1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Swarm Guardian in Video

Discussion in 'Zerg' started by Psionicz, Jun 8, 2008.

Swarm Guardian in Video

Discussion in 'Zerg' started by Psionicz, Jun 8, 2008.

1. ShdwyTemplar

ShdwyTemplar New Member

Tacoma, Washington
    All I gotta say is that this video proves me completely wrong. The guardians have been completely remodeled. I submit. *Waves White Flag*

A few other things I noticed.
    -The nuke seems to have changed damage wise. Ultralisk can withstand it....
    -Swarm Guardians moves incredibly fast. Much faster than the previous Guardian.
    - The siege tank seemed different a bit when the Mutalisk attacked the Terran base.

Last edited: Jun 8, 2008
  2. AlexBlaze

AlexBlaze New Member

Hyperion's cantina.. *BURP*
    @kuvasz: They use Tactical Nukes... Balistic missiles with nuke warhead could wipe the whole map off... ur base also.. so that wouldn't be very fun.

Tactical Nukes: A fraction of the normal nuke (still very devastating), low level rad (survivable with special suits) so that no terran entering in that area will die or vomit their life out, low EMP (electro-magnetic pulse) so that their Dropships, BCs, Banshees etc won't start to rain from the sky.

3. Kaaraa

Kaaraa Space Junkie

United States
    The nuke did do 800 damage as of Q&A 36, which came out at the end of April. Since the general consensus is that this video is at least a month old, that either means those people were playing with an older build or Blizz nerfed the nuke back to 400 damage shortly after the Q&A's release...or the ultralisk has 1000 HP.

Hey, a guy can dream, can't he?

4. i2new@aol.com

i2new@aol.com New Member

God save me. the ultralisk has 1000 life....oh dear god save me.....

5. AlexBlaze

AlexBlaze New Member

maybe the ultralisk has some sort of splash dmg armor.. heavy dmg reduction, dunno.. but i guess that's it!

anyways, after the nuke hit, the 2 ultras who were really close to the nuke were on red on the wireframe image, so they must have been severely dmged. guess their armour protects them from a nuke, leaving them with almost mininum amount of life. This way, u have 2 choices (as zerg player), either u go back and w8 for the ultras to regenerate, or u go on attacking and die :)

6. freedom23

freedom23 New Member

the way i see it the genetic structure of the SC1 air-bourne queen was mixed up with the guardian.. my proof??

*Attack animation similar to parasite skill
    *Movespeed of queens are fast
    *Broodlings for the win

btw i suggest that it should have an ensare ability to maximize his range advantage against ground units.. now if only it can infest CC or Nexus lol

7. Psionicz

Psionicz New Member

Under Your Bed
    On the Ultralisk and Nukes they probably changed the Nuke to 600 damage or something as 800 seems way to strong and the Ultralisk could never have 1k HP. And the fact it didn't kill them completly is probably because it does its full damage vs structures.

Ensnare on the Swarm Guardians, thats really eww. And the Guardians wern't that fast.

8. freedom23

freedom23 New Member

or perhaps the nukes didnt hit the bullseye lol... btw the s.guardians arent that fast but its very noticeable that they now evolved as something else with a new flight locomotion to improve its former sluggish mobility.. and ensare isnt such a bad idea at all...

9. ItzaHexGor

ItzaHexGor Active Member

Sydney, Australia
    The Ultralisks weren't directly hit by the Nukes, and you can see that they survive on next to no health. Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't they say that the Mothership was the only unit that could survive a direct hit from a Nuke? If so, if that Nuke was placed a bit better, those Ultralisks would have been goners.

10. lurkers_lurk

lurkers_lurk New Member

Red Bluff, CA
    i think 1 of the 3 ultralisks were hit directly by the nuke, but he still was alive, ill have to say that this version had the ultralisks at 600 health, and the nukes at 500 points of damage(which was the old SC nukes damage, unless im mistaken ), i think that sounds reasonable, Blizzard is always changing things, sometimes even after the day they pronounced what it was at, at the moment.

11. Kaaraa

Kaaraa Space Junkie

United States
    ^ I believe it was 400 damage in SC1. And to clarify, I was joking about the ultralisk having 1k HP. The only possibility of that happening would be if it was a hero ultralisk.

12. freedom23

freedom23 New Member

i really like playing zerg but knowing something like an ultralisk being alive after a Nuke is so so so impossible and yet amazing... the pros are you get to have a massive durable tank that can dish splash damage, good. But wouldnt you think that its too much of a threat?? I really dont know but perhaps the nuke was either toned down or not yet updated in that version... So basically now each race has a unit that can survive a nuke right? ok maybe it does make sense for balancing sake..

Can some 1 confirm how much damage does the current nuke actually does??

TRIVIA: Nuke missiles are an explosive device that derives its destructive force from the nuclear reaction of fission or from a combination of fission and fusion composed of deadly chemical compounds. (Irradiate is possibly a toned down gas weapon) so why did that ultralisk survied that poison?? lolz

13. lurkers_lurk

lurkers_lurk New Member

Red Bluff, CA
    ok, i just checked and SC1 nukes does either 500 points of damage or 2/3 of the thing health, whichever is bigger, so looking at the video, i think its very plausible to say that they left the nukes at SC1 standards in that version, while ultralisks had 600 health at the moment, leaving them with about 107 health ( 100 because of its bulky life and the 7 from armor and the auto 1 point of health regain because it lived the hit ) if the nuke hit them straight on.

in the current build the nukes are supposed to do 800 points of damage

Last edited: Jun 9, 2008
  14. freedom23

freedom23 New Member

i rather have my ultras at 500 health and make the 100hp an upgrade "heart of torrasque upgrade" ^_^ remember that one?? lol... it made me sad to hear that the nuke were still that weak considering its terrans best arsenal, so hard to opt.. And considering its very hazardous with organics makes one wonder why was it called nuke in the first place?? It rather should have its name changed to something else lol

15. BloodHawk

BloodHawk Member

CT, USA
    Great find, great model.

I'm more curious about how damn well timed that nuke was. You can't hit moving units like that in SC1. Think it's really the player's skills or nuke launch is shorter now?

16. freedom23

freedom23 New Member

its just a demo so im guessing its a directed battle...

17. Wlck742

Wlck742 New Member

In your head
    Nah, it was a game between two players, not scripted at all. The Terran player just led his shot well.

18. AlexBlaze

AlexBlaze New Member

Nuke radiation would have been kinda useless in SC2, because terrans use special suits, protoss are resistent to rad and zerg... well the cockroach we know can survive at very high lvls or rad and it can survive without a head for nine days also (then it dies just bcause he can't eat, not from anything else), so i think zerg are more evolved than our present cockroaches..

I'm talking here about tactical nuke's rad, not balistic missiles with big warhead rad or Science Vessel Irradiate in SC1 (very very high dose of rad.. overdose :))

19. freedom23

freedom23 New Member

im also guessing that its kerrigans idea for zerg to be resistant to terrans irradiate poison since shes a former human anyway.. perhaps she have an inner guy on some terrans and ask them to deliver her chemical samples of the latest insectisides lol...

20. Psionicz

Psionicz New Member

Under Your Bed
    Just note that because not many animals on this planet can handle direct radiation it would be easy for others. Cockroaches can survive radiation and they're tiny, so imagine an Ultralisk.

Remember Zerg came from small worms which could survive in almost any conditions.

So far we have Immortal, Mothership, Ultralisk, Thor? which can survive a Nuke.

I'm pretty sure the Sc1 Nuke damage was 500.

Last edited: Jun 9, 2008