1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

swarm guardian pic.

Discussion in 'Zerg' started by zeratul11, May 11, 2008.

swarm guardian pic.

Discussion in 'Zerg' started by zeratul11, May 11, 2008.

1. MeisterX

MeisterX Hyperion

New Port Richey, FL
    No idea what has happened since March. The Guardians did not look like this at the time. Their ability was also very strange as well. They just spawned two every few shots. It really had no effect.

This is a wait and see situation. :D

2. Ursawarrior

Ursawarrior New Member

somewhere....not sure
    this is just me, but i say keep the old guardian model, the crab-like thing was such a bad-a$$

3. Psionicz

Psionicz New Member

Under Your Bed
    Ew, I prefer the new model, very sexy IMO.

A simple fix for the Broodling confusion, simply spawn 2 broodlings when the Guardian makes the killer shot from that 1/4 hitpoints.
    Means you have to micro to get those broodlings out, for example, Mutalisks rush the enemy force leaving them at 1/4 hitpoints, then move in a Guardian to make that killer blow which spawns the Broodlings.

4. kuvasz

kuvasz Corrections Officer

Hungary
    Much like how Zertaul's viking looked unstable due to its shape and build, the SC1 guardian is also an awkward unit in that regard. If it pumps out some kind of gas to remain airborne, it definitely needs something to balance its huge claws, otherwise it'd tip forward. The SC2 version with its tail does just that, and at the same time makes it look meaner, lobster style :)

The name should be changed though, the current one is very unimaginative.

5. ItzaHexGor

ItzaHexGor Active Member

Sydney, Australia
    @ Wlck742. All units have to be made from scratch, not just the new ones. They can't and don't just use the StarCraft1 model because it was a 2D image, not a 3D rendering. What are you actually basing that assumption off? Seriously, there isn't anything that indicates it's a placeholder, apart from the fact that this is the first one we've seen. Some of the first units may have been placeholders, but others weren't, so it's not a definite thing. So what is the reason for this assumption?

6. Psionicz

Psionicz New Member

Under Your Bed
    Why you making a big deal out of something which doesn't matter =/
    arguing for the sake of it?

7. zeratul11

zeratul11 New Member

itza loves arguing and all. and he loves or hates arguing with me. lol

@kuvasz

no need to remind people of that. lol

and a sleek viking doesn't neccesarily look like the one that i made. the perfect one would look stable, balance, and sleek.

8. Wlck742

Wlck742 New Member

In your head
    @Itza:

Jesus Christ, it's just an assumption. You don't have to go overreact about everything someone says. Chill a bit bro.

9. ItzaHexGor

ItzaHexGor Active Member

Sydney, Australia
    Why do people assume I'm angry when I'm arguing something? It obviously is something that matters, because it was worth bringing up, and just for your information Psionicz, no, I'm not just arguing for the sake of it, because I don't do that. If someone says something that I genuinely disagree with, then I'll discuss it, like now for instance. I don't just think 'hey, I'd be able to argue about that' and start arguing.

My point is that there is no reason to assume it's a placeholder model. They've obviously made a 3D rendering for it, so it's not just a StarCraft1 placeholder or anything, many other units have gone through being relatively unchanged, so it's not unheard of, and lastly there's pretty much nothing to base it off apart from basically an extremely blurry outline. It's like me saying 'I bet the Broodling model is just a placeholder at the moment'. There's absolutely no reason for me to make such an assumption because we haven't properly seen it yet.

10. Psionicz

Psionicz New Member

Under Your Bed
    Well in that case his assumption is valid as almost every model has gone through minor or heavy changes and Blizzard has said them selfs a lot will change.

Maybe placeholder was the wrong wording, but I'm pretty sure the model will go through tweaks or a large change just like a lot of things.

But seriously, I mean what he said isn't a big deal and doesn't really require all that. Simply unecessary to debate about a blurry image being a placeholder or not, as it doesn't matter.
    You should be working out what it actually looks like and what could be wrong and what is good about the model.
    ___

The Guardian is now smaller than before, not much bigger than a Mutalisk, could this mean its attack speed has increased and the damage output has decreased, as smaller units tend to have faster attacks.

11. ShoGun

ShoGun Guest

The swarm guardian looks very similar as the original guardian looked. In this blurry pic it only appears to have a long tail but I think it is just another guardian, I can clearly see the two guardians together hovering above in kuvasz's pic.

12. kuvasz

Hungary
    Here are three high quality close-ups of the guardian. Menacing :cool:

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 28, 2008
  13. Gasmaskguy

Gasmaskguy New Member

Sweden
    I think they're ridiculously huge (in a good way). Could you please fix atleast one of the pics so you can see a Muta or Ovie next to one? :D
    I like this as every race now has one of those really big air units. :)

14. kuvasz

Hungary
    I added a pic where we can see its attack as well as its huge size, especially on its shadow.

15. VodkaChill

VodkaChill New Member

Montreal, Quebec, Canada
    I think they really got something right with the Swarm Guardian. The centipede look, the huge green bulb for the attack and the impact looks nice as well. I want to see what the resulted Broodling looks like :D

16. Wlck742

Wlck742 New Member

In your head
    I like the attack for the Guardian. It really looks like acid now instead of that weird yellow-green dot from SC1.

17. AcE_01

AcE_01 Active Member

Australia
    wow now that is menacing!! it looks really bad-ass xD

18. Juggernaught131

Juggernaught131 New Member

America
    wow that is one unit... i thought it was just several gaurdians put together in a row. that centipede look is cool.

19. Long live the Guardian

20. SOGEKING

SOGEKING New Member

coool. I hate this unit. But how effective it is !