1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Starcraft2forum 3.0

Discussion in 'Forum Information, Questions and Feedback' started by sc2forums, Mar 23, 2008.

Starcraft2forum 3.0

1. Light

Light Guest

It seems that you (and the rest of the mod team/etc.) actually want a power level reset. Its useless for me to try to change things.

2. furrer

furrer New Member

Denmark
    What I really think is the problem with this PO system, got showed in the last 3 weeks. Some members that still double post, got 11 PO´s because they found new info, some of it even not usefull. They got all those PO´s because everyone was waiting so much for the Zerg. I think the new system would be better, because good post quality and good discussens etc. would have greater change of getting PO´s

3. kuvasz

kuvasz Corrections Officer

Hungary
    Yeah might as well powerdown Jon right now... :D

I can't see power levels being something to be proud of... I can imagine collecting minerals being a goal but some green number under your avatar... well, each to his own I guess.

And at furrer: exclusive information deserves powerups of course... I don't know what you're getting at.

4. furrer

furrer New Member

Denmark
    That some people that dont even follow the rules, get more PO´s in the last time, then people like you and GM_k etc. who post very godo and constructive posts. Why does a people have to get 3 PO´s for finding 3 new pics? PO´s should be given po members who constructive is helping the forum and creating good discussens (I often power people up if I had a good discussen with them and they made a good point here and there). OFC news posts require PO´s, but a member creating double posts should have a power level of 9 should he?

(this has nothing to do with my "low" PL)

5. kuvasz

Hungary
    You're overcomplicating this. You can get a powerup/powerdown for literally anything, it all depends on the person giving it. There are no definite rules for this because a) we don't need any, b) you wouldn't be able to enforce them and c) it's not vital, it doesn't need to be taken seriously, it's just a fun feature.

6. furrer

furrer New Member

Denmark
    Why are GM_k then so worried?
    And really, we have rules kuvasz!
    Im just saying what the new system COULD change.

7. LordVampire

LordVampire New Member

Oh well just want to remind you guys Power levels are not really important its just symbolizing the respec.... of a memeber,.. Dont be too concius n to ur power levels just enjoy the forum :) okey :)

8. Light

Light Guest

I do think that power levels and mineral bonuses should be limited for new info and such, because its almost only based on how fast one can click post. 1000 minerals and a bunch of powerups just because you posted something a few minutes before another person isn't fair and is just plain lame.
    Constructive/contribute posts are good, but should not be the main reason for Powerups. Anyone can make a good post. Better someone who helps to make the forums more sociable, fun and friendly be the main benefactor from Powerups.
    I want to remove them completely because that would improve the mentioned forum conditions and make them improve much faster.​

9. furrer

furrer New Member

Denmark
    Yeah removing them could be good too, because post count shows at least a little, and else you just learn who is postitioned "higher" then others.

10. kuvasz

Hungary
    Pardon my tone but seriously, if power levels matter so much for you that you would go as far as complaining for someone else getting it instead of you then you need help or need to go out more.
    I've been here for a very long time and I have yet to see someone get a penalty for giving an 'unearned' powerup. Besides, if the people running the site wanted to regulate power levels so much then they wouldn't allow 'regular' members to change levels, which is clearly not the case.

I'm sure they added the level feature for fun but I think even they realise that it's getting out of hand because of people taking it too seriously.

11. Aurora

Aurora The Defiant

The Netherlands
    @ LordVampire
    You will not gain much respect if you keep typing like that... ;)
    Please use the spell check before you post, it's not only there to make the forum look nice, you know.

Also, can we please stop arguing about the new system regarding powerlevel changes? It starts to irritate me. Everyone will get the changes they deserve, so if you are a good member, your level will still go up or down just as much as before.

The reset will set everyone back to zero, that should be no problem, at least not for me. I respect everyone as much as they deserve. Not because some green number thing tells me to respect them. The level should be seen as an indication to how contributive you are, not determine how people should behave around you.

If you really want to show of some contributions that you are proud of, then put a link to them in your signature. I don't know how many people actually click on signature links, but I care more about people's signatures then those little green numbers below their avatars.

'Nuf said.

12. Kaaraa

Kaaraa Space Junkie

United States
    I was a bit surprised when I saw my power level going up just because I made people lulz. I do like the power level system, but I want to "earn" my :powerup: :p

13. Light

Light Guest

Power levels actually make the place less friendly. Powerdowns make enemies. The place would be much more laid-back. Also, more equality.

Look, it says I got 46 power while Furrer has 7. It looks as if I am more powerful than him, and thats BS. Dont say that the powerlevels are not meant for that, because they lost all reason a long time ago.

Btw, can people see my sig? Weird.

14. furrer

furrer New Member

Denmark
    BS means? Big [Expletive Removed]?
    And you are more Powerfull then me!
    And yes, thats really what the problem with PL, it creates more enemy´s then friends.\

Please refrain from cursing unnecessarily.

15. Light

Light Guest

When I post something, I do not want to worry I will get a powerdown for some random reason. The place is very friendly, and most powerdowns come from misunderstandings or inexperience (like giving someone a powerdown just because he/she doubleposts or quotes someone above him/her). And If you are contributing/<insertgooddeedhere> people will respect you and, also, if you are a good member you do not need some number to represent that! Same with contributions.

Btw, this also makes me think we need a friend list, that would be fun.

But not a foe list, that's bad :(

16. LordVampire

LordVampire New Member

Okey next time sorry im not familiar with the spell check hehe, :) thanks for the advice :)

17. Kaaraa

Kaaraa Space Junkie

United States
    Perhaps the powerup system should be tweaked so instead of giving powerups, you give that person a vote for a powerup, with something like a 10:1 vote:powerup ratio. Also, maybe new members could be automatically redirected to the Forum Rules page the next time they log on after registering. Obnoxious? Yes, but it would still get a few members to read it before posting.

18. Light

Light Guest

How about having only powerups and no downs? Once again, most powerdowns are for stupid of bad reasons, while also making the place less friendly.

19. Aurora

Aurora The Defiant

The Netherlands
    That sounds interesting, but it might prevent people from being decent, because they will never get a :powerdown: anyway. I think that wouldn't do the forums any good.

By the way, your signature is still invisible, just.use photobucket or something. :p

20. Light

Light Guest

Damn! (@ my awesome sig)

Okay, then how about a warning system only mods could give? Like, if you doubleposted, a mod would give you a warning and tell you to read the rules, or maybe if insulted another member you would be given a warning. They should go away in time (maybe 1 gone every week or two) to show that you're changing and have learned the rules. But, if lets say you got 10 warnings, you should get a temp/perm ban. People would be ashamed of their warnings and would really try to change themselves, and not start powerlevel wars.