1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Starcraft2forum 3.0

Discussion in 'Forum Information, Questions and Feedback' started by sc2forums, Mar 23, 2008.

Starcraft2forum 3.0

1. -LT-

-LT- New Member

Noooo!!! I love my power level! Can't you just see the members who have higher power levels and give them back?

2. MeisterX

MeisterX Hyperion

New Port Richey, FL
    Nope, we're all gonna lose 'em... stop moanin!

3. kuvasz

kuvasz Corrections Officer

Hungary
    YES!
    sorry for the spam

edit: will the list of traders and purchasers be preserved?

4. Light

Light Guest

Damn, this is really bad. The forum has been up for so long, if you're going to reset the powerlevels, better just remove them completely. That will make the forums much more friendly and peaceful.

5. AcE_01

AcE_01 Active Member

Australia
    ohhwells...i like the powerlevel system. if you have to reset everything dw, just keep it. =]

6. Light

Light Guest

How about saving the current memberlist (where powerlevel is shown) and then just set it to people? Should be easier than recording pets, especially if mods/hyperion members help.

7. Aurora

Aurora The Defiant

The Netherlands
    As long as I can keep my paladins, I don't care. ;)

8. marcusrodrigues

marcusrodrigues New Member

Brazil
    I am excited about this forum upgrade. More features are always welcome! :)

I just hope there are no interesting news on SC 2 while the server is down :p

I would hate to be late to the news, since we are without news for a while now....

9. Gasmaskguy

Gasmaskguy New Member

Sweden
    Christmas kinda corrupted the power level system, so I would not mind a reset.

A limit to how many power ups/downs you can make would work if the cooldown was short. 12 or 24 hours would work, but not a week.

10. Zurgery

Zurgery New Member

*Pets his power level* Don't worry precious... Master looks after us now... >.>

11. MeisterX

MeisterX Hyperion

New Port Richey, FL
    @ GM_k, it's not the end of the world. Power levels are extremely inflated, and if you contribute to the forum they'll be earned back in no time. So just relax.

12. Aurora

Aurora The Defiant

The Netherlands
    People who worry about their levels might be afraid that their reputation is too screwed up to ever regain their current levels. ;)

13. googlbot

googlbot Guest

With only around 15 - 20 active people able to power up/down only once a week I dont think people will get their power levels back anytime soon.
    I think people iwll tend to power up their friends or old school people from these forums and they wont *waste* their single power up on newcommers even if they are extremely helpful.

14. furrer

furrer New Member

Denmark
    Welcome.
    But as you probaly should now, that is against rules (you have read them ofc?). Seems like you just fear dont to have a PO or?

15. Aurora

Aurora The Defiant

The Netherlands
    @ googlbot
    And you are...? Lol.

I don't know if you have noticed already, but we have more then 15 - 20 active members. Also, why would you want to give a powerup to people who haven't done anything? If they aren't active, their levels won't rise anyway.

With that being said, welcome to the forums! Have a :powerup:, they will be deleted in a while anyway.

16. furrer

furrer New Member

Denmark
    Really, that was really a not acceptable PO Forsaken. He did nothing constructive, so how can you give him a PO (even thought they are gonna get removed)?

(we shouldnt change the rules just because we change forum)

17. SubTachyon

SubTachyon Guest

Well think what you want but power ups like *hahohi*, *Merry Christmas!* or *cause i want to* are not necessarily for a good post. and with 1 power up a week alot of people that would deserve pwoer up wont get it because nobody will be able to give them one.

So I say increase the limit to 3 or five per week or decrease the time limit.

2furrer: lol thats exactly what I am talking about xD Even though I agree that this one was a joke but sitll... things like this happen

Merged posts. Please read the forum rules and do not double post.

18. furrer

furrer New Member

Denmark
    Double post, edit it before you minerals are gone!!!
    I think once 1 week is fine, after all do we really need to have 50 PO each?
    It would just raise what demands a PO and what dont, and would perhaps make PO even more worth then minerals for good posts.

19. kuvasz

kuvasz Corrections Officer

Hungary
    And you know this from your 8 day experience? Give me a break.

I, as a regular, can assure you that other regulars - like Forsaken - don't give powerups for no good reason, not even as a joke. This was a one off thing because of the reset... but feel free to look up people's power level logs.

20. MeisterX

MeisterX Hyperion

New Port Richey, FL
    @ Googlbot,

That's not how the forum runs. Look at some of the users who have been here a very short time and yet have very high power levels.

It's all about how you contribute.

I wouldn't worry, guys, you'll still be able to gain them and having them reset will simply get rid of this inflation gap that has occurred with a lot of people, especially myself.