1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Starcraft2forum 3.0

Discussion in 'Forum Information, Questions and Feedback' started by sc2forums, Mar 23, 2008.

Starcraft2forum 3.0

1. LordKerwyn

LordKerwyn New Member

Deep Space
    There is a link at the very bottom of the page. Also nothing has been done as far as theme/layout/mods are concerned give it some time.

2. kuvasz

kuvasz Corrections Officer

Hungary
    Ah, familiar layout... nice. Thanks for the efforts guys.

edit: I'm the first one with an avatar YESS!!11
    edit2: yes LK that was it so I quickly edited the post to avoid sounding like a nubcake :D

Last edited: Apr 5, 2008
  3. LordKerwyn

LordKerwyn New Member

Deep Space
    Have you checked you outbox? I had about 50 in there when I first dealt with that problem.

4. furrer

furrer New Member

Denmark
    I Cant jump away from the Forum Board!!!

5. LordKerwyn

LordKerwyn New Member

Deep Space
  6. furrer

furrer New Member

Denmark
    Ok you meant that link! I thought you meant the browsing thingy! TY!
    Lord Kerwyn does you have any idea about how long it will take to get the forum back to 100%? With minerals, all the ranks, refreshing new topics/post + those you have posted in etc (and a good layout)? 3 days, 1 week, 1 month?

7. LordKerwyn

LordKerwyn New Member

Deep Space
    No I don't only the admin has that information, and he probably doesn't have an exact deadline because everything could go perfectly smoothly or there could be a few hiccups it all depends. If the current layout really bugs you that much I would suggest waiting 12-24 hours so the admin has some time to get things setup and then come back and if it everything isn't back online hopefully there should be some form of deadline or new information.

As far as the shop goes I would expect that to be the last thing to be brough fully back online because of the nature of the way the information was recorded.

8. furrer

furrer New Member

Denmark
    Ok, then I think a good idea is to go offline a day or two (getting a life!), and then getting a real surprise when it starts again!

9. sc2forums

sc2forums Hyperion

Dear members,

Please refrain from complaints until the forums are properly skinned. I will be reverting to a very similar feel to the old site, and the look will be updated to match that of the front page. I have full time study and a part time job, and get on average 6 hours of sleep a day. I have spent every bit of my free time over the past 2 weeks working on this, and apologize that it is taking a while.

Many of you were complaining about the lack of shop item functions and asking for various improvements which were pretty much impossible for me to code into SMF as it was would take too much time. Thus, I decided to move over to VB where a lot of these requests are already written and only need implementing. I made this move for the benefit of the community and members, and have spent a lot of time which I don't have on it.

We just moved to a new server so you will notice that the speed of the site is a lot faster than before. It is a private dedicated server which I am paying for entirely out of my own pocket (to give you an idea of how expensive this server is, the costs are almost equal to half the rent on my apartment...)

I would appreciate if the members were a little more patient with things during this time. I could have easily left the site the way it was and ignored it but it would only damage the community in the long run.

For those that embrace the change, and are patient enough to go a few weeks through 'settling in' time, I thank you for your support. I am trying to make this as smooth as possible with the amount of time I have to commit to these forums. Jon is also working overtime with me on this and I'm sure he'd appreciate it too if everyone showed a little more support and little less complaining...

Thanks for understanding...

10. furrer

furrer New Member

Denmark
    sc2forums I think its great what you are doing!!! I just dont feel its worth posting right now, and a bit time offline could probably only help me. Im sure you will fix it, and make it 300% better then the old one, but right now (and only NOW), it is worser, and Im not feeling its worth posting.

I THINK ITS VERY GREAT WHAT YOU ARE DOING! You are probably the best admin on a forum Ive ever seen.

11. kuvasz

Hungary
    Woah my sadness rating decreased by a hefty amount, cool :D
    What I'm missing right now is the personal notepad that I could write the code of my sig in to avoid cluttering the forum. Of course I could just delete it and then look up the url of my sig at imageshack later on but... you know :D

ps half a rent? ouch... thanks for your time and effort, man

edit: quick question: will attachments be restored or were they lost? It's not a big problem if they were, I'd just need to collect all the stuff from my hard drive (like the animated avatars from the official site).

Last edited: Apr 5, 2008
  12. Hunter

Hunter New Member

Hungary,Székesfehérvár
    Well I guess you have them in one folder.. Do you? :) I have made one only for photoshop stuff.. There is a mess in it, but still I can find anything.
    And yes, carry on like that sc2forums, I really respect your work. (and yes the default Vbulletin layout is really not the best we could imagine :) I see you will have a lot of work with it.. The background is already here! yay)

13. ItzaHexGor

ItzaHexGor Active Member

Sydney, Australia
    Jeez, you can visibly see the changes starting to take place already. I'm glad it's not staying as it was. It's starting to look good.
    About the costs, how much do the advertisements contribute to? There were some at the top of the page on the old layout as well as affiliates (although I'm guessing that they would be mutual) and I noticed a fairly large ad for Blizzard here. Without getting into exact numbers, etc, how much help are they?
    I've changed my sig accordingly. I'm also looking for that technical difficulties picture of the really cute puppy with the power cord in its mouth. If anyone knows which one I mean from that short description, would you be able to find it? 'Cause I can't.
    Anyway, it all seems to be running much faster and more smoothly now. The changes are starting to look great. Keep it up!

14. Hunter

Hunter New Member

Hungary,Székesfehérvár
    It is interesting to see the admin experimenting with stuff.. I like the new quote button, and the others too.

15. kuvasz

Hungary
    Yes, very nice new buttons. The smaller they are, the better. Now Hunter's and my sig seem to clutter up the screen too much with the profile part being above messages and not next to it. Maybe the maximum height should be reduced to about 40 or 60?

16. Hunter

Hunter New Member

Hungary,Székesfehérvár
    Hm yes.. But i don't know if the admin can change the order, or place the user info to the side again. I liked that.. But this looks also good.. And I can't wait to see the pet system, the base design and all! This will be so good :)

It is interesting to see the date of join. I was a bit lazy before, to check it in the profiles.. :)

17. kuvasz

Hungary
    Yeah I can't wait to see the shop either.
    Oh and I've got to say, the top part of the forum is ridiculously awesome with the pieces of artwork shown one after the other, especially with the semitransparent logo button that lights up when moused over... Is this solely your work, sc2, or did you hire that guy who did the previous layout? Either way, it's really nice.

18. TheWorker

TheWorker Guest

Cheers mate! Wonderful forums. I am not a fan of the recent forum posts moved to the bottom of the page, but as you said, its not final.
    Ill stop posting for couple of days until the forums are going to be more or less finished. By that time Ill surely figure out how to bring my signature back! :)

Cheers! Thank you for doing this and shame on people who whine all the time:
    You haven't paid anything you have no right or reason to whine, not until its finished to say the least.

19. Hunter

Hunter New Member

Hungary,Székesfehérvár
    TheWorker it is like: Quick links, Edit Signature, and there you can use the [Img ] [/Img] code. I don't know if capital letters count, I wrote it in with caps lock..

20. kuvasz

Hungary
    You can change that in your profile settings, if it works. I haven't tried it because I'm used to that. It sort of makes sense to read posts in the order they were posted ;) it also helps you avoid reposting ideas and such.