member

it would be MUCH simpler if they simply gave it the attack power of the regular archon,and the spells of the dark archon....

i mean,what's SO difficult about doing this ??it's simple as hell.get an archon,give it those three spells from the DA,and there you have it,the Twilight Archon,complete with a strong attack and powerfull spells.

sometimes i think the people working on Starcraft 2 are just stupid...