1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Terran vs Protoss SC2, a living nightmare?

Discussion in 'Terran' started by DKutrovsky, Oct 19, 2007.

Terran vs Protoss SC2, a living nightmare?

Discussion in 'Terran' started by DKutrovsky, Oct 19, 2007.

1. DKutrovsky

DKutrovsky New Member

Banshees and mana mean they can be feedbacked negating they cloak, and they only had like 100-120hp i forget, so they wont take too many hits before they die if visible.

Although vikings are better anti air than wraiths in terms of damage and hp, they lack the biggest advantage of the wraith, its cloak, vs protoss, kill the observer with the wraths and than proceed to kill all the carriers, you wont be able to do that with vikings.

The colossus has like 600-700hp total with shield, how is that not durable? Although it can be hit by anti air, properly supported it will deal a lot of damage and it will deal quite a bit of damage.

As for predators they are more small units killer and defense as far as we know/suspect

2. EonMaster

EonMaster Eeveelution Master

Black City, Unova
    The wraith was the same way with 150 life points. They got killed by any AA defences in only a matter of seconds. But they werestill usable, so I don't see the problem.

3. Patuljak

Patuljak New Member

Slovenia
    As I heard, predators are going to be most useful against capital ships - their intercept ability nullifies the attack and capital ships attack slowly. We'll have to wait and see though.

4. Anubis_theDark

Anubis_theDark New Member

What you've said is not exactly true. Most protoss units though powerfull are verry vulnerable. The colossus is vulnerable ti anti air attacks. Yous said there is no wraith. The viking fighter is verry powerfull. And the protoss no longer have the scout. So a pheonix will be easely pounded by a viking while the warp rays lose too much time fireing on a single unit - a few vikings and goodbye ray. The BC is even more powerfull with those upgradeble weapons, and the mothership though with powerfull abillites on't do shit against the air targets. Also i don't ghink it's time biomb affects the siege tank weapon. From what i've seen it only affects projectile based weapons - the siege weapon is instant. My guess, from what i've seen by now terrans will be a verry big chalange for even the greatest protoss player.

5. DKutrovsky

DKutrovsky New Member

i think colossus, stalkers,and immortals coupled with phase prisms will be used a lot by protoss, just a guess though. I guess we will have to see after all, we can say hipotetical things all day.

6. WuHT

WuHT New Member

The only thing barring stalker-suicide blinks that stop siege tanks from wrecking ground forces is the Hardened shield of the immortals. The thing is just be having this one unit survive seige tanks make the protoss force so much better against terrans.

7. Heavyarms2050

Heavyarms2050 New Member

Well we have the cobras, those can take care of the zealots if there an upgrade to increase there speed

8. DKutrovsky

DKutrovsky New Member

they are considered anti armor units, i dont see them useful vs zealots, vikings are more likely to counter zealots than cobras

9. lurkers_lurk

lurkers_lurk New Member

Red Bluff, CA
    yes, viking have bonus damage vs zealot so that shouldnt be much of a problem, and the cobra is ment for armored units, in the end tho, i agree that bizz will make it all even, or cancel sc2 which will cause the koreans to launch their nuclear weapons at us.^_^

10. BirdofPrey

BirdofPrey New Member

Arizona
    It does not do all that much damage. It is designed to take out infantry so will devastate lightly armored targets but a heavily armored tank or building won't take all that much damage.

Also it might have decent hitpoints but there isn't a single weapon or ability that can't affect it so it will have more units focus firing on it then any other and thus will die quickly. Aircraft get shot down by turrets, ground units get shelled by the tank. Colossus gets both so will die twice as fast as every other unit

11. EonMaster

Black City, Unova
    poor colossus, the colossus needs an ability that will allowing to live longer, maybe faster movement or a way to slow enemy fire. Colossus will be devasted by AA defences.

12. BirdofPrey

BirdofPrey New Member

Arizona
    Why? So it can kill more SCVs and marines?

13. EonMaster

Black City, Unova
    sure, why not? Needs to have something it's good at besides climbing walls.

14. BirdofPrey

BirdofPrey New Member

Arizona
    It is good at something: Royally raping infantry. Workers are in that category BTW. Best base rader ever because they can pop up the cliff; roast the mineral line; then run away and most units can't do a thing to stop it in time

15. EonMaster

Black City, Unova
    Lol, forgot about that. Problem is, cliffs won't be as lightly defended as they were in SC 1. There are sure to be more AA defences than ever before because they will defend against drops and colossus raids. If only it wasn't hit by AA, it would be easier to use.

Btw, colossus is still my favorite new unit for Protoss!

16. DontHate

DontHate New Member

btw, i dont think collosus has plus damage to infantry, pretty sure it's all the same. The stats's say it does 144 damage (not sure over how long) but there is no infantry bonus.

it's just good for infantry becuase it can do the lazer sweep.

17. EonMaster

Black City, Unova
    144 over 3-5 second probably. I wonder if it 144 damage dealt before beam stops. Like if the beam does a certain damage per second, after it would have done 144 damage the beam cut off.

18. WuHT

WuHT New Member

As long as the walk speed is slow ..cliffs wont matter much as siege tanks will likely start pelting colossus before they get into attack range.

19. DKutrovsky

DKutrovsky New Member

i think by the time there colossus you should have a good amount of vikings going and when you see them climbing that cliff just make em into fighters and kill the colossus real quick like

20. EonMaster

Black City, Unova
    The colossus has a lot of weaknesses, hopefully the colossus with have some way to survive against these strategies.