1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Terran Mongrel

Discussion in 'Terran' started by kuvasz, Jun 10, 2008.

Terran Mongrel

Discussion in 'Terran' started by kuvasz, Jun 10, 2008.

1. i2new@aol.com

i2new@aol.com New Member

yeah i kinda figered that would happen but what about the passangers abilitys. are they still usable??

2. kuvasz

kuvasz Corrections Officer

Hungary
    The second seat idea is absurd. It doesn't even make sense or sound right.

3. Yamato_Cannon

Yamato_Cannon New Member

Virginia, United States
    Hmm... Wont the second person slow down the bike too much for it to be useful? Btw, that just gave me a good idea for a unit we could make in SC2. Either a jeep, where all units inside could still shoot, or an apc, where they are stored using the same mechanic a dropship has.

It could make for some kewl cutscenes.

4. LxMike

LxMike New Member

why absurd , can you give me a reason. I mean in halo 3 the bike got 2 seat driver+passenger, so it could be a anti tank if the passenger carry a rocket launcher, a anti infantry if the passenger got a assault rifle

5. kuvasz

Hungary
    That's my opinion because I can't imagine combining two units in the Terran arsenal, partly because that's already available for the Protoss, and partly because it'd look silly, but mainly because it'd make it overpowered without nerfing its stats to a ridiculous level (and to the extent where it would be useless on its own).

I intended this unit to be the indirect substitute for the vulture, which was a bike, yet you din't see a pathetic child seat on its back.

6. LxMike

LxMike New Member

well i mean this could open a lot of possibilities, and since Zerg got the Queen and Protoss got warp in as new feature, Terran should have a garrison system

7. Ghillie

Ghillie New Member

Looks like a vacuum cleaner...

8. CannonFodder

CannonFodder New Member

Somewhere near you
    I really this idea and the the suggestion that the unit should be able to carry a second unit. However IMO some units should not be allowed on the bike for balencing reasons. Mainly I'm talking about the maurder and reaper, as IMO they would make this unit too overpowering. If someone asks for a lorewise explanation, the maurder and the reaper are both too large with their armour and would weigh the bike down too much.
    Also i think that this unit should gas to balance it movement ability.

9. freedom23

freedom23 New Member

i rather have this as an air unit.. its gonna be like a flying bunker lol

10. i2new@aol.com

i2new@aol.com New Member

I agree with too this unit shoul have gas, Or better yet you said befor the unit needs an upgrade to cross all terrains so after the upgrade the unit will also have a gas coast added. but it would be really small like 25 gas. And having some units not being able to sit on the back would be for balancing. Atleast the marauder, i'm not really sure about the reaper but i'm 100% sure the marauder is a NO-NO. sloing+super speed=OP. The reaper on the back might not be that OP unless they can use there abilitys then theres a problem.

11. Gasmaskguy

Gasmaskguy New Member

Sweden
    The mobility of this unit would be overshadowed by the Viking's superior mobility.

12. kuvasz

Hungary
    This unit would be available sooner than the viking if the viking has the same requirements as the goliath, especially if the air form has to be researched. Not to mention that this unit moves a bit faster and deals a totally different damage type. I don't see any overlap, not even in mobility (they cross different terrains in different ways - one is an air unit the other is a ground unit).

13. CannonFodder

CannonFodder New Member

Somewhere near you
    Agreed I dont the viking would overlap very much with unit, because their roles are so different and their difference on the tech tree.

14. LxMike

LxMike New Member

can't it would be a C&C 3 expansion rip off

btw I talk about it in the chat and we conclude that instead the passenger shoot (like inside a bunker), they will just giving the bike special abilities.

+medic: add healing ability
    +Ghost: add spy detection and more sight range
    +marine: increase fire power
    +SCV: Hp regeneration
    +reaper: increase RoF
    +marauder: add slow ability

15. CannonFodder

CannonFodder New Member

Somewhere near you
    that would make this unit very powerful especially with the medic and marauder, as it could either heal itself or slow and destroy enemies at a distance. Which would in turn make the stats very low to balance IMO.Also if this was put into place the medic would overlap with the SCV.

16. Juggernaught131

Juggernaught131 New Member

America
    sounds like a unit only good for the custom games later on like the zombie survival maps lol