1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Terran TF-620 Nomad Revealed on Starcraft2.com!

Discussion in 'Terran' started by Gasmaskguy, Dec 17, 2007.

Terran TF-620 Nomad Revealed on Starcraft2.com!

Discussion in 'Terran' started by Gasmaskguy, Dec 17, 2007.

1. longlivefenix

longlivefenix New Member

i think that they should have a very weak repair ability like the medics with a nifty little attaching animation where it like lands on the unit to repair it ( except with like vikings which are too small, they would float next to em and the repair guns would fly out and, well, repair :p )
    the repair would probably be slower than the medics heal

2. Overling

Overling New Member

Well, Nomads in the lore are cheaper Science Vessels that hold a close relationship with the SCVs. So if it looks less hi-tech, it is fitting. Hi-tech wouldn't match something made to be practical. Terran units are replaceable, they shouldn't be expensive.

3. Shadow Templar

Shadow Templar New Member

I was just thinking, they said that it is the big brother of the SCV, and the only ability they released is the auto turret. What happened to nanite repair and defense matrix?

Perhaps, they are contemplating making all of the Nomad's abilities turret based? Like instead of a defense matrix, he drops a shield generator? Or a repair station instead of the insta-cast nanite repair? He could even have an EMP bomb or something? I think he would be a lot more fun that way.

Just a thought.....

4. BirdofPrey

BirdofPrey New Member

Arizona
    I actually like the idea of a mobile shield generator or repair station but I believe it does still have a repair feature on the NOmad already and defense matrix

5. Yrcrazypa

Yrcrazypa New Member

Why does everyone think the nomad is so ugly? I actually think it looks pretty cool.

6. Light

Light Guest

It looks like its gonna fall apart any time...

when that happens I will look pretty pissed -.-

7. zeratul11

zeratul11 New Member

lol. i've been talking about alien the movie being related to starcraft in MANY thread. have you been reading my post. sorry.

anyway like i said (blizzard) im sure is trying NOT to make sc2 to be based only on alien movies anymore. HELL NO! there is'nt even a true war going on in alien movies. Blizz and we have seen a lot of sci fi things since then (10 years ago). Its about time the terran looks more RICHER, POWERFUL, less dirt, has a bit shine, less dark, stylish in someway, UPDATED etc. yes BW was based more or less on alien movie thats why we got a gay ghost and sissy mediocre marines in battle of amerigo and a WWII tank in the ambush. thats what you get from being nostalgic. and as far as i can see starcraft 2 now, they made a big leap from everything starcraft 1 was.UPDATED. just check out the new mini mech like marine (<- NO "alien movie" thing related here) . Things should change dramatically and its the right thing to do to catch up with the current sci fi trend! i mean 2400 + in the future? like i said a million times, we and blizzard were very much LIMITED back 10 years ago (imagination, artistic concept, etc).. thats why we can only have a mediocre mech like the goliath for the terran.

dont say you are satisfied with everything lorewise in bw. im sure BW had some flaws and mistakes for the terran lorewise. back then it was perfect badass, and accpetable because we were not 10 years better. NOW it is just OK and obviously we can see now terran was lacking in many ways and badly needs to be updated.

ok. im not saying that if its high tech it should look sleek and rounded, and shiny etc. NO! i just wanted a little more detail and more mechanical high tech shape for the nomad or terran overall. i can draw some example but im kinda tired. =\

take this for example.. matrix, warhammer, supremecommander, starwars, universe at war, etc.. now this are the stuffs of what sc2 has to follow NOT alien movies anymore. ok dont say sc has its own universe and doesn't need to be compared to other sci fi because

reapers (jet packs units in warhammer)
    colossus (war of the worlds)
    predator (i think it looks like some fighter in the recent SW movies)
    thor (well supreme commaner has some giant mehcs and warhammer 40k has TITAN).
    viking (transformers maybe)
    motherships (independence day)

and so on.

ok maybe they are not copied or whatever but the idea is there.

::)

8. Gasmaskguy

Gasmaskguy New Member

Sweden
    Hey, I already suggested the shield generator/repair station idea on page 3. ;)

9. Pure Vengeance

Pure Vengeance New Member

Once it falls apart you can add it into the space junk section... No one wants a non operational scv...

Okay, realisticaly I can see why it looks as is but I am sorry it look terrible. The lights are probably the only part of it that I agree fits.

The turret is a nice idea though... I can see attacking a base and placing the turrets on the sides of ramps I went up or down to get into their base so then I can use them as cover to retreat or to give the upper edge in battle... There is my run on of the day :)

10. Gasmaskguy

Gasmaskguy New Member

Sweden
    @Zeratul11.

You can't use "they copied them and that" as an argument. It simply sucks. :p
    For instance, Blizz might have been inspired by the 40k jetpack unit, but wasn't Boba Fett (Star Wars)
    even before that? And Boba Fett is most certainly not the first guy in sci-fi history with a jetpack.

Everything gets inspiration from something. It's hard, if not impossible to be 100% original nowadays.

11. zeratul11

zeratul11 New Member

Edited out quotes. Please read the forum rules and refrain from quoting unnecessarily.

I KNOW... but im just saying we did not have them before in BW simply because we were limited or whatever you wanna call it back then. and making teh nomad look more detailed or better wont hurt. xp

12. Shadow Templar

I thought someone brought it up already, but I read most this last night, and it was 6 pages by then. However, how cool would it be if the Nomad was a moving dispenser of fun toys. You can't deny it. Gasmask knows what I'm talking about...lol

13. Gasmaskguy

Gasmaskguy New Member

Sweden
    Lol. What me and Temp are thinking (atleast me :p) is that adding more plain turrets would be dull and slightly overlap with other turrets/units. Instead, make the already existing abilities Repair and/or Shield into generators/stations. That way you could drop a Repair Station and make use of your Nomads detection/other abilites elsewhere while the RS takes care of the repairing for either a timer or a cost.

14. PreatorTengil

PreatorTengil New Member

You mean in starcraft right? I can't recall ever seeing a DT die in starcraft 2 so far. Or where u at blizzcon? If so, how did it look like?

15. zeratul11

zeratul11 New Member

16. BloodHawk

BloodHawk Member

CT, USA
    I really like the overall concept of the empty bay area with the welder arms swinging around it. But I hate the look of the arms. Like Bird O' Prey said, those discs are way too big compared to the ship and arms themselves. Look at the Nomad from the back and you gotta wonder how those things don't just fall right off when under small arms fire. Make the mounts smaller as he suggested or have them stick right out of the thing. The cockpit looks really boxy, although I do like how the back of it pops open when the ship is building.

I can live with that stuff the way it is now...but the fucking yellow/gold. That seems like a really fucking lazy way of making it look more like a construction vehicle. Lazy is a word I've never associated with Blizzard's design work before, but thats my take on the coloring here.

It's about as lazy as using the word "fuck" to convey anger over a subject.

In the real word construction workers and vehicles are clad in bright orange or yellow to make them more visible. Perfect sense when you don't want to get plowed by a car on the freeway. That kinda visibility in a war zone? Leave the fucking highlighter at boot camp please.

17. Rex

Rex New Member

Zomg very ugly, but awesome information. I'd like to ask what are those green transparent things on the picture, is that what the Nomad shoots? The Nomad also looks like a ship to check on battles and see how they are doing, since they have the lights and stuff (Similar to the video where they unleash the Zerg on the men, for testing).

Edit:The siege tanks look ugly, they looked better in SC Original compared to that. I'd also like to say the turrets make SC 2 look like Megaman >.> Which is bad! I also found out what those green things are.

18. TerranGod

TerranGod New Member

the ability is ok...the turret omg is awesome

nomad itself...;fkasjd,m/we i hate it...
    it looks gay, looks like a weak-ass noob fighting that resembles too much of an SCV and more useless than a science vessel even though the describtion says it is better than a science vessel...

akward.......

siege tank looks...kinda squished if you ask me

19. Rex

Rex New Member

Hrm mostly same color to me, so it all blends in, not too good. So what would happen if you send like 24 Nomads into someone's base and place like turrets all around their resource mining area wouldn't that be hard since they are fast and a lot of them can pass through defenses? After that the enemy could send in Battle Cruisers, Thors, or Vikings (W/e those transforming units are I forgot) and don't forget you are weak and the enemy is sending strong units in (Oh yea and banshees)

20. Shadow Templar

We are definitely on the same page. I mean, it makes a lot more sense that it would make turrets/ platforms instead of using spells. The Nomad is a construction ship: as seen by the bright colors, big box cockpit, and construction arms. It should build things.
    Its different from the Science Vessel in the fact that the Science Vessel was a science facility on the move. It housed labs and experiments. It used these to cast spells like Irridate and EMP.
    However, it is clearly seen that the Nomad has no room for such labs for spells. However, it has a platform to build things. However, they share the same/similar role. Therefore, it make sense that the Nomad should build turrets, generator, stations or platforms to cast it's spells for it.