1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

swarm guardian pic.

Discussion in 'Zerg' started by zeratul11, May 11, 2008.

swarm guardian pic.

Discussion in 'Zerg' started by zeratul11, May 11, 2008.

1. karlo

karlo New Member

SOL system
    good work Zeratul11.
    keep up the good work!
    hey,anyone know what that black thing is in the picture? its like a robot.

2. MeisterX

MeisterX Hyperion

New Port Richey, FL
    Could possibly be the redesigned Nomad but I can't confirm it because the resolution is too low and it's only half inside the screen.

3. Inside Sin

Inside Sin Active Member

Earth
    Well done!

Very nicely found, I'd like to shake you warmly by the hand, although they don't look very much like the before ones, i hope they're a new unit :)

4. Elfgard

Elfgard New Member

Looks like shrimps.

5. zeratul11

zeratul11 New Member

i love shrimps.

6. Ursawarrior

Ursawarrior New Member

somewhere....not sure
    the guardian in sc1 was like a crab, now its more of a shrimp
    i know blizz concepts of zerg units are from real life creatures but the shrimp model shouldve gone to the devourer

7. i2new@aol.com

i2new@aol.com New Member

no it looks like the crab head, now it just has a tail. Personaly i dont hate it, but its not that all amazing so i guess i would give the new Guardian a so-so passing grade in my book

8. ShdwyTemplar

ShdwyTemplar New Member

Tacoma, Washington
    Proof of the Ultralisk

It is an Ultralisk and a Swarm Guardian in the picture. My proof is that the texture fields on the Ultralisk and the texture fields on the Guardian do not match. The Ultralisk has blue ridges, while on the other hand the Guardian has massive blue texture fields. The Guardian model is almost exactly the same as Starcraft. No Tail.
    On top of that we saw Ultralisk attacking in a picture just before or after this one is taken.
    To dismiss any doubt as to this I will show you what I mean.
    Note how the Ultralisk has 2 claws on each side.
    The Guardian , however, has 3 small spines that extend from either side of its body and it is longer than the Ultralisk at least from the perspective the screenshot is taken. I hope this sufficiently makes it clear there is an Ultralisk and a Guardian. Not a Guardian with a tail.

Attached Files:

9. Hodl pu

Hodl pu New Member

Genius! I see it now, well the Ultralisk at least. The Guardian is still fuzzy to me and I can't see a single you described about it.

10. Wlck742

Wlck742 New Member

In your head
    In any case, I doubt that's the final model. It's most likely a placeholder.

11. ShdwyTemplar

ShdwyTemplar New Member

Tacoma, Washington
    Well, taking yet another look at the picture and both increasing the quality the best I could I found I was a bit wrong.
    There are 2 Guardians and 1 Ultralisk. The picture below will explain. The Guardians were overlapping each other and thus making one large Guardian. You can generally see the shapes. Although, I couldn't be clear as the Guardians remained blurry when I enlarged the image. Anyways ya that should help.

Attached Files:

12. ItzaHexGor

ItzaHexGor Active Member

Sydney, Australia
    @ Wlck. Why would you make an assumption like that based entirely off a blurred, low-quality photo of a video of a possible Swarm Guardian? It's so low quality that no-one knows what it actually looks like. We've got a basic understanding of it, but that's definitely not enough to justifiably make assumptions like that.

13. epo

epo New Member

I dont think that they can Ace.
    Since they have this whole special attack, where they attack a unit and when it is destoroyed, out comes 2 broodlings, so my logic tells me that they will only attack ground units.

14. Wlck742

Wlck742 New Member

In your head
    @Itza: It's blurred, but its general outline, to me at least, suggests an almost completely same model as the first Guardian. The unit icon is also exactly the same, suggesting this is a placeholder, unless it was Blizzard's intention to keep them the same.

15. Psionicz

Psionicz New Member

Under Your Bed
    It was sarcasm.

@ShdwyTemplar, there is no Ultralisk there, its just two Guardians ._.

@Itza, all he said was its a place holder, why can't it be, most first models they release of something change sooner or later.

16. ItzaHexGor

ItzaHexGor Active Member

Sydney, Australia
    I was just surprised that someone would make such a judgement off such little evidence. Many models were kept pretty much the same as they were in StarCraft2, and it's just so hard to tell with these images. Also, it's not surprising that the icon is still the same and it doesn't necessarily imply that the model's a placeholder, more that it's just a new or relatively unworked unit. The Queen originally didn't have a death animation and had all the same sounds that it had in StarCraft1, but that doesn't mean its model was just a placeholder. The same goes for the Guardian and its icon.

17. Wlck742

Wlck742 New Member

In your head
    The Queen was different. It was a completely different unit from the old Queen, so it didn't make any sense using its old model as a placeholder. Placeholders are used when they don't have a clear idea what the unit will look like but want to test it out in-game. Obviously they knew what the Queen would look like when they put it in, and the old model wasn't even close, so they built it up from scratch. Placeholders aren't final, but they have to at least make a little sense. There's no sense in substituting an air unit's model for a ground unit. Add the fact that a lot of the models/animations Blizzard's shown us were placeholders, so it's perfectly logical to assume it's a placeholder, even with blurry pictures.

18. kuvasz

kuvasz Corrections Officer

Hungary
    I tried to make the image a bit clearer and I also threw together my take on how the unit looks.
    [​IMG]

As far as I can make out the new model, I like it better than the SC1 front-heavy abomination.

19. MeisterX

MeisterX Hyperion

New Port Richey, FL
    These are definitely both Guardians. I have a bit of confirmation from Blizzard on that. ;)

20. Gasmaskguy

Gasmaskguy New Member

Sweden
    Awesome, now we know for sure that they are Guardians. Jon, you said after your visit to the Blizzard HQ that the Guardians looked much like the old ones, so this is a fairly recent change then? Do you know anything about the Spawn Broodling passive ability? Some sources say that the Infestor's Infest creates Broodlings now.