1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Terran TF-620 Nomad Revealed on Starcraft2.com!

Discussion in 'Terran' started by Gasmaskguy, Dec 17, 2007.

Terran TF-620 Nomad Revealed on Starcraft2.com!

Discussion in 'Terran' started by Gasmaskguy, Dec 17, 2007.

1. Gasmaskguy

Gasmaskguy New Member

Sweden
    No, but it could run on energy. When it runs out, the Turret inactivates and fades away like all dead units do.

2. Indigent

Indigent New Member

Well, that would sound unrealistic because at the demo for terran, the guy would be like, "The turrents have to be refilled with amunition so it can continue working for some reason, but the marines do not."

3. Meee

Meee New Member

Poland
    marines don't live long enough to run out of ammo. ever.

4. MeisterX

MeisterX Hyperion

New Port Richey, FL
    I don't know. I had a Marine named Bob once.

My entire mission was to keep him alive until the end of the game.

He was my lucky charm.

One time he got killed :'( Poor Bob. I lost the game because I was so heartbroken.

Stupid Protoss. I took revenge on the offending Dark Templar though.

5. MarineCorp

MarineCorp New Member

England, United Kingdom
    What's this Bob thing? what ums map is this? what mission is this? I would be so happy to see him get killed so many times :)

6. Gasmaskguy

Gasmaskguy New Member

Sweden
    "Will the Nomad build other mechanisms besides the auto-turrets?"

"Yes, the Nomad will be able to build multiple stationary defenses. We are currently testing a few of these, to see which will fit the best for the Nomad."

Blizz answered that question not so long ago.
    So, any ideas?

7. Indigent

Indigent New Member

Immagine a stationairy flamethrower turrent lol. That would be like putting firebats in a bunker versus a marine lol.

8. Rex

Rex New Member

Heres a suggestion, the turret runs on energy, and to deplete the energy 5 bullets cost 1 energy, how does that sound.

@Indigent Seige fire??? NUH-UH! Lol

9. Wlck742

Wlck742 New Member

In your head
    I think a missile/flamethrower turret could be a good idea. Possibly some radar jammers as well that make it impossible for enemies to see a certain part of the minimap even if units are there.

10. EatMeReturns

EatMeReturns Happy Mapper Moderator

Albuquerque, New Mexico
    ::The Terran Turrets, EMR Styles::
    Well, here are my ideas for turrets. Hope they give insight and possibilities to both the gamers and the developers.

-AA Turret: This turret is equipped with anti-air weapons similar to those used in World War II, except much more advanced. The regular steel or lead rounds have been replaced with much harder 50mm Explosive Rounds made of the same material that coats the protoss aircraft. Upon impact, these rounds will detonate at key points in the round, doing maximum damage. However, the turret has a limited supply of these rounds, and will become useless until restocked by an SCV or Nomad. Great for fast anti-air defenses when other anti-air sources are scarce, these turrets really pack a punch.

-RES Turret: The RES Turret, or Recovery/Equipment Turret, is extremely useful in situations where few units are available. These turrets heal any damaged men and/or vehicles that come in direct contact with it. Robotic arms equipped with everything from numbing substances to welding guns unfold from the Turret chassis and get to work. A great combination of the SCV's repair ability and the Medic's heal ability, this turret is a must for any expo.

-EMP Turret: The Electro-Magnetic Pulsar Turret consistently sends out EMP waves similar to the EMP Missile that was equipped on the old Science Vessel class aircraft. This turret has every effect that the old EMP Missile had, except now it also has the ability to momentarily disable enemy mechanical or robotic units. Use this turret in situations where you have no anti-mech or need to remove the energy from enemy spellcasters. This turret lasts two minutes until it must have it's energy restocked by an SCV or Nomad.

11. Indigent

Indigent New Member

RES Turrent sounds more like a RES station instead of a turrent. I still consider it possible. I like those ideas only except the EMP Turrent can't be an EMP turrent, because since the EMP turrent IS a mechanical device, it will be knocked out too. Sounds a little too imballanced, and I don't think turrents have timers anymore, Nomads are like dedicated SCVs that build turrents, now.

12. Gasmaskguy

Gasmaskguy New Member

Sweden
    It has been confirmed that the Cobra wasn't just robbed of his role, but scrapped too.
    ...So maybe one of the turrets will have a slowing effect?

13. Indigent

Indigent New Member

Cobras had slowing effects? A unit that slows one unit at a time is useless unless it is against one zealot or something. I think that a unit dedicated to shooting is beter.

14. Gasmaskguy

Gasmaskguy New Member

Sweden
    Well, the Auto-Turrets already are dedicated to shooting. :)
    One of the other turrets should be more specialized on something like slowing down, reducing armor etc. A Repair Station or a Shield Generator would also be great. The Nomad should not just construct plain turrets.

15. Blackskies

Blackskies New Member

to Zeratul
    Uh just wanted to say that most of the new units they have derive mostly from C&C the mother ship(off tiberium wars) the reapers(tiberium wars.) the robots(tiberium wars.) predator is from empire earth.

starcraft was unoriginal from the beginning for christ sake the response terms the dropship has are from aliens i mean cmon. But its not the originality that makes sc pwn its the stories originality and the balancing and the awsome gameplay that battle.net experience it gave. All i think sc needs is improvements even further into the areas that made it such a great game.

O and the turret will most likely shut down after its ammo runs out. Then explode. Most likely.

16. Indigent

Indigent New Member

Seriously, if the Nomad is dedicated to building stuff and dropping them off, they shouldn't expire. And I like the AOE shield, you can kind of shoot into, but you can walk through it and destroy it. I actually also like the repair, heal station that can be destroyed.

17. EonMaster

EonMaster Eeveelution Master

Black City, Unova
    But if the turrets didn't expire eventually, and didn't need new ammo, they could be way op. The turrets are supposed to be cheap, meaning that with a few nomads, the terran player could build massive amounts of them near any expansion, making them extremely hard for enemies to destroy.

I know Blizzard would balance it out, but how would they do it? By lowering damage and life, they become useless unless in large numbers. Possible ways of doing it without making individual turrets useless would be to:

limit the number each nomad could make- this would make the terrans only be able to create a limited number of turrets, even if they produce a large force of nomads. This makes the turret a decent defence without having them easy to be mass produced and causing enormous problems to the opposing army.

having to pay for ammo- this would make the terran less likely to use them for massive, main defence weapons due to the fact that it could become expensive to keep resupplying them. This is realistic, but could cause problems for terran. A possible issue is what should be the cost per bullet, .5 minerals, .25 minerals, 1 mineral? And how much could it carry? 100-150 sounds like a reasonable amount, but only testing would show how much is needed to make it useful enough for the cost.

only last a limited time- this makes them only last for a short time. Any defence for battle isn't perfect, and the fact that they are made quickly leads to possibilities of shortages and jams. The turrets could short out after being on the field after a few minutes, causing them to explode.

18. BirdofPrey

BirdofPrey New Member

Arizona
    I myself prefer the number of turrets buildby any Nomad to be limited. After you hit that limit you have to dismantle a turret before building another. That or have the first turret self destruct when you build another turret

19. ijffdrie

ijffdrie Lord of Spam

EonMaster, you forgot one point: make the turrets cost minerals and/or gas, i personnaly like this ooption the best cause it gives it the older brother to the scv feel

Edited out quotes. Don't quote more than you type.

20. Indigent

Indigent New Member

I thought that was implied.