1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Terran super unit

Discussion in 'Terran' started by Remy, Jun 1, 2007.

Terran super unit

Discussion in 'Terran' started by Remy, Jun 1, 2007.

1. l2k

l2k New Member

Thanks for clarifying that. According to the article, Ion cannon is particularly devastating against electrical devices. So I doubt its effectiveness against the Zergs ::)

2. asdfasdf9876

asdfasdf9876 New Member

i think the terrans should get a giant ass robot, that u can make by comining all ur buildings. basically ur base is just a giant walking robot all ur buildings will be a part of the robot. and it is soo big, the protoss mothership can just fit in the palm of his hands. so if they ever send a mothership at you, the robot can just grab it and eat it like a pancake. and if they send a swam of zealots or zerglings u can just step on them.

3. CarriersMustReturn

CarriersMustReturn New Member

Flagship

Time Freeze.

Death Hole.

Lazah Beam.

Oh yah. :good:

4. reject_666_6

reject_666_6 New Member

^^ Yeah, just Nuke the Robot three times, or if you're poor, just Yamato it with your entire fleet and it's Game Over... literally!

5. Pix

Pix New Member

Oh, it's not like the ENTIRE SENSORY SYSTEM of living organisms is based on electrical impulses of the brain or anything, oh no...
    This is simple biology, people! =P
    ~Pix~

6. coalescence

coalescence New Member

Dude, its just like an EMP. EMP does nothing to living creatures, except when its wearing a pacemaker.

7. Pix

Pix New Member

...You realise that EMP is produced by Nuclear Bombardment, right? Not dangerous to living creatures? o_O
    Unless of course you're talking about NNEMP =P

8. coalescence

coalescence New Member

Yes, so? We're talking about the electric magnetic pulse, not the other effects of the bomb (fuck heat and radiation ;D). Is it so hard to keep things seperated?

9. Remy

Remy New Member

US East Coast
    That's how tasers work. They mess with you nerve impulses which are electric signals.

It's electrOmagnetic pulse btw.

10. T-man

T-man New Member

Everyone is partially correct. EMPs are normally produced by nuclear detonations, but they need not be.
    In addition, tasers do mess with your body by supplying high voltage, low current electrical fields in your body.
    The final thing is that EMPs overload electrical equipment and circuitry by many means, but not by applying a high voltage, low current field. So EMPs that are produced other than by Nuclear Detonations (such as those created by exploding wire experiments) have minimal effect on organics.
    SC already demonstrated this with the Science Vessel's EMP detonation. The EMP simply removed energy and shields, you will note that it did no damage to armor.

11. 10-Neon

10-Neon New Member

Gainesville, FL
    My US Government teacher knew a lot about the US nuclear arsenal, and the different types of nukes the army had come up with.
    Most nukes are/were tactical nukes, small nukes intended to gain an advantage in battle. One of them was to be used a depth charge against subs, another one was to be detonated in air, using it's EMP to wipe out the systems in enemy planes, and still others were to be used on tanks.

12. Hellbringer

Hellbringer New Member

Technically wouldn't the Terran counter to the Mothership be EMP, then mass anti-aircraft? Such as Yamato and Goliath attacking in tandem? I would assume the Mothership's weakness is long reload times on the various superweapons and the fact they require energy to function - much like the High Templar and the Psi Storm. If that is, in fact its weakness - Terrans are still a big threat with their Science Vessels. Zerg is just a swarmer - cover the place in scourge and hyrdralisks... It will go down by that...

13. mc2

mc2 New Member

The lockdown would also be a useful tool on countering mothership.

14. PrivateJoker

PrivateJoker New Member

Yea, thats pretty silly. I think a super mech Goliath that is very expensive, functions as a mobile bunker, and has a powerful anti air missles that does splash, I am thinking like a weaker reaver blast that hits air in a wider splash.

15. PrivateJoker

PrivateJoker New Member

Brilliant Idea for the Terran's "super unit"...*discuss*

Ok, so what the Terran really need is a GIANT GOliath that goes into flying mode, shoots lasers out of its eyes, fires siege attacks out of its fingers, and for a super move, randomly fires 50 nukes in random areas all over the map. Also when you upgrade attacks the super weapon yells; "MEGA GOLIATH POWERING UP! TERRAN UPGRADES ARE RAD DUDES!" Or something like that. Anyways the point is this unit would be the great equalizer. It sounds overpowered but if you think about the random nukes could accidentally blow up the player that launches them. Maybe the ability could be called Armageddon? If this is too much than maybe instead the Goliath should have an "ultra-kick" move, where it runs into a town and using a melee attack can kick over buildings, and dump the Terran commanders latrine contents onto the heads of unsuspecting probes.!! ;D

To make matters worse this new super unit can fly to the moon and then fly back with supplys, and yes you guessed fresh new Terran War Hookers, who can bunker up in the super Goliath and throw their panties out the window. The rampant odor of the TWH panties will send Zerg units into lustful frenzies, with Zerglings turning on Overlords, Hydras turning on mutas, all whilst the Terran run laughing to the bank, with the perfect decoy attack.

I just want to thank this forum for honoring me, by hailing me as a modern starcraft genius, I humbly accept. Yes, yes if you meet me in person I will give you an autograph, and I will also put on lipstick and kiss pictures of Zerglings, that you can hang on your walls. Thank you for the standing obation, you folks have been great.
    *Stands, then bows. Steps forward and slips on a Hydra-Turd, falling off the podium snapping his neck. Then a horde of festive little Zerglings run forward and starts chewing on the dead body. One adorable blood soaked Zergling croaks; save some meat for the scourge!*

:good:

PrivateJoker

16. [LightMare]

[LightMare] New Member

Re: Brilliant Idea for the Terran's "super unit"...*discuss*

we've got goliaths already, and i particularly don't like them. there is no need for a terran superunit
    tempest dies in 1 yamato cannon, mothership compensates.

17. PrivateJoker

PrivateJoker New Member

Your right, but we can always dream, we can always dream.

18. [LightMare]

[LightMare] New Member

true that. *i have a dream. that something really cool happens, and starcraft 2 is released tomorrow with everything they planned for it*

19. LoserInLosing

LoserInLosing New Member

50 nukes in random areas?? yea and then all 50 blows up ur entire base all ur buildings all ur units and game over for u

20. PowerkickasS

PowerkickasS New Member

classification of lol:
    level 0: bad joke yuck
    level 1: silly but innocently funny
    level 2: overdoing sillyness to lame
    level 3: so lame it's funny
    level 4: superlameness trying to be clever, bad intent, not funny
    level 5: lame using lame and pretends to be lame, lol?
    level 6: WTFfreak
    level 7: this
    level 8: harrison ford in Hollywood Homicide DX
    level 9: jim carrey XD