1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Terran TF-620 Nomad Revealed on Starcraft2.com!

Discussion in 'Terran' started by Gasmaskguy, Dec 17, 2007.

Terran TF-620 Nomad Revealed on Starcraft2.com!

Discussion in 'Terran' started by Gasmaskguy, Dec 17, 2007.

1. Indigent

Indigent New Member

Well, it makes more sense now. But I never thought of it like that to start with lol.

2. Rex

Rex New Member

Ahhh I see what your getting at so it should be an outpost, and support unit am I right? or no?

3. Indigent

Indigent New Member

It would be neat if they could make vikings while moving like the star base or something.

4. Rex

Rex New Member

What are you trying to get at Indigent, I couldn't really make out what you were trying to say (Maybe I tired, which messes up my head, and posts)

5. Indigent

Indigent New Member

I mean what I said. I think that Nomads should be able to build smaller things while moving, besides turrents. Like maybe even make it the unit that upgrades battle cruisers, you can see the Nomad move next the the battlecruiser attaching all this stuff to the front of the battle cruiser.

6. Rex

Rex New Member

I say nah to it lol, but it sounds good. My Idea is for it to be able to repair stuff, and Drop off like 2 units or something for have like a batch of fresh Marines or Reapers for emergencies. Like if your outpost is being attacked, and you can't get there in time you could use your Nomad and ZOOOM there and drop guys off (They cost you a lot more resources)

7. Indigent

Indigent New Member

So it would be a more expensive drop ship with spells and turrents lol. I like the turrents thing, though.

8. Rex

Rex New Member

No like The ship you but it and it has a Icon and says Reinforce Reapers or Marines, Or even better its own units :D like Broodlings, but I'm not to sure about the energy thing or not :) (And it not a Parasite, like how Broodlings kill their host, its a unit like a Marine)

9. Indigent

Indigent New Member

Insert nanites into a hydralisk lol.

10. Meee

Meee New Member

Poland
    Zeratul, sure we have 10 years of sci-fi movies since sc:bw. Just remember that the terrans did not, they had four years of war and struggle with the Zerg and whatnot. Unless there are units that came directly from relatively safe and peacful Earth, they shouldn't look much better than bw ones. They were waging constant wars between aliens and even between terran factions, in a situation where every piece of minerals counts you don't want to spend it on polishing units so they look better, you want to skip polish on few units to build a new one. As long as it does it's job there's no need to waste any more resources on it.

11. Inside Sin

Inside Sin Active Member

Earth
    I am strangely curious into how this unit will work in strategies. I guess its got its part.

Does it repair other Air units? If so, cool!

12. ijffdrie

ijffdrie Lord of Spam

im sorry zeratul but these are the looks and the reasons why they have or havent changed:

protoss, light and shine, they got new dark ones cause of the dark templar
    terran, gritty and bulky, all the battles between protoss and zerg took place on terran planets(except aiur) becuase of this the terran took the most damage and needed to rebuilt fast, so they didnt even attach safety stuff to there weapons, let alone shiny look and research for new weapons
    zerg, biological, they are all flesh and bones

13. zeratul11

zeratul11 New Member

ok thanks Meee and ijffdrei and to others i forgot to mention. i got it but... (kinda tired right now so il explain my point on some other time and thread. xp

14. Sync

Sync New Member

This is sweet, I simply can't wait until they release it.

15. DE.50

DE.50 New Member

Washington
    So I like the nomad now, it has kinda grown on me. I think that Blizz should tone down the brightness of it, but other than that it is fine.

I think when the info on it says stuff about making different types of turrets that won't be applicable in the game, like when the bio talks about the multiple abilities of the stalker, it doesn't actually mean that it can do anything other than blink.

I think that the other abilities will definitely be the defensive matrix as an AOE, and maybe a healing spell. I am not sure how I feel about the nomad getting a free healing spell, if it costs money that would be fine.

16. Indigent

Indigent New Member

I think it uses energy. That is what everyone else is saying. Reasonable idea. And I don't know if they are going to have other skills, most things released on the website are usually near what they are going to be later on. They didn't even mention the abilities.

17. the8thark

the8thark New Member

For me I'd have the turret created by the Nomad made, costing minerals. And it's have an ammo counter. And when it's out of ammo it just sits there doing nothing. But for a small mineral fee a Nomad could refill it's supply to fire again. I think that's more realistic than it having energy and disappearing after that's all run out.

18. Meloku

Meloku New Member

The nomad........................................................
    Has grown on me XD

19. EonMaster

EonMaster Eeveelution Master

Black City, Unova
    I like the8tharc's idea. It would take decent micro to use, but it very realistic. It would be an excellent reason for calling it a semi-permanent defence because it needs to be restocked regularly be be any defence at all.

I think it would have 100 ammo when fully stocked, and cost .5 minerals per bullet to restock it at any time. So to restock it when it has 90 ammo would cost less than to restock it at 10 ammo.

20. Pure Vengeance

Pure Vengeance New Member

I think this is the best idea I have herd in a LONG time (the turret ammo thing)... That was well thought out and makes sense unlike other thoughts like "It has a timer"... So it is set to explode on time? :p