1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Starcraft2forum 3.0

Discussion in 'Forum Information, Questions and Feedback' started by sc2forums, Mar 23, 2008.

Starcraft2forum 3.0

1. Aurora

Aurora The Defiant

The Netherlands
    Yeah, they would get a huge sign in their signature that says: "I suck!".
    Or how would you let people know someone has got a warning? I don't get that part. ;)
    Other then that, it sounds great, but we already have (temporarily) bans for that. I think that removing minerals should be enough for mods. Maybe the :powerdown: should stay as it is, but with a longer cooldown. Something like 2 days between powering down anyone should be enough to prevent people from abusing the function.

2. Kaaraa

Kaaraa Space Junkie

United States
    Or make it tougher to power down than to power up (20:1 ratio or higher for power downs) to cut down on unwarranted power downs, and maybe add some sort of handicap for news posts, since it is kind of ridiculous to get bonus minerals and tons of powerups from them :p

Nice idea with the warning system. But I think a week is just a hair too long. I say halve it: 3-4 days for each warning to disappear.

EDIT: What is the cooldown time for power downs? I was under the impression that it was the same as power ups (I've only given 1 power down during my time here).

3. Light

Light Guest

@ Forsaken- It could be where the current power level stands, or below it, something like ''warnings: 1''

Currently, the cooldown to powerup/down a specific person is 3 days. You can powerup/down as many people as possible though. What the admin wants in the new system is a limit on how many people you can powerdown in a week, so no real cooldown.

4. kuvasz

kuvasz Corrections Officer

Hungary
    How a superfast post about the most recent news on SC2 is not worth a powerup is beyond me.

With all these proposals for restrictions you're just suggesting to strip people from their freedom of awarding others. And I sincerely believe that the people who are obsessed with their power levels undermine the whole system.

Remove it.

5. -LT-

-LT- New Member

I agree, the power level system should be removed.

6. Aurora

Aurora The Defiant

The Netherlands
    Sorry for going off-topic here, but that signature is just awesome.
    To bad that there is a spelling mistakes in it. XD

Anyway, welcome to the forums!

7. Light

Light Guest

@ Kuvasz- I see you didn't read any of my posts, or you just plain ignored/misunderstood my intentions, like you were banging your head on the table or something. Now that is beyond me. :powerdown:

I have always wanted to have the power level removed, as I have said earlier in this thread, and finally people agree. I only tried to come up with ideas to improve the system, because many did not want to see it gone.

8. -LT-

-LT- New Member

Can the signature height limit in the new forum be 150-200 please? :)

9. Gasmaskguy

Gasmaskguy New Member

Sweden
    I agree with some of you, the PL system should be removed completely.

Off topic: Yeah, nice signature! But... "workng class"? :p

10. Aurora

Aurora The Defiant

The Netherlands
    You know, the people who work. They are called the "working class". It's a quite common expression.

Back on topic: I agree with removing the power levels completely. They cause to much trouble. I mean, just look at the discussion that resetting them has caused. We would be better of without them.

11. kuvasz

kuvasz Corrections Officer

Hungary
    GM, I stopped looking at my level at around 10 and as you may have guessed, I don't give a damn about it now. So if changing levels gets you off as much as your posts reflect it then be my guest.

12. Aurora

Aurora The Defiant

The Netherlands
    Please stop fighting about this or I will give you both a :powerdown:, even if you don't care. ;)
    This is getting out of hand, seriously, they are just little green numbers on a forum. Lowering them won't actually hurt you or something. :p

13. Gasmaskguy

Gasmaskguy New Member

Sweden
    lol. I am both sorry and glad I could help.

14. Kaaraa

Kaaraa Space Junkie

United States
    "Meooow! *hiss!*" is the first thought in my mind looking at this page. I'm beginning to think that all-together removal of the PL system is a good thing -_-

15. MeisterX

MeisterX Hyperion

New Port Richey, FL
    Okay, guys, well at this point it's not like we can "choose" to keep your power levels. It's just simply not worth the time even if we DID have the manpower to accomplish the task.

So here's the new plan since there's been such a stolid reaction to, of all things, a little green number.

We're going to switch over to the new system, clear the power levels, and then ascertain based on the abilities of the new system what type of power level system we will be establishing.

Fair enough? We'll post a poll with different ideas when the time comes. Remember to keep your eyes on the news page and make sure to look at the news ticker for information on when the actual change will take place.

16. Light

Light Guest

If everyone wants it to be gone why make things more complicated? Get rid of it already, or are you just speaking for yourself?

Btw, I dont want to fight anyone, it was just an ironic powerdown (even tho he did deserve it).

17. MeisterX

MeisterX Hyperion

New Port Richey, FL
    I don't even know what you're talking about....

All I'm saying is that we will reassess the situation AFTER we have made the move and we know what the new system is capable of. That should solve at least part of the discussion for us. :D

18. Ursawarrior

Ursawarrior New Member

somewhere....not sure
    regarding pow levels, i always look or notice power levels, and i also cherish mine, but i got them mostly for the lulz i made to people... so i would be dismayed if the pow levels got reseted

19. Hunter

Hunter New Member

Hungary,Székesfehérvár
    Well, after reading 10 pages of discussion, I am quite sure that the PL system won't remain the same :) Removing, and resetting would also be good ideas I think, but I think removing would be the better one, so you wouldn't have to "worry" about the PL.. People will recignise others through the nicknames, and I think that is enough. kuvasz's and some others nick already shows some reputation, everyone knows who he is.

20. furrer

furrer New Member

Denmark
    Yeah and we know you too! And all the mods, and GM_k etc. etc.
    What about me, you remember me?