1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Terran is Getting Ridiculously Good

Discussion in 'Terran' started by DKutrovsky, Feb 9, 2008.

Terran is Getting Ridiculously Good

Discussion in 'Terran' started by DKutrovsky, Feb 9, 2008.

1. PancakeChef

PancakeChef New Member

United States
    This forum has never been that friendly and I have been here since July 2007. There will always be those that will eat you alive for every little thing out there.

The thing about pro players and newbie players is that the newbie players will always be unpredictable in what they will do with pros you usually have a basic idea.

2. zeratul11

zeratul11 New Member

yes, im sure there are lot here who hates me very much and there are some discrimination here going on. =x

3. ItzaHexGor

ItzaHexGor Active Member

Sydney, Australia
    I'm not talking about game between a pro and a noob. I'm talking about giving a pro a balanced army, and giving a noob a balanced army that could be up to twice the size of the pro's army. There is every chance that the pro will be able to score a convincing win over the noob because of all the new mechanics and tactics. Apart from making units attack the units it gets a damage bonus over, there are so many possibilities with all the new abilities.
    What I'm saying is that people will require more than brute force to overcome their enemies in StarCraft2, whereas in StarCraft1, the only thing fool-proof counter to brute force tactics, is even stronger brute force.

4. furrer

furrer New Member

Denmark
    Now when you are talking about the pros, do you know how much a terran pro player microed his MM to win against zerglings + lurkers? Mass MM couldnt work if you couldnt micro them well on that level... So what you say is not right... Even in SCBW players needed to micro to win, it wasnt just "who has the most win"...

5. jrc3234

jrc3234 New Member

I agree with furrer, you can't just mass and win, or just bring more units to the battle, you have to manage them.

6. Psionicz

Psionicz New Member

Under Your Bed
    So you're telling me M&M could beat 150 Hydralisks?
    12+ Ultralisks in your base wasn't win?

7. Meloku

Meloku New Member

well then you fail. Ground to air owns. (especially against dedicated air to air targets.)

8. DKutrovsky

DKutrovsky New Member

3-4x12 marines + 12 medics with with 6-7 tanks > 150 hydralisks
    Tanks + irradiate > ultralisks

You need a lot of micro to survive vs a good terran player as zerg, same goes for a terran player vs a good zerg player.

Although in the end, in all pro games it comes down to who will be able to mine more resources and outproduce their oponnent.

9. zeratul11

zeratul11 New Member

yes i know it owns but have you read my reasons why i think it would be bad.

10. Kaosspy

Kaosspy New Member

First off Toss is God, I met maybe 1 Terran who beat me in all my victories on SC1, and taht guy was beyond what it takes to be a good players.... So beyond skillz? I don't know but yeah that guy was incredible with his MM skills, i mean he used every trick in the book and me and my partner couldn't beat this guy 2v1, although to set it straight my partner's base got destroyed in the begining so he cam over to my base and build his stuff inside my base, but yeah could make an argument i didn't have enough space to really get a production going but the guy insisted on teching but yeah crazy as it is i doni't harbor any ill feelings torwrdas my fellow soilder, but yeah i was just really impressed with the terrain overall counter measures they could employ agianst the Toss, but zerg hah no problem, well kinda problem if you think about it cause they were like idk massed so easily you litterally coudln't stop building hive after hive after hive just to get rid of all your propfit, i know i was zerg 1/3 of the time, but favorite strat of all time, cannon up and mass out carriers, it worked great 75% of the time but yeah get enough drones and you can make as much money as you want, pretty cool eh, well i mean the amount of money you make directly determines how well you will play because A, you get more 2nd chances, and B you can create more powerful units faster if you build right, so yea diffinently a game that you will see a lot of me in. Top 100 on ladder i think... hahah just playing

11. Chax424

Chax424 New Member

A
    My mistake than, apologies.

Kaosspy:

Thats impressive stuff. I'll be interested to see the same type of circumstances in SC2. The Protoss were always beast like. Epic warriors. They don't fit my personal style, which is cheep cannon fodder with good support then raids on the side. Naturally I couldn't be happier with how the Terran are shaping up. In a stright up fight, however, my $$$ would be on Protoss.
    Now...if we could only see some Zerg...

PS: Out of curiosity, for those of you who use Firefox or other browsers with built in spell check, how many of you have added Protoss, Zerg and Terran to the Dictionary? :p

12. motto

motto New Member

terran = so so

13. L89

L89 New Member

I almost felt like beat boxing along to your post, Kaosspy. That's if I can beat box and hold a long-enough breath at the same time ;) Btw, welcome to Starcraft2forum.org

I don't care what happens though...my choice is basically done already since I never play Zerg and Protoss - though awesome - is not going to waver my faith in the Terran. The M cubed attack, with stronger marines and a better bunker (ie heal) is has become more deadly. The new Ghost can finally be respectfully regarded as superior to the marine with a snipe, emp and a even more dangerous drop pod ability. The Terran raiding branch is also aided by the reaper, though I guess I will prefer using Vikings and/or Banshees which also serve as supporting units to the Terran ground force. In addition, these two units will be vital against the marine's greatest enemy, the Colossus, while the Viking also beefs up the protection against Air-to-Ground threats. Also, I've finally accepted the Nomad for who it is, not what it was (ie I no longer have any regrets that the Science Vessel is truly a thing of the past).

Finally, any Terran force will not be complete without the mightily feared Siege Tanks, whose sound will still inject fear into the hearts of the mightiest Protoss warrior. Its booming echoes will once more reflect off the valley walls in the aftermaths of each battle, resonating in harmonious accompaniment with the smouldering remains of those unfortunate mindless zergs sent into such suicidal kamakaze missions.

14. Kaosspy

Kaosspy New Member

Sincerly, thanks for the support...

Side Note: The Terrian race funnest, Protoss Cheasiest, Zerg Cheesiest.... But it will be interesting to see if the men and women at blizz will do to correct the steriotype, hah i know i spelt that wrong. But yea, the key to any RTS is balance, balance in yoru army,, your build, and overall gameplay...

15. marinepower

marinepower New Member

Fairfax
    Nah, that's all a matter of oppinion, since many people view the terran as one of the less exciting races, especially in pro games. Anyways, it might be true that the Terran race is getting good, but that's only because it's the race that blizzard is working on at the moment. As some people have mentioned above me, however, they blatantly lack a good air to air fighter. I can't image a player using marines or ghosts to take on a mothership, so the only practical unit the Terrans have right now is the air mode viking.

I haven't posted on this site in a few months, so bear with me if my posts aren't the best. I'm working on it.

16. Chax424

Chax424 New Member

A
    I've seen many pro Korean players use Terran. I think Blizz did a damn good job of balancing all of em, if you use them right.

17. marinepower

marinepower New Member

Fairfax
    Yeah, many famous Korean players use terran. Boxer etc. I'm just saying that the progamers usually go for more standard builds compared to the other races.

18. Anansi_Tragoudia

Anansi_Tragoudia New Member

Personally I love the Zerg. It's the lore, and love of biology that draws me in. Although, I do not play 'like a Zerg Player'.

My favorite strategy is to:

• Specialized 'strike teams' to cripple and debilitate the enemy (status effects welcome :) )
    • Heavy ability use to prevent the loss of life.
    • Overwhelm defenseless opponents
    Ironically, I only like to mass against defenseless opponents. I have somewhat of a sadistic play style :no:, I'd be a good Cerebrate :p

The Protoss are awesome, but too straightforward for my liking (protocol and orthodoxy=bad), although I am a fan of their surgical strikes.
    Terran are cool, but feel too ragtag for my tastes. I feel as if the Zerg and Protoss have a 'purpose', whereas Terrans are effectively using what they have.

@Zergalicious and/or anyone else interested
    (Not to beat a dead horse, or show ill will)
    I know you mentioned that what you saw was outdated info from sc2armory, but here is some recent proof from
    Karune

Re: Can Immortals attack air? | 2/1/2008 6:40:21 PM GMTST
    Quote this post Reply to this post
    Neither the Immortals nor the Reapers can attack air units. Immortals are currently awesome counters to any high damage unit, and are able to be countered well by any type of rapid attacking unit, such as Zerglings or M&Ms with Stim. The Immortals' bonus damage against armored add to their ferocity against many Terran units going into Tier 2 and beyond. Nonetheless, bringing in Terran Banshees will ruin any players' day who masses Immortals.

http://www.battle.net/forums/thread.aspx?fn=sc2-general&t=358104&tmp=1#post358104

19. L89

L89 New Member

Playing Terran is very noble. Someone gotta stand up for the Homosapians.

Yes! Truly my reason to play Terran is to show my love and pride for the human race; the decision was absolutely none whatsoever affected by how kick-a$$ the Siege Tank is. ;)

20. Psionicz

Psionicz New Member

Under Your Bed
    Terran is looking very appetising right now, they definetly support my play style better than Protoss right now lets hope they have sexy new Zerg mechanics to match >;]

I can't wait to use Terran as I'm not a full on Zerg player I just love the lore and concept of them even though I play them more.