1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Terran Salvage Ship

Discussion in 'Terran' started by Imagine., Jun 26, 2007.

Terran Salvage Ship

Discussion in 'Terran' started by Imagine., Jun 26, 2007.

1. PowerkickasS

PowerkickasS New Member

not even a hybrid :O
    it will have like 5 health because it short circuits from any damage

2. Imagine.

Imagine. New Member

Who said they are being environmentally friendly? Is it because you usually associate the term "recycle" with the environment? The recycle I am talking about is about reusing parts.

What do the contractors use to salvage the remains? And why not have the Salvage ship's collection as a passive ability? I'm sure Blizzard can make small animations of little drones collecting parts in a certain radius. Look at the Orc's pillage, it does not actually show them stealing does it?

If you could take into account what I said earlier, I think a Salvage ship would be a great addition.

3. paragon

paragon Guest

Don't you remember the opening cinematic of starcraft where the salvagers get obliterated by the protoss? They use space ships and stuff.

4. Imagine.

Imagine. New Member

My point exactly. :p

5. Ghost

Ghost New Member

It would just be another idea from WC3 being implemented into SC2, if you have played WC3, the undead have Meat Wagons, which collect corpses from the battle field for later uses such as healing, reanimating for battle, launching disease into enemy troops and to be used as siege weapons.

Its obviously different, but it has the same general idea, im not saying I dont like the idea, but it just seems repetitive.

EDIT: Corrected loads of typos.

6. Imagine.

Imagine. New Member

And how did the Meat Wagon fair? Was it good? What's wrong with using a good idea again? I think it would be neat to have Blizzard implementing things that were successful in WarCraft 3 into StarCraft 2. It makes our game play more enjoyable. Besides, StarCraft 2 looks like it uses the WarCraft 3 game engine anyway.

7. Ghost

Ghost New Member

Actually it was very useful for the undead, nothing it wrong with the idea as I said. But the meat wagons where primary target and had very low hp. Anyway, will salvage ships have to return to the CC to leave the salvages mats or just get them added to you reasource pool straight ahead?

8. paragon

paragon Guest

People would load corpses into wagons then unload them and have necros make a ton of skeletons.
    I don't think anything in SC should have something that has to do with stealing corpses.

9. Imagine.

Imagine. New Member

That is a pretty damn good question Ghost! I think Salvage ships should be medium sized and capable of processing the salvaged material on their own... But wow man! Good question and I do not think I fully answered it.

10. Ghost

Ghost New Member

It would if they decide to give zerg a similar ability to cannibalize :p

11. Ghost

Ghost New Member

:thumbup:

12. L0ck and L04d

L0ck and L04d New Member

I'll never forget that brave Mexican guy that gave his life to make a cool intro...lady's and gentlement, a moment of silence please...

13. lilchibikun

lilchibikun New Member

it would be totally awesome if one of the unit designers read this! then they could think about this and design a salvage ship for terran. hehe.

they might wanna add a lottt of life to these units tho :p