1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Supply Depot

Discussion in 'Terran' started by sagrado_corazon, Jul 20, 2007.

Supply Depot

Discussion in 'Terran' started by sagrado_corazon, Jul 20, 2007.

1. Trooper_Lozer

Trooper_Lozer New Member

lol, i dont think they should recieve damage, neither of them.

2. Unentschieden

Unentschieden New Member

Units on top get pushed aside, wich is imho the most sensible solution.

3. Gasmaskguy

Gasmaskguy New Member

Sweden
    or, like when trying to land a lift-offed building onto a unit, a error message is displayed/can be heard.

4. DontHate

DontHate New Member

if ur able to lift ur supply depo when enemy units are on it, it's pretty damn cheap. even if it does not damage and just pushes the enemy aside, if the enemy gets pushed into the base, it'll be trapped behind enemy lines, sort of like the same way a statis feild works. The best way to settle things is say "zone occupied" or whatever the adjutant said about landing zones being occupied.

5. Unentschieden

Unentschieden New Member

Why would it be cheap? SD are not invisible, also they can be attacked while submerged. Also Karune himself noted that a SD line can be used to divide the enemy forces.

6. DontHate

DontHate New Member

oh nvm didn't see that one.

btw, i'm sure karune meant that if a bunch of units went in then no units were on top of it, it could be lifted and cut off hte forces. i dont think he meant that u can cut off reinforcements while the armies storming in.

7. Wlck742

Wlck742 New Member

In your head
    Hmm, I never thought about that strategy. It sounds pretty effective. But unless the attacking force is weak or you have a very strong defense, I don't think it'll last that long.

8. DE.50

DE.50 New Member

Washington
    I think it would be fair if the supply depots could cut off enemies while they are passing over them. If the person attacking doesn't realize this and just tries to get into the base without killing a low hitpoint structure it would just be his own fault.

9. Vindicatormsc

Vindicatormsc New Member

supply depots plays a much more strategic role than before.it really would be foolish to try to invade a base without destroying them first.it would be fair to allow the SD to cut off enemy lines,it just adds to the strategy,and,well...you can destroy them...

on a side note,it would be fun as hell to begin a custom game using the terran,activate god mode,let some enemy units enter in your base and then surround them with supply depots ^^

10. The Watcher

The Watcher Guest

My guess is that, if a unit is ontop of it while its submerged, it will simply imeaditly go up once the unit is off it. good for having ranged forces behind the first wall, and when the are killed it will imdiatly go up, making it a good defense against a ranged force

11. Patlidzan

Patlidzan New Member

I think submergable depoes are useles because you can do the same thing with racks the racks cost 150 minerals (they did in sc 1) and have 1000 hp, and u could of easily lifted em to gain entrance and grounded them to block.....and the depoes only have 500 hp.....

12. GuiMontag

GuiMontag New Member

it doesnt really matter what you use to block, giving supply depo the ability just diversifies each races population buildings even more.

13. 10-Neon

10-Neon New Member

Gainesville, FL
    Well, using a Barracks is all fine and dandy... unless you happen to need it to... build an army. Supply Depots don't do anything but take up space, but now they can strategically take up space.

14. string_me_along

string_me_along New Member

/\ that is unless they destroy too many of them and then you have a lower population cap. There is a potential problem with them being destroyed. But I'd rather have them go than my command center.

15. Wlck742

Wlck742 New Member

In your head
    If you're blocking with supply depots, it's just common sense to not rely on the ones you used as barricades and build additional depots in your base. You pretty much have to pretend that the ones you used for walling don't give a population cap bonus.

16. Unentschieden

Unentschieden New Member

Simply have them submerged. The enemy will either attack them anyway and waste time or go past them and get caught.

17. Vindicatormsc

Vindicatormsc New Member

it would really would be common sense to any Terran player not to rely on the barricade SDs for the food cap.it would be like in Warcraft 3,where you used farms as a bait to warn you of an enemy attack.

18. string_me_along

string_me_along New Member

I'm not gonna lie, I've done it. Used supply depots as (sadly for SC1 permanent) shields but then forgotten to build new ones as my troops increased and got stuck with too few supply depots. I'm just glad you can submerge them now so that they don't take up your entire base to get to the 200 cap. But while this may be a noob error, I feel I'm certainly not the only one who's done it. And I won't be the last, in my opinion. So I feel it is something worth bringing up.

19. Patlidzan

Patlidzan New Member

Well u have the racks working on units.... and when u need to let units out of the base than u lift it, if u dont want the enemy to enter than keep em down have a couple of scv fixing it and its gona last a long time.... it has like 1000 hp and costs 150 min and the depot has 500 and costs 100 min.... so its much more usefull to block entrance with racks than with depots... they should make depots cost 75 minerals or let em have 600 hp

20. Gasmaskguy

Gasmaskguy New Member

Sweden
    one other thing; the barracks takes up more space! That way it blocks more of the pass/bottleneck.