1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Terran Crucio Siege Tank Announced on Official Site

Discussion in 'Terran' started by WonderBoy, Jan 8, 2008.

Terran Crucio Siege Tank Announced on Official Site

Discussion in 'Terran' started by WonderBoy, Jan 8, 2008.

1. 10-Neon

10-Neon New Member

Gainesville, FL
    The video reminded me that the sound and animation for the Medic's Heal is really, really lame so far. I hope they aren't seriously considering keeping them along those lines. I'd love for them to blatantly rip off Team Fortress 2 and have a healing beam that curves around objects.

Note: "crucio" is not necessarily stolen from Harry Potter. It is a Latin word that means, literally, "I torment/torture." Harry Potter spells are almost all modified Latin. The "torture" interpretation is used in Harry Potter, while StarCraft II is probably going for the "torment" interpretation.

2. SwimSwam

SwimSwam New Member

San Cristobal - Venezuela
    i can bet my left nut, that it got a +50 hp boost, and +50 gas more cost, and a small increase in range in siege mode

thats pretty much about it, something else could be overpowered, and i think a +50 hp boost is huge

3. 10-Neon

10-Neon New Member

Gainesville, FL
    Well, the cost/hp boost have been known since BlizzCon and the range boost since early December, I believe. This announcement actually provides zero new gameplay information, just lore and some animations. So yeah, your left nut is pretty safe.

4. Inside Sin

Inside Sin Active Member

Earth
    Nicely Done Blizzard.

*shakes firmly by the hand*

:D

5. blizzrox

blizzrox New Member

terran are almost at par with protoss...protoss have 12 units while terrans have 9....same amount of buildings...if zerg dosnt come soon, this will b RIDIKULUS (HP spell)...wow, i dont impress myself...

6. Trooper_Lozer

Trooper_Lozer New Member

hmm, i like the new terran tank! imagine some of these babies behind a thor or two! i am all for the upgrades and improvements to the siege tank, and i am loving the better assault mode! i want to see some tanks that actually fight in assault mode in SC2. that will rock!

as for the graphics, i like them alot. Mayb they could make the 3d version more like the concept art, but i am fine with it the way it is! very nice!

p.s. in the picture with the barracks? blowing up are all the marines and what not part of the animation of the barracks? blowing up? or is all the blood really just a bunch of marines that were surrounding the building that blew up? i am rather confused, any guesses?

7. WuHT

WuHT New Member

So all they traded it in for is +cost but +defence and a lil bonus range ?

Hmm the tank definately 1-shotted a marine..which it could not before (baring upgrades of course).

I definately like the active turret following the targets as they moved (poor medic)..but the siege tank shot definately sounds LESS intimidating than before, which is worse in my book.

Even the marine's attack sounds more like wings flapping than hypersonic spikes.

8. Gasmaskguy

Gasmaskguy New Member

Sweden
    Well, it now has 50 damage. 40 - 50 = dead Marine.

And pretty much everything was buffed up an extra third.

As far as I know:

Crucio Arclite
    cost 200/150 150/100
    damage 50 (new damage system) 70
    supply 3 2

The Crucio deals +50 damage against armored units, while the Arclite only dealed 35 against small units (and 75% against medium). The system has been flipped over.

9. Nikzad

Nikzad New Member

I love it
    I'm a Protoss man but this gives me a warm, fuzzy feeling.
    I love how there was like 2 seconds of silence as the medic ran away and the turret followed it
    I was like wait for ittt...wait for itttt...wait for iiitttttttt....BOOM

10. vinzel

vinzel New Member

i don' like how it look!, looks fat and dumb, like a giant toy
    why the additonal set of tracks???
    why the wheels spread in form of X???
    why in siege-mode the cañon its open???
    it should look like the SC1 tank or like the concept art

11. motto

motto New Member

i love the way it looks in normal mode sooo tankish.
    I love the way barrels change during the siege mode but I still hate how it fucking spread its wheels. looks dumb.

12. kuvasz

kuvasz Corrections Officer

Hungary
    - For extra badassness (stability).
    - For extra badassness (stability).
    - I believe I've read somewhere that those "spikes" act like rails (increased accuracy and possibly increased range)
    - No.

The things in brackets are strictly for lore and/or realism.

ps I'm sure there are lots of latin words and expressions for torture and stuff like that... Harry Potter Tank is just lame.

13. Gasmaskguy

Gasmaskguy New Member

Sweden
    I think it looks steady. It needs the extra steadiness since the new cannon does even more damage over an even longer range.

It sounds like you're describing this tank.

14. miles

miles New Member

15. BloodHawk

BloodHawk Member

CT, USA
    Oh boy another unit we were damn sure was gonna be in the game....not that Blizz posting it on the site makes it official anyways.

Yeah it looks cool (according to most our opinions) but its not like we haven't seen this model before. Countless screen shots and the Terran gameplay vid.

Anyone else notice that the description of every classic unit is basically "it's stronger and more powerful". No shit? Terran high commanded didn't decide to make it weaker? They hint that it will do better out of siege mode and cost more. Ok.....and....ANY details? Oh I see, a new name. A new name we will probably only see in the goddamn manual.

I'm sick of these not a real update updates. Don't tell me to be a good boy and wait quietly either, I've been waiting 10 years for this game. I'll buy the game without this crappy promotional shit.
    No Blizz doesn't run starcraft2.com for fan feedback. It's marketing. If they really wanted to know what we think, they would tell us a bit more about what's in production.
    If you think that knowing whats potentially gonna be in the game before it hits will ruin the experience of playing it for the first time; don't look at the site.

</angry>

16. Indigent

Indigent New Member

The siege tank is shooting before deploying? HAX.

Edit: I know, if it would mean a sooner due date, I wouldn't read the back round information. It's just something to do while we wait.

17. MobileInfantry

MobileInfantry New Member

Nah, that one was digitally altered, if you look at the front treads in the first close-up pic you'll see how it isnt smoothed out like the rest of the tanks.(theres white space\lines inbetween the grass and the treads.) Although the back looks pretty realistic. Unless....it was just some kinda glitch or something.

-And if you were just kidding Indigent, then I apologize lol.

18. Indigent

Indigent New Member

Yes, I was, lol.

19. Anansi_Tragoudia

Anansi_Tragoudia New Member

I really like the way it changes into siege mode, and even the siege look. It makes sense if, according to lore, the design was originally for permanent defenses that were then given a mobile port. It looks like something that could have been a permanent defense structure.

As far as the 1hit. What about the Terrain Boost Damage? There is an advantage to that, so it would make sense that they would die more quickly.
    The Medic had a shield, so she could survive. Marines get a +20hp or +10hp boost from shield? I'd expect the medic to receive something similar.

20. Gasmaskguy

Gasmaskguy New Member

Sweden
    Shield = +15 hp. Marines get 55 hp, and Medics, if affected by the upgrade, gets 75 hp (if their starting hp is the same as in BW) .