1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Swarm Clutches, Creep Tumors and Shriekers

Discussion in 'Zerg' started by SubTachyon, Mar 21, 2008.

?

Do you like the new Swarm Clutch / Shrieker / Tumor combo?

1. Yes, I love it!

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Not sure yet.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. No! The old sunkens were better.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%

Swarm Clutches, Creep Tumors and Shriekers

Discussion in 'Zerg' started by SubTachyon, Mar 21, 2008.

1. furrer

furrer New Member

Denmark
  2. SubTachyon

SubTachyon Guest

Re: Creep Tumors and Shriekers

As I wrote in the beggining; This stuff is keep changing so fast and there are so many versions thats its kinda useless to do the final judging now. The Swarm clutch used to cost 75 minerals, I heard in some korean version they changed it to 25 or something... but thats not important.

For this discussion please hold on *this version* of the tumor/clutch whatever it might be.

EDIT: I edited the first post noticing the newcommers on your point of information. Thanks for noticing me.

3. furrer

furrer New Member

Denmark

Yes i know, but in all versions (chin/korean/american), the buildings were:
    Creep tumors: Creep spreading buildings
    Swarm Clutches: Spores/sunkens
    And the Shriekers: extend range of the SC´s
    Thats at least all the informations I have, and when we should talk about anything then its the American build, and it worked so in that one. Ask Jon if you dont trust me, im sure he will agree.

4. string_me_along

string_me_along New Member

Since they are exceedingly cheep at the moment (and in the end probably wont be too expensive) and interesting tactic for the zerg to prevent another player from using a resource patch might be this:

1. Bring in the Overseer to vom up some creep.
    2. Drop in the queen to throw out some creep tumors.
    3. Get the f**k out of dodge.

You might not be able to exploit that particular patch of minerals yet, but the enemy would have to kill the tumors (probably not that difficult) and then wait for all the creep to vanish before building there. If you need to prevent them from using it as an expo you have time to regroup and launch an attack on them before they get up and running.

5. furrer

furrer New Member

Denmark

SubTachyon
    You should really fix the first post, because it's so inaccurate... Even thought the info is changing, your are just completly wrong. Thats like saying the Marine heals and the Medic attack.

6. SubTachyon

SubTachyon Guest

Yes I mentioned this tactic before. Its really nice to see all this clockwork fitting in.
    Overlords will now be more offensive with their ability to block resources and lay down creep.

Lay down creep, teleport your queen there (or use the worm) and quickely spam 50 tumors/clutches and before the poor guy brings back his units half of his base lays in ruins. The magic of this tactic is that you can do it pretty early in the game, ofcourse you might not have worm yet or something but there are many offensive options.

2Furrer: Ok Ill change the damn cost from 25 minerals to 75 minerals but please next time write me PM and dont spam the thread with 3 seperate posts :(

7. furrer

furrer New Member

Denmark

What, that wasnt what should be fixed, are you even listening? ITS THE NAMES, AND WHAT THEY DO. And its stupid to write its outdated, it did never exist...

8. SubTachyon

SubTachyon Guest

While you were busy creating yet another angry, caps lock post I updated the topic to match the current game status.

Now lets get back to the topic.

9. i2new@aol.com

i2new@aol.com New Member

I dont think the queen needs to have the creep tumors, this is the building that spreds the creep. unless all the zergbuildings give off a small radius of creep now. kinda like the undead buildings in WC3. other then that if people want the queen to run the defencive game, let hit.

10. furrer

furrer New Member

Denmark
    Yeah, but I just think Its important we get the right informations out to all the fans my Comrade!

I dont think you are the one who have the right to get angry atleast, because I was just pointing the mistakes out, so that the information is the right!
    I think its great that a newcommer like you is trying to contribute to this forum! One thing more, you shouldnt write the cost, that wasnt what i wanted. The cost are so different from build to build, so just write: 25-75 (American-Chinese).

Back to topic:
    I love this new system!

To ^
    I think its a fine building, especially because there can be some situation where you have ti build them to get a good placement for your other defensive buildings. And only the hatcheries and the Creep Tumors spawn creep.

11. i2new@aol.com

i2new@aol.com New Member

So if only the hatcheries and the Creep Tumors spawn creep dont you think this would make expanding a little annoying early (before you have a queen). i mean yeah i know theres not alot to build but still. some space would be nice. But then again u could hole up a overlord even tho i would rather the overlord go out looking for the enemy.

12. SubTachyon

SubTachyon Guest

Well you need to reliase that races cant have only advantages. Terran buildings burn, protoss buildings cannot be repaired and zergs are limited to the creep.
    This new system isnt much different to the old one except that instead of sunken colonies costing 125 minerals you have 25 mineral tumor + free larva. Besides, zerg mostly expands creep by making additionaly hatchery not colony.

And now with overlord vomiting creep, queen posioning creep and teleporting through it there is even more emphasis and distinctition. In the end there is no real difference to the old starcraft, if yes, then to the positive side.

13. i2new@aol.com

i2new@aol.com New Member

Yeah yeah, your right. give the zerg no space. they dont need it anyways :)

14. ItzaHexGor

ItzaHexGor Active Member

Sydney, Australia
    The Queen is a Tier 1 unit. It's obtainable at the same stage as the Zergling. Expanding would be annoying before you get the Queen, but you get the Queen almost instantly. It's kinda like saying that requiring Pylons to build Protoss buildings make expanding a little annoying for them before they have the minerals to build a Pylon.

15. Kaaraa

Kaaraa Space Junkie

United States
    The last I heard, the Queen's Deep Burrow could only teleport her to buildings, not to areas with creep.

Now that I've finally seen the Swarm Clutches in action, I feel a lot more comfortable with them. both GtG and GtA, 1 acre, and 75 minerals a pop looks pretty damn good. I'd definitely like to see some stats, though, especially considering the point SubTachyon brought up about potentially one-shotting them. I also agree with what ItzaHexGor said about how orderly they look. Pherhaps, depending on the size of the Swarm Clutch model, they could lean toward one edge of the acre: Top Right, Top Middle, Top Left, Mid Right, Middle, Mid Left, Bottom Right, Bottom Middle, Bottom Left. Hopefully something like that would help break up the uniform look of the Clutches when bunched together.

16. ZeR[g]LiNg

ZeR[g]LiNg New Member

Lol, but when you make sunken colonies together, it looks pretty organized. Heck, they may not be symmetrical, but they make perfect squares so they could make little lines and stuff. DOn't see the difference, except that the SC's are smaller D=

17. i2new@aol.com

i2new@aol.com New Member

18. Kaaraa

Kaaraa Space Junkie

United States
    All I see is a Zerg player sucking hard. What's your point?

19. i2new@aol.com

i2new@aol.com New Member

any people are trying to defend the newe zerg defences?! the zerging colossus ripped those things. but i dont think that would of happened to the old zerg defence while units are away from base. I'm not saying its bad the zerg have a defence but give us something with a back bone for god sake...

20. Spacechick

Spacechick New Member

That thing is just early def like the other race,it can not stand again 3-4 colossi or a group of immotal unless they give it a upgrade or something