1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Archon Theory

Discussion in 'Protoss' started by Darth_Bane, Sep 1, 2007.

?

The Archon Theory what do you think?

1. Yes, all 3 Archons should be there

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Just the Dark Archon and Twilight Archon

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Just the origionals

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Just the regular Archon and the Twilight Archon

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. Just the Twilight Archon

100.0%
  6. No Archons at all

0 vote(s)
    0.0%

The Archon Theory

Discussion in 'Protoss' started by Darth_Bane, Sep 1, 2007.

1. Inpox

Inpox New Member

On your first alternative it would just be annoying to have 3 archon types. Just stick with one powerful splash archon with spells ( they were going to have some right)

On your second alternative it would be really hard to pick out the archons you want from the crowd

2. They should add a new archon one with for every color of the rainbow, so there will be an archon to correspond to everyones favorite color. Face it the only reason people want the Dark Archon is they liked how it looked, theres no other reason for it to be in the game. The twilight archon is an archon with feedback the best of both the other two types are obsolete.

3. SOGEKING

SOGEKING New Member

I voted 'just the originals'. Of course now that the original protoss and the dark protoss are now together, high templar and dark templar can fusionate together now. And create a twilight archon. So now the archon and the dark archon will not exist anymore, maybe it is easier to get only one super archon that attacks the enemies like the archon, and uses powerful abilities like the dark archon.

4. PancakeChef

PancakeChef New Member

United States
    I'm gonna have to go with the Twillight Archon, this is a new game and times change, the Twillight Archon has all the good things from both worlds. You don't really need the other two and it wouldn't fit in with the current story in how the dark templar and high templar are becoming one society.

5. Waller_Baer

Waller_Baer New Member

the whole DT/DT and HT/HT creating same as DT/HT is real hard to cope with...

6. TheOneInPower

TheOneInPower New Member

I was thinking, wouldn't it be cool to forget DT/HT combination and make the Twillight Archon from an Archon and Dark Archon and have that unit be really powerful.
    Then when I thought over it a second time, I decided that that would be too tedious to make, no matter the power of the new unit.
    Looked good on paper...

7. Protosscommander

Protosscommander New Member

So my question now is what is the 2 combination of the Twilight Archon is it Dark Templar and High Templar OR High Templar and High Templar OR Dark Templar and Dark Templar which of the 3 if somebody knows please :) ???

8. BirdofPrey

BirdofPrey New Member

Arizona
    It is any combination of templar.

So you can have 2 HT, 2 DT or 1 HT and 1 DT, all of them get you a Twilight Archon

9. Protosscommander

So in short there will be no Dark Archon ??? just only Twilight Archon ???

10. BirdofPrey

BirdofPrey New Member

Arizona
    So far yes. Three archons would be too much. Besides the TA is kind of a blending first it fints the story second it is an assualt warrior like the HA but has feedback like the DA against casters

11. Protosscommander

Okey lol, wait why did you say 3 isnt, its one only Twilght Archon and nothing else uhmm... ???

12. BirdofPrey

BirdofPrey New Member

Arizona
    The TA is the only one in the game.

I mentiond 3 becuase some people have suggested having the TA plus the archons form the original SC that would give us 3 archons

13. Protosscommander

Ah okey i understand now :)

14. Swarming Surtur

Swarming Surtur New Member

hmmm... i think the twilight archon might be the original archon, just... ya know, with more concentrated awsomeness :good:
    as far as the others go, i think there will be 3 archons, but they'll get rid of abilities like mind control from the dark archon... and maybe nerf feedback a little bit
    i have no idea what the third archon will be like, but i'm almost postive there WILL be three
    peace :thumbup:

15. BirdofPrey

BirdofPrey New Member

Arizona
    This isn't SupCom with 100 different units so having more than one archon won't work. Also the TA has feedback so itis a fusion of the SC1 archons

16. Protosscommander

Anyway i really loved Dark Archons, they represent the power of the Dark Templars :)

17. 10-Neon

10-Neon New Member

Gainesville, FL
    I'd like to see a Twilight Archon that has different abilities depending on the units you used to build it.

18. darkone

darkone Moderator

Mississippi
    10-Neon, i love that idea, i've always wished they would do it that way when i first started play sc1 and was dreaming of more archons

19. Alasdair

Alasdair New Member

Toronto
    i would like to see all 3 aswell, but since its really unlikely that they'll put the original 2 in the game, they likely just put it in the campaigne editor, just like all the other original untis they dont want to put in the game (e.g. firebat)

20. Darth_Bane

Darth_Bane Moderator

Seattle, Washington USA
    I agree with you both Protosscommander and 10-Neon. I still think they should have the Twilight Archon get mind control to. You have to understand that when the protoss were together both dark and light they were FAR more powerful in the golden age then they were a little bit before their casts being reunited and they still arent as strong as they used to be. The Twilight Archons is just like the Motherships they are shining simbols of what the protoss used to be and now they are starting to rise up back to their great power and some protoss Templars and mystics are trying to find a way to reconect their anchient psi-link they all had once shared untill they broke it and entered the eon of strife.

Thus the Twilight Archon should be far more powerful than either the regular Light or Dark Archons and should have the traits of both. And one way to do that would be to use 10-Neon's idea of changing their strengths and skills around with different templar matching while still keeping it the Twilight Archon. That would be a perfect way to keep the bases clutter free and have a larger more flexible range of strategies with the Archons