1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The AH/G-24 Banshee @ starcraft2.com

Discussion in 'Terran' started by FlyingTiger, Aug 23, 2007.

The AH/G-24 Banshee @ starcraft2.com

Discussion in 'Terran' started by FlyingTiger, Aug 23, 2007.

1. -LT-

-LT- New Member

Wow it's great!!! :eek:

2. Ych

Ych New Member

Woot, looks very nice.

I think that Blizzard intended to nerf the pylons in SC2. I believe that pylons are supposed to be a weakness for the Protoss in that if you destroy them, it powers down their buildings. In SC1, pylons had way too much HP and it was not worth the time destroying them and powering down buildings.

In SC2, people will now be destroying pylons as a strategy because it powers down the Protoss base. With its weaken HP, the Protoss player will now need to think twice on where they place their Pylons. I think it adds a notch of strategy for both the Protoss player and their opponent with the nerfed Pylon HP.

3. paragon

paragon Guest

Awesome.
    One of the banshees took 5 phase cannon hits and 1 stalker hit and wasn't destroyed.
    Cloak looks awesome, attack looks awesome. And I'm glad they changed it from the concept, it looks much better as is.
    And I like how they gave it a realistic letter/number designation and how it tells who made it in the backstory. Adds a lot of realism to it.

4. ArchLimit

ArchLimit New Member

Wow, has anybody noticed the pic of the Banshees on Blizzard's home page? The rendering/texturing of it looks AWESOME! I think ppl would agree that this style definitely satisfies to "grittier/darker" look of units. I REALLY hope this is applied more throughout the game.

What do you guys think?

5. -LT-

-LT- New Member

Wow great pic I like the dark style.

6. generalrievous

generalrievous New Member

nice anyone else notice the weird thing that goes on with the phase cannons tho looks like it changed into another form or something ???

7. ArchLimit

ArchLimit New Member

Yea I think that's just how they look when they're powered out.

8. Lemmy

Lemmy New Member

Yeah, I speak spanish and thats not a spanish word. Its from greek mythology, but I think banshees are from english mythology.

9. paragon

paragon Guest

[img width=670 height=458]http://www.starcraft2.com/features/images/bg-banshee.jpg[/img]

10. ArchLimit

ArchLimit New Member

Paragon, where did you find that d00d???

Oh no... or did you make it... tell me u didn't make it...

11. tweakismyname

tweakismyname New Member

hmm i think it looks like it has a aoe attack, not sure if thats common knowlage or anything, but to me it seems like it does.

12. paragon

paragon Guest

on the features page i right clicked the picture and went to view background or something

13. Unentschieden

Unentschieden New Member

Pylons are supposed to be a Protoss weakness, in SC it didn´t really work that way. Nice Detail: The cannons loose detection when "offline".

14. ArchLimit

ArchLimit New Member

Yea, I think that's how it worked in SC1 as well. The Photon cannons lose detection when they're powered off as well.

15. Unentschieden

Unentschieden New Member

Well but how often did that happen in SC? But I think weak Pylons will only be a issue at expansions, the main would have 2+ Pylons for each building anyway.

A bit strange but if Pylons gave more Psi each it would actually be a nerf.

16. Adrian276

Adrian276 New Member

Ah ok I see. But I mean that name shouldn't be translated. Banshee is a proper noun and for that very reason it shouldn't be translated and re-invented in the rest of languages. That's absurd IMO. :no:

17. MeisterX

MeisterX Hyperion

New Port Richey, FL
    Hmmm... Paragon's pic makes me think that's either from a level with strange lighting, or that it could be some version of their "nighttime."

18. zeratul11

zeratul11 New Member

dark version for me is not good. its too dark and dirty. i like the current look way better.

back to the topic. yah the banshee is awesome!

I SAY A TIER 2 system for the phase canons! it looks so weak. change the model when you upgrade them. its for more defensive purposes as units now are raiding and killing workers like hell which sucks! is this how starcraft 2 is supposed to be played now completely? kill workers kill worker kill workers to win? is that all? well almost all screenshots shows units raiding base and killing workers (and 3 to 5 canons and turrets are still gay). with all this units, cliff walkers, cloak bombers, warp in technology, siege ultimate, etc. i say base defenses should be stronger. so upgrade for base defenses like canons and turrets is GOOD, increase attack and damage than creating more of them which is not really a good strat in pro games, also it decrease the free space on you base. also with stronger base defense you go for the tier 3 units like the bc to deal with them not swarms of level 1 units (now tier 3 units will be usefull now as they can tank). you get what i mean? yah base raiding is a must and inevitable in starcraft, but it should be countered effectively. even pro games dont build a lot of canons. hhmm.

support me please. im going to bnet and blizzforums and tell them about this.

im going to make a thread for this (tier system for base defenses and CHEAP workers killing is the way to WIN in sc2!..which sucks). let the unit battles decide on most part.

i just find the current base defenses (canons turrets bunkers etc.) not enough. and i say defense should be as balance with offense too in sc2. NOT offense is the best defense. yah you can build more units what if the enemy attacks your unguarded(only 2 to 3 canons) base expansion then you need to pull back your force or also raid the enemy base expansion etc. sc2 should focus more on unit battles and base raidingworkers killing should not be done regularly(well if there is already an upgrade canons etc guarding the your opponent base.).

i believe this adds new mechanics and strategies in starcraft 2. as well as tier 3 units will be more in actions.

19. string_me_along

string_me_along New Member

awesome find!

20. burkid

burkid New Member

zeratul11, they make static defences rather weak so that you cant rely on them and have to get units to assist in base protection.
    and, no there shouldnt be an upgrade for cannons. they (i beleive) have the same stats as the SC1 cannon, but get the bonus of being able to move for free. they are fine how they are.