The AH/G-24 Banshee @ starcraft2.com

Discussion in 'Terran' started by FlyingTiger, Aug 23, 2007.

The AH/G-24 Banshee @ starcraft2.com

Discussion in 'Terran' started by FlyingTiger, Aug 23, 2007.

1. PSIchotic

PSIchotic New Member

if anything, this is great; I never liked playing terran 'cause they were lathargic attackers.

2. string_me_along

string_me_along New Member

and they've still got the seize cannon and Thor. They'll still be pretty set up for defense, I believe.

3. ShasOkais

ShasOkais New Member

Canada
    Is it me, or does it seem as though stalkers have a devourer toxic spore-type attack that deals electromagnetic damage instead to vehicles.

4. Sikhye23

Sikhye23 Guest

Are you saying that because the banshee flickers blue aura type things when they're hit by the stalkers? I thought they flickered because of some animation for their cloak. If you noticed, once the pylon is destroyed and the cannon's go offline, the stalkers just roam around foolishly because they can't see the banshees with the photon cannons unable to detect them. Idk i could be wrong, but that was what i thought.

Actually at first it looks like they have shields so i was like, woah ... then i was like ... ohhh.

5. hillzagold

hillzagold New Member

i cant see any good way to counter the banshee without anti-air, using the protoss. terrans can...mass marines? use missle turrets? unless cobra can hit air, i dont see any other ways to deal with them using GTA attacks

6. burkid

burkid New Member

cobras can hit air.
    how can any air be countered without "anti-air"?

7. PSIchotic

PSIchotic New Member

Lol, I'd give you a power up, but I don't have 'em 40 posts yet.

As far as stalker vs. banshee (assuming you have detector available, like observer etc.) just blink the distance to appear underneath the unit... btw, cost-wise land anti-air is always cheaper and more effective than planes... just easier to run away from that's all and suffers the penatly of having to get within range first (but the stalker doesn't have that problem).

8. Legal

Legal New Member

Hmmmm....coincidence?

Has anyone seen the 10 minute gameplay video of the upcoming RTS for the Xbox360 titles Halo Wars.

It's an RTS based on the Halo video game series.

I just watched it today and couldn't help but feel that the Banshee looks almost identical to a unit from that game call the Hawk.

Check out the video. I'm curious to see what people think. Is this a case of "great minds think alike", or is someone from the Blizzard development team close friends with someone from Ensemble Studios development team?

9. manaplague

manaplague New Member

I like the Banshee a lot it's a nice addition to the terrans new splash damage obsession. On the other hand I wish they had kept cloak for the anti-air flying unit. always loved ambushing flying attacks with wraiths.

10. ProtossZealotfan

ProtossZealotfan New Member

The banshee looks pretty cool but im not sure how long it will live. It seems so pointless like the valkirie is. :-\

To me anyway im not sure how you people feel about that. We'll see what its like to use in time tho. :thumbup:

11. The Vision

The Vision New Member

The banshee can join my army anytime ha. And i found that the valkiries were not entirely useless as the terrans were sufferring a bit in the ATA combat. Maybe a little weak but im glad to see the banshee take ranks with the terrans