1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Starcraft2forum 3.0

Discussion in 'Forum Information, Questions and Feedback' started by sc2forums, Mar 23, 2008.

Starcraft2forum 3.0

1. Seradin

Seradin New Member

Aiur
    damnt i love my power ups.

2. Light

Light Guest

Damn. There must be a way. I doubt I will manage to get the same amount as now.
    Maybe get rid of the powerlevels. They're not that useful.

3. furrer

furrer New Member

Denmark
    Yeah a reset in the Power-Level could be OK. Especially for all the new members, so they have a change to "cath up" with some of those older.

4. kuvasz

kuvasz Corrections Officer

Hungary
    Not to mention getting rid of "Christmas presents"...

5. furrer

furrer New Member

Denmark
    Yes, it isnt fair that I wasnt online at that time..... Some people got like 6 PO because of that...
    At least a power level change wouldnt change much (those with high post count would still be repsected), and Im not saying this because my PL/post count is low. Its just because it would give new members a change to be as repsected as the old ones. You shouldnt really have a high PL because you have been here from the start (ofc. you have helped too), but ffrom making good posts. Therefore a reset would only gain!

6. ninerman13

ninerman13 New Member

There are both pros and cons. I for one am extremely proud of my current power level, and would thus be disappointed to lose it.

That said, a restart wouldn't be the end of the world. After all, I didn't join this forum simply to get power levels.

Plus we could try and have some sort of 'power level event' when the new forums are up. Everybody could agree to spend their first power level on somebody who they think has contributed to the forums in the past and makes good posts. That way, members who have truly been contributing would be recognized despite the reset. Of course, members who continue to contribute will see their power levels rise again.

7. furrer

furrer New Member

Denmark
    As you said, a member who earned his power levels in the past, would be able to earn them again. So a PL reset would be good IMO. What do you think (mods)?

8. ninerman13

ninerman13 New Member

I still do think if it can be avoided I'd rather not have a reset.

9. MeisterX

MeisterX Hyperion

New Port Richey, FL
    I think a power level reset would be fun!

Come on, admit it, a lot of ours are inflated. Especially mine. LOL

10. Aurora

Aurora The Defiant

The Netherlands
    I think that a reset in powerlevels wouldn’t be that bad, but the post count really should stay as it is at the moment. That is the first thing you look at and shows you how active a member is at these forums. You can get multiple powerups for the same thing, not to mention the useless ones given out during Christmas. They really screw up your level at the moment.

However, I really don’t agree with the idea for the new system, we should be able to give anyone a powerup or powerdown when we want to, within that 72 hours of course. Limiting it to 1 every few days for changing the level of any member is just ridiculous. People who make great contributions would often be missed when giving powerups, since it’s just not possible to give them most of the time.

I am really looking forward to the new update, but please announce it in the news when the changes are being made, since most members won’t know what’s going on. Making a news topic for this should prevent people for creating a dozen of “error†topics and stuff like that.

11. Meee

Meee New Member

Poland

Edited out quotes. Please read the forum rules and refrain from quoting unnecessarily.

I disagree. There are many active members on these forums, if one person can't give a powerup for great contribution someone else should be able to. This could also prevent people to give too many powerups for the same thing

12. kuvasz

Hungary
    No need for my post, Meee said it.

ps I also thought about a limit on power changes a very long time ago but I just can't be bothered to look up my post right now.

13. SubTachyon

SubTachyon Guest

So all the collector pets and avatar frames etc are getting removed in exhange for minerals?

14. Aurora

Aurora The Defiant

The Netherlands
    Lol, look at sc2forum's power level. It's reduced to 1, while his profile still has all the reason lines in it. He is probably already experimenting with something at the moment. :p

15. Ursawarrior

Ursawarrior New Member

somewhere....not sure
    his whole profile was reseted, om wondering why

16. Light

Light Guest

Maybe he's testing all these things on himself :p

I sooo don't want to lose my power level. It took such a long time, plus its like losing recognition for some contributions or good posts (Even tho I don't really have many of these :p)

17. Truffles

Truffles Guest

Please, could you just specify when exactly is the main interface/mineral/power system going to change? I have few plans to do but I dont want to start before the change since I dont know for 100% all whats going to change.

Is it matter of 1 - 2 days? Friday? Or next week? Even longer?

18. kuvasz

Hungary
    Does anyone even look at people's power levels? I certainly don't, I just look at their nicks and I judge their reputation from my experience. I'm neutral to new members of course.

I don't see a point in this PL thing except for being fun.

19. LordKerwyn

LordKerwyn New Member

Deep Space
    @Truffles.

20. MeisterX

MeisterX Hyperion

New Port Richey, FL
    Expect a news post sometime this week detailing the exact downtime estimates and other important information. So just pay attention to the front page! :D