1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Terran TF-620 Nomad Revealed on Starcraft2.com!

Discussion in 'Terran' started by Gasmaskguy, Dec 17, 2007.

Terran TF-620 Nomad Revealed on Starcraft2.com!

Discussion in 'Terran' started by Gasmaskguy, Dec 17, 2007.

1. i2new@aol.com

i2new@aol.com New Member

lol, i love those new turrents, do they only shoot ground? and how long do they last??

2. ijffdrie

ijffdrie Lord of Spam

those are unknowns

3. i2new@aol.com

i2new@aol.com New Member

gggrrrr dang you blizzard !! The website dosent show defence matrix... i hope the nomad still has that!

4. ijffdrie

ijffdrie Lord of Spam

it also has a very cool EMP

5. Gasmaskguy

Gasmaskguy New Member

Sweden
    They are GtG (ground). But how long they last is unknown.

EDIT* yes, a very cool EMP.

6. blizzrox

blizzrox New Member

after a month - 4 days or something, we get this, ...somewhat disappointing ...oh well, well will zerg be released ? wernt they saying somewhat about end 07 ? and i dont see an another major update before nxt month at this rate...

7. i2new@aol.com

i2new@aol.com New Member

has any one seen what the defence matrix looks like??

8. MeisterX

MeisterX Hyperion

New Port Richey, FL
    Yes, it's very similar to the previous animation in SC1 but it can be deployed en masse and affects friendly as well as enemy units within its AoE so you have to be careful where you cast it.

I also hate the way the Nomad looks, but it appears that its skin won't change too much since we've expressed our distaste for its look to Blizzard and no change has occurred. In fact they felt it was ready enough to be released... :-\

Oh well.. give us our Q&A for the week now!

9. ninerman13

ninerman13 New Member

This is far from disappointing. Remember - we are lucky that Blizzard is even showing us all of this stuff so early before the game is even in Alpha stage!

I have also decided that I am over the 'ugliness' of the Nomad. Yeah it could stand to lose it's gold color, but the design has started to grow on me. The Turret ability is sweet (I also imagine it works like the Broodlings as far as how long it lasts) and will be able to be used offensively as well as defensively. I bet though that the different types of turrets are only lore and we can only use the auto-turret in game. I do wonder what other abilities it has though - the site did not mention Defensive Matrix or Nano-Repair, and EMP went to the Ghost. Hopefully it still has the first two.

10. i2new@aol.com

i2new@aol.com New Member

I think its so funny a mounth ago every body said the nomad looked so freakin ugly and they hated it 100% now from what i can see in just this post it looks like half thoes people have changed there minds about it, or atleast a good hand full of the people have swaded to the favor of the nomad. I still wish it was sliver. The design can stay but its golden look makes it a little too noticable unless ur fighting protoss :)

11. Spartan

Spartan New Member

The shape of it displeases my eyes.

12. carousel

carousel New Member

It looks crazy but i love it. You know, with that clamp shape, it would be perfect for lowering onto thors and picking them up....

13. Indigent

Indigent New Member

The protoss are the yellowy kind of race. Putting that on terran will look a little wierd. I think that the auto turrents will be built inside the nomad and deployed when they want to. Not like build it on the floor up. The auto turrents should not be auto though, put a little person on the other side of it. It shouldn't have timed affect, that kind of ruin the defensive part of the auto turrent. I hope that these turrents are expendable and won't cost too much, otherwise we would be beter off using a ghost to drop a drop pod or drop ship. And yeah! They do look like they could hook up to a thor or something lol.

14. ninerman13

ninerman13 New Member

The auto-turrets are built using nanotechnology (information from the website) and this is why they are built so fast. And while lore-wise it doesn't really make sense for the turret to have a timed effect, game-wise it is essential for balancing purposes.

15. Mrmcmadman

Mrmcmadman New Member

They'll probably have an ammo counter or something similar, when that runs out *POOF*

16. ShasOkais

ShasOkais New Member

Canada
    how does the turret expire? I thought civilians volunteered to man the machine guns instead

17. 10-Neon

10-Neon New Member

Gainesville, FL
    Ok, I have a serious question. Is there actually a place where "turret" is spelled "turrent?" I see it spelled like that all over the place, and it confuses me, because spoken aloud, the word does not even imply an N in the spelling.

As for the unit, I am not happy about the model or the coloration. It doesn't even come close to matching the coolness of the Science Vessel, which, as some might remember, looked good enough to be featured on the autorun screen for the original game.

18. MeisterX

MeisterX Hyperion

New Port Richey, FL
    Urban Dictionary:

Turrent -

A common misspelling of the word "turret," usually made by people with a fourth-grade education.

Turrents r kOOL!!!!!!!!!!!!

19. Indigent

Indigent New Member

I R NOT A 4OURTH GRATER!

20. capthavic

capthavic New Member

• I don't mind the basic appearance of it but those side construction arms are just ugly. They really need to redesign them so they don't sick out so bad.

Well it's possible that they sped things up for demo purposes.

Anyway I'm still disappointed that Blizzard has ignored our unanimous request to change it's appearance. I hope they bring back the Predator (or something similar) because I'm starting to worry about the final product.